Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Im losing faith in Starhawk

Aug 3, 2011

Every piece of info i hear is getting me more and more worried of how starhawk is going to turn out, other than the weapon pickups and the vehicles LB is completely changing everything instead of building upon what made warhawk a great game. Starhawk is making the mistakes socom 4 and killzone 3 did and look at what happened. No dedicated ranked servers,a leveling a up system replacing rankings, and skills/perks its not hard to tell LB is focused on bringing over the casual gamers, and another thing thats been bugging me is the knife being switched to R3, i can already see this being a problem, i can just see myself shooting at someone and just sprint at me and knife me. I hope during the beta they make some major changes to starhawk, i just hope LB listens to the warheads and remember that they're are the ones still playing warhawk and supporting it not the casual audience.

Message 51 of 1,554 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Re: Im losing faith in Starhawk

Aug 3, 2011

they should have kept the controller the same way warhawk has them!

Message 52 of 1,554 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7933 posts

Aug 3, 2011

Im iffy about the changes too but I try to keep in mind that StarHawk is a new game that used WarHawk as a stepping stone or a building block in a sense. I dislike games like CoD so deep down in the pit of my gut there is an uneasy feeling for the things that may be. On another note, I feel LB is going to come off with a sick twist to the ranking & skill system that will make us go.... dayum, dat is freaking tight.

Message 53 of 1,554 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Aug 4, 2011

The only thing I'm worried about is the building thats it, I'm afraid we'll see people just completly build loads and loads of buildings to protect the flag etc....thats why when I play with my self on Starhawk I'm going to play other modes besides CTF.

ape escape. Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 54 of 1,554 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2277 posts

Aug 5, 2011

JLP_M wrote:

when I play with my self on Starhawk I'm going to play other modes besides CTF.

Small coin Pictures, Images and Photos Small coin Pictures, Images and Photos Small coin Pictures, Images and Photos Small coin Pictures, Images and Photos Small coin Pictures, Images and Photos

When I play with myself on SH I'm going to build walls around me first so no one sees what I'm doing.

I'm open to most stuff, looking forward to it even, but perks, and server lists being a "maybe" scares me that I might not LOVE it like WH.

The Warhawk wiki is here
Message 55 of 1,554 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2277 posts

Aug 5, 2011

It will still be a 3rd-person, flexible, foot/vehicle/air shooter, and how many good games like that have you seen? So even if they alter it to get more sales, it will hopefully still be good. I expect to like it...but I want to LOVE it.

I'm open to most stuff, looking forward to it even, but perks, and server lists being a "maybe" worries me that I might not LOVE it like WH.

The Warhawk wiki is here
Message 56 of 1,554 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Aug 5, 2011

jason_ac wrote:

JLP_M wrote:

when I play with my self on Starhawk I'm going to play other modes besides CTF.

Small coin Pictures, Images and Photos Small coin Pictures, Images and Photos Small coin Pictures, Images and Photos Small coin Pictures, Images and Photos Small coin Pictures, Images and Photos

When I play with myself on SH I'm going to build walls around me first so no one sees what I'm doing.

I'm open to most stuff, looking forward to it even, but perks, and server lists being a "maybe" scares me that I might not LOVE it like WH.

For Warhawk documentation & gameplay tips visit the Warhawk Wiki

Is Warhawk out of date? No, it's the HawkJunkie's training ground for Starhawk! Pwn Starhawk newbies from day 1! :smileywink:

Message 57 of 1,554 (101 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49576 posts

Aug 5, 2011

I'm waiting for the beta before I really decide but some of the stuff im hearing (matchmaking, no player hosted servers) makes me a bit skeptical.

Message 58 of 1,554 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3370 posts

Aug 8, 2011

zFEARLESSz wrote:

Every piece of info i hear is getting me more and more worried of how starhawk is going to turn out, other than the weapon pickups and the vehicles LB is completely changing everything instead of building upon what made warhawk a great game. Starhawk is making the mistakes socom 4 and killzone 3 did and look at what happened. No dedicated ranked servers,a leveling a up system replacing rankings, and skills/perks its not hard to tell LB is focused on bringing over the casual gamers, and another thing thats been bugging me is the knife being switched to R3, i can already see this being a problem, i can just see myself shooting at someone and just sprint at me and knife me. I hope during the beta they make some major changes to starhawk, i just hope LB listens to the warheads and remember that they're are the ones still playing warhawk and supporting it not the casual audience.

I completely agree. I wish they would open there eyes and see the bad trend that KZ3 & S4 did. Please listen to us and give us what we want. No matchmaking and no skill perks.

Message 59 of 1,554 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
436 posts

Aug 8, 2011

all i can say is that if you enjoyed warhawk then im pretty sure this wont disappoint.

Message 60 of 1,554 (101 Views)
0 Likes