Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
21 posts

Re: Why Base Rapes in Starhawk are going to be more frequent and worse than in Warhawk, In a single picture

May 21, 2012

If they just add a loadout that makes it hard to base camp, that would help. Then people who like the challenge of busting up campers could still have that option, but more casual gamers could choose an easier server. For me, this game has been ruined by all the people who think it's fun to camp on the other teams spawn point.

Message 421 of 1,554 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
536 posts

Re: Why Base Rapes in Starhawk are going to be more frequent and worse than in Warhawk, In a single picture

May 21, 2012

In WH they waited until they had all the bases captured before spawn camping, now there are no bases to capture so its right to spawn camping. Personaly I play the entire game in the enemies home base. If they cant get out, they cant score. 

Free Gamer Sigs from VideoGameSigs.com
Message 422 of 1,554 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3595 posts

May 21, 2012

doghound62 wrote:

In WH they waited until they had all the bases captured before spawn camping, now there are no bases to capture so its right to spawn camping. Personaly I play the entire game in the enemies home base. If they cant get out, they cant score. 

And the battle to get all bases could go on for a pretty long time too. Still, if WH bases were the barren wastelands they are in SH, many would just skip the bases and go for the raping straight away.

Photobucket
Message 423 of 1,554 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

May 21, 2012

That is indeed the reality. In addition, there's only three options in this game: Your team is base-raped or enemy team is base-raped, or there's a stand-still between the two where two bases are incredibly turreted-up and both teams have multiple tanks/hawk on the move.

There's nothing in between these. There's no middle point on the battle field that needs to be crossed before a base-rape can begin on the other side of the battle-field. It simply happens. Today, twice, my team had no structures and were being pwn'd to death. Hacker skill-Steal their launch pad hawk, and the battle-field turned all around. In a matter of minutes, the opponents base was being raped by my teams clusters and torpedo's.

In Warhawk, however, there were bases that needed to be captured before moving forward. I miss that.

0 Likes
Sackboy
536 posts

May 21, 2012

Yes well if SH had real bases with non destructable buildings placed in stategic locations it would help alot.  I dont know, maybe alot of people would play WH differently now that they have played SH

Message 425 of 1,554 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3595 posts

May 21, 2012

doghound62 wrote:

Yes well if SH had real bases with non destructable buildings placed in stategic locations it would help alot.  I dont know, maybe alot of people would play WH differently now that they have played SH

Maybe, but i don't think they'd have that much success and in great measure because you had lots of cover in most main bases in WH. I know because i've seen lots of people that would try to play WH with that mindset, as if there were no bases in between main bases and their impact on the game's outcome was only superficial.

I've seen several people who would spawn, get the TOW and throw it at the enemy's main base, but that was probably a wasted TOW because the other team was in a base capturing it for territory. I've seen people spawning and flying in a straight line to the flag in WH and that was so stupid and ineffective against a team with more than 2 brain cells because probably that player would have to go through the bases that the enemy had captured in the meantime.

It's one of the biggest things that bugs me in SH, that rush tactics were made valid and effective. Spawn, get the bigger weapons like Torpedo or clusters and you can destroy the enemy's base. Spawn, rush to the flag and if you're out of their base, your chances are good of getting it back.

I always laughed at rushers in WH but SH came and took the strategic fight for territory away. Now it's fight for each other's main base and that makes it so that a baseraping can take place really quickly.

Photobucket
Message 426 of 1,554 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3595 posts

Jun 8, 2012

Bumping ominous thread by request.

Photobucket
Message 427 of 1,554 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2787 posts

Jun 8, 2012

Hobbyho51 wrote:

Dude that is the point, you're supposed to put buildings down to make cover

Walls are actually useful, believe it or not. They cost very little rift energy, too. Sadly they're taken down easily. Seeing as the bruiser skill is going to get nerfed a bit, it should be interesting to see how long walls will last with the upcoming update. Hopefully slightly longer. 

Message 428 of 1,554 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

make a MYhawk for starhawk?

Jun 11, 2012

if they do this it will be alot better for the game anyone else thinks so?

Message 429 of 1,554 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Re: make a MYhawk for starhawk?

Jun 11, 2012

Exactly what is "this"?

are you talking deeper customization or a social networking web page?

Message 430 of 1,554 (145 Views)
0 Likes