Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 31 2012
By: Elegantly-Wasted Splicer 62 posts

What ultimately led to staff at LBI being let go?

9 replies 269 views Edited Oct 31, 2012

In any case, it resulted in a sad situation... but what was the biggest cause?

For me, I think the lack of corporate advertising led to lower than expected sales. Sony did not make the revenue it expected and and that played the biggest part in Sony canning its partnership with LBI.

But if you ask me this was more of a publisher gaffe (read: Sony CE) than the developer's. But also, the gameplay formula that worked so well in Warhawk was spurned for a whole new, albeit innovative, direction. However I think many veterans were rubbed the wrong way when the Beta released and then the writing was basically already on the wall. T

he May 8th release did nothing to help the cause. The game was simply not finished at the time but Sony's pressure forced an incomplete game to market with no publicity.

All in all, I lay most of the blame on SCE. It's too bad LBI took the large brunt of it, but they had opportunity to listen to their fans a bit more. I wonder if they had any say in the (lack of) advertising Sony allocated to their game. I know Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Geurilla get marketing up the whazoo. Shame SCE didn't do the same for LBI.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (269 Views)
Gaming Beast
1765 posts

Re: What ultimately led to staff at LBI being let go?

Oct 31, 2012

The game had so many balance, connection, and freeze issues at release, no company in its right mind would have pumped money into advertising it. It was released in an awful, unfinished state, which doomed sales and ultimately LBI. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (257 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8168 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Mainly the guys at LBI would not listen to me, thats the downfall of most.

They are only human and do make mistakes, just feel bad they had to find out this lesson the hard way.

Moral of the story?  Always listen to Phillyblunz.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Oct 31, 2012
If you put money into something, you will get money out of it. If they advertised the game, LBI would have had better sales, so they could have fixed the game faster.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Nov 1, 2012
^^take a business class.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (203 Views)
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

Nov 1, 2012

These threads are apologist, based in pure fiction, and make absolutely no sense. Advertising costs BIG money where the COD fanbase resides on their TV shows. I just don't think you people get it. Sony knew this game was shaping up to be awful. They would have had their ad plans in writing or near pretty much by the time open beta went live. The Open Beta was purely garbage and turned off a significant amount of players. You honestly think these suits don't have people who look at these things and make decisions based on the game itself?

Whatever makes you guys sleep at night though. Starhawk was killed by its father and nothing more or less. What you people describe should have also killed Dark Souls. Yet here I am playing this game maxed on my PC, ported because of a FAN PETITION, and that game had next to no ads and is on its way to a couple million in sales. Your ad crap doesn't play out. Sony doesn't have millions of dollars to put into ads for a niche game with tons of problems. If they would have sold a million for SH they would have had LEGIONS of upset gamers at all the problems. They did the right thing.

LBI is the be all end all creator and destroyer of this game.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (182 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1062 posts

Nov 1, 2012
why the hell are you still here?
saying something more than once does not make you more convincing.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (175 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Nov 1, 2012
I'm blown away by the failure of this game. This game is fun, and my favorite mp game. But I could have been 100% better.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Nov 1, 2012

lmfao...maybe, just maybe, it was because the game flopped? 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (157 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2573 posts

Nov 1, 2012

SpaceNun wrote:

These threads are apologist, based in pure fiction, and make absolutely no sense. Advertising costs BIG money where the COD fanbase resides on their TV shows. I just don't think you people get it. Sony knew this game was shaping up to be awful. They would have had their ad plans in writing or near pretty much by the time open beta went live. The Open Beta was purely garbage and turned off a significant amount of players. You honestly think these suits don't have people who look at these things and make decisions based on the game itself?

Whatever makes you guys sleep at night though. Starhawk was killed by its father and nothing more or less. What you people describe should have also killed Dark Souls. Yet here I am playing this game maxed on my PC, ported because of a FAN PETITION, and that game had next to no ads and is on its way to a couple million in sales. Your ad crap doesn't play out. Sony doesn't have millions of dollars to put into ads for a niche game with tons of problems. If they would have sold a million for SH they would have had LEGIONS of upset gamers at all the problems. They did the right thing.

LBI is the be all end all creator and destroyer of this game.

something i've alwasy wanted to ask you:

do you not have a life??

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (92 Views)