May 13 2013
By: AudieLMurphy1960 Lombax Warrior 194 posts

When do you feel it is OK to kick a player that you think is a cheat?

[ Edited ]
46 replies 1119 views Edited May 13, 2013

CusterKen.jpgWe have all been there. You are hosting or you have joined a game and you are having a blast. Then someone joins the game that no matter how many hits he takes as if by magic never seems to take any damage! Maybe after a very very long time with everyone and his brother shooting the garbage out of magic man then and only then they die once or twice. I know that there are many good players out there and much better then this old due is, but come on! Even the best of the best will go down in flames if he is the target of all hell! When is it OK to kick? Should you get the agreement of most of those who are on the server first? Should you ask the one who you feel is a cheat to explain how it is that he or she can do things that seem way beyond what the game allows or even what most good players can do? If you find someone under the map should you show them the door? Most of the time kicking is a big waste of time, because the cheat will just rejoin because that is what jerks do! Do you wish that after so many kicks that for as long as the server stays up that the offender is now banned from rejoining? A ban option sounds nice, but in Warhawk there were those who abused it rather then use if fairly against a cheat. What do you think or do? AND PLEASE NO NASTY COMMENTS. I am just looking for honest answers. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 47 (1,119 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Re: When do you feel it is OK to kick a player that you think is a cheat?

May 13, 2013
It's your game and your money paid for it so do whatever the **bleep** you feel like.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 47 (1,112 Views)
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

May 13, 2013
I kick people when they pull BS in my base like taking out my launch pad with a hawk over and over again. I kick most c o n members as most of them are jerks. I don't mind people in my base, in fact I kinda like when they come in my base on foot( easy kill ) but when they destroy my buildings in a tank or hawk like a coward, all hell breaks loose
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 47 (1,099 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46584 posts

May 13, 2013

That is a personal call Murphy.  I typically won't remove people unless they use highly charged language meant to offend wholesale groups based of race, religion, or sex.    And even then I warn first.  

If they gave us ping listings on the servers I'd kick people with over 200 ping without feeling bad all day long.  

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 47 (1,092 Views)
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

That is a personal call Murphy.  I typically won't remove people unless they use highly charged language meant to offend wholesale groups based of race, religion, or sex.    And even then I warn first.  

If they gave us ping listings on the servers I'd kick people with over 200 ping without feeling bad all day long.  

Good point. I do kick players on my own team that reclaim Flak, beam and machine guns for no reason other than to ruin a game or maybe help the other team by taking out our guns! That is a swift kick from the game. I see no point in cheating. Maybe you feel good for a short time by fooling others that you are a good player, but at the end of the day you are cheating yourself out of the feeling that comes from putting in the time and paying your dues to become a good player. Then and only then you know that every point you earn was your own skill and something to brag about. Truth be told most cheats are well known by everyone and all of the lagging, hacking, glitching & poor sportsmanship they pull will never earn anyone's respect!
300.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 47 (1,084 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1173 posts

May 13, 2013

Rift_-_Maker_ wrote:
I kick people when they pull BS in my base like taking out my launch pad with a hawk over and over again. I kick most c o n members as most of them are jerks. I don't mind people in my base, in fact I kinda like when they come in my base on foot( easy kill ) but when they destroy my buildings in a tank or hawk like a coward, all hell breaks loose

That seems a little harsh.

Destroying enemy buildings is a game strategy... and quite a useful one, too. I've done it before when the enemy begins to overrun our base... I just sneak off to their base and destroy all their buildings. They have to rebuild everything and it gives us some breathing room to get back on our feet.

Or are you talking about baserape? It is a jerk move to take a tank or hawk and keep destroying your buildings and spawn killing... but still, I just suck it up and count down till the next match begins.

I don't know... maybe I'm just too soft on the kick button. I never kick unless someone is harassing other members over the mic or cheating (As in glitching).

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 47 (1,072 Views)
Survivor
2065 posts

May 13, 2013

I think if a host kicks a player two or more times the offender's (Host) PS3 should explode and the victim (Kick-ee) should be given a cookie for his troubles.

Interested in playing DUST?

Use this recruitment link to get free items once you sign-up: https://dust514.com/recruit/TbXlqE/

Mail me in-game (Knight Soiaire), or, join the 'Learning Coalition' chat channel if you need any help.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 47 (1,063 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2452 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

armyluke wrote:

I think if a host kicks a player two or more times the offender's (Host) PS3 should explode and the victim (Kick-ee) should be given a cookie for his troubles.

But then all the hosts' would just go kick-happy for the cookies. :smileysad:

@OP

I think sending the purported glitcher/cheater a message asking what they're doing is the best option. If they don't reply or outright claim to be glitching then just kick them.

photo FlashSig_zpsf2c14030.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 47 (1,017 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2065 posts

May 13, 2013

DarthDanMan wrote:

armyluke wrote:

@OP

I think sending the purported glitcher/cheater a message asking what they're doing is the best option. If they don't reply or outright claim to be glitching then just kick them.

No, the person being kicked GETS the cookie, not the host!

I've been kicked countless times and have said to myself "**bleep**, I really would like a cookie right now".

Interested in playing DUST?

Use this recruitment link to get free items once you sign-up: https://dust514.com/recruit/TbXlqE/

Mail me in-game (Knight Soiaire), or, join the 'Learning Coalition' chat channel if you need any help.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 47 (846 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2452 posts

May 13, 2013

armyluke wrote:

DarthDanMan wrote:

armyluke wrote:

@OP

No, the person being kicked GETS the cookie, not the host!

I've been kicked countless times and have said to myself "**bleep**, I really would like a cookie right now".

I misread I guess. The cookie better be chocolate chip otherwise it isn't worth it.  

photo FlashSig_zpsf2c14030.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 47 (450 Views)