46571 posts

Re: Warhawk > Starhawk

Nov 27, 2012

ManlyMisfit wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Nah spacenun

Flight  Warhawk>Starahawk

Ground Starhawk> Warhawk.

Of corse this is all opinion from both of us but, to me, that is the case.

Only mooncalfs dont like the ground in Warhawk. Usually because they were no good at it. 

LOL manly you don't know whom your talking to, go look at my WH DM wlr, its almost 1.0.....

Please use plain text.
Message 1471 of 1,554 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Re: Warhawk > Starhawk

Dec 28, 2012

Man this is a huge thread! Have you read this stuff?

Please use plain text.
Message 1472 of 1,554 (163 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: Warhawk VS Starhawk - MEGA thread!

Feb 10, 2013

Warhawk is a lot better

Please use plain text.
Message 1473 of 1,554 (113 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1185 posts

Warhawk>Starhawk?

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2013

I LOVED Warhawk back in the day.  I spent so many hours in that game during the beta and after release so I was totally hyped for Starhawk.  Although once I actually played Starhawk in beta I felt like something was missing.  It just didn't feel nearly as fun as Warhawk.  I think it was the whole sci fi/space motif that I wasn't digging.  Now I'm looking at picking up a new TPS for the PS3 and am looking at either Defiance or picking this up.  

Any other ex Warhawk addicts have any further opinions of Starhawk?  Was my initial impression of the Starhawk beta wrong?  Is Starhawk as good or better than Warhawk or should I pass?  

Please use plain text.
Message 1474 of 1,554 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2548 posts

Re: Warhawk>Starhawk?

Apr 14, 2013
It's harder to fly but being a ground troop seems better thanks to the OTS view. If you can master the unlocking missiles, build and battle, and the troop auto lock you will become unstoppable. Starhawk is a great game and I'm starting to prefer it to warhawk...
Please use plain text.
Message 1475 of 1,554 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Apr 14, 2013
The game has undergone a few patches scince BETA, and now the game is much better balanced and more fun. new maps have been added bringing the total up to 15 ground maps and 2 air exclusive maps, and 3 new modes were added, giving 7 in total. the flying in starhawk is a bit slower then that of warhawk, the maps are smaller and more barren, but other then those two flaws I think you'll find starhawk to be a great game online, and it still has an active player base :smileyhappy:
as a rule, warhawk vets seem pretty torn on starhawk, but I'd say so long as you don't go in expecting the same game you got in '07 you'll be fine (in short, it's not really warhawk 2 in play style, but it's certainly a compotent shooter and ALOT of fun to play) maybe check out some footage of clan battles?
Please use plain text.
Message 1476 of 1,554 (239 Views)
Fender Bender
2548 posts

Apr 14, 2013
you can find alot of clan battle footage on darthnicks channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/davenicolson
Please use plain text.
Message 1477 of 1,554 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Apr 14, 2013
Warhawk sucks. Starhawk has better gameplay than Defiance, but Defiance is more active.
Please use plain text.
Message 1478 of 1,554 (232 Views)
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2013

BEN_drowned__ wrote:
Warhawk sucks. Starhawk has better gameplay than Defiance, but Defiance is more active.

Warhawk sucks? Have you ever actually played it?

I love Starhawk, play it every day or every other day but all it's fundamentals came from Warhawk which is the TRUE war game. 

4 Player split-screen online, 32 player battles with no frame drop unlike Starhawk, No random XMB quits, Error 4 codes and a much more in depth leaderboard and skill statistic system.

No Starhawk player can say Warhawk sucks because all of the game mechanics in Starhawk CAME from Warhawk.

photo goodstuf_zps22aa784c.png
Please use plain text.
Message 1479 of 1,554 (227 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1173 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2013

Killcycle wrote:

I love Starhawk, play it every day or every other day but all it's fundermentals came from Warhawk which is the TRUE war game. 

4 Player split-screen online, 32 player battles with no frame drop unlike Starhawk, No random XMB quits, Error 4 codes and a much more in depth leaderboard and skill statistic system.

No Starhawk player can say Warhawk sucks because all of the game mechanics in Starhawk CAME from Warhawk.

^ True.

Starhawk is fun, but Warhawk will always be better. I think it's a more of a "If you played Warhawk back in it's glorry days, you'll understand" type of thing. I don't know... that's just my opnion  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 1480 of 1,554 (223 Views)