12-08-2012 05:02 PM
12-08-2012 06:08 PM
12-08-2012 08:09 PM - edited 12-09-2012 09:59 AM
I don't have a "Game of the Year" really. If I had to pick one game that impressed me the most, it would have to be Journey. It's the most polished and complete game I've played all year. Great score and moving game play. I only wish the experience lasted longer but that's only because I never wanted it to end.
2012 will be remembered as the year when nearly every game I was looking forward to disappointed me one way or the other.
That being said, here is the list of games I did play the most this year and why (if they did) disappoint me some how.
1) Pinball Arcade (only wish more tables came out for the PS3 like they did for other devices)
2) Starhawk (buggy, short single player, unbalanced servers, only one batch of DLC)
3) SSX (hated the "Deadly Descents" levels, lifeless and less "event like", lonely multiplayer (racing against ghosts = boring) though just recently patched for up to five player MP (too little, too late), only one DLC level, real money buy-ins often needed to play most MP events and to get improved gear)
4) Journey (the one game that didn't disappoint me other than it released with known bugs that took too long to address - but in a way even had fun finding all the glitches with repeat plays)
5) Need For Speed: Most Wanted (reached both the level and score caps after only two weeks, a bit less polished than other Criterion racing games - lots of noticeable distant and even up close graphics "pop-in")
6) LittleBigPlanet Karting (boring story mode, not yet compatible with other LBP content but will be "soon", no major improvements since the private beta, racing feels slow)
7) Zen Pinball 2 (no major complaints other than "where's some new tables?")
8) Soul Calibur V (no major complaints other than no real noticeable improvements over IV)
9) There is no "9".
That's all the 2012 PS3 games I've played this year other than betas and demos.
I'm still playing plenty of other games from 2011 and 2010 or older but other than Pinball Arcade and Starhawk I doubt I'll play much of the other 2012 games till some DLC and/or patches come out since I got bored rather quickly with the rest (with the exception of "Journey").
I hope 2013 is a better year for PS3 gaming than 2012 was.
12-08-2012 08:35 PM