Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
48844 posts
 

Re: Who here miss LBI

Apr 5, 2013

theDemolisher13 wrote:

I think if Sony put more money into Starhawk and Warhawk they would have been big name title like BattleField3 or Call of Duty whatever the hawk games have this gameplay you just can fine anywhere else in the gaming community. I still think they can save SH if they try too bring back the old developers back together or something. But yea it's very sad to see a game like this not reach its true potential.


Yeah SH is so unique and awesome as is WH.  I truly hope they bring another hawk game to the PS4

Message 21 of 41 (191 Views)
Reply
Pistol Proficinado
Registered: 07/07/2012
Offline
590 posts
 

Re: Who here miss LBI

Apr 5, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

theDemolisher13 wrote:

I think if Sony put more money into Starhawk and Warhawk they would have been big name title like BattleField3 or Call of Duty whatever the hawk games have this gameplay you just can fine anywhere else in the gaming community. I still think they can save SH if they try too bring back the old developers back together or something. But yea it's very sad to see a game like this not reach its true potential.


Yeah SH is so unique and awesome as is WH.  I truly hope they bring another hawk game to the PS4


Even if it's not another Hawk game, I hope we'll see more games that are a RTS / Shooter (hopefully TPS) hybrid. It brings a level of play that's more fun than any "plain" shooter out there.
 

Of course, another hawk game would be great. Dropping a building on top of another player never gets old, and the pod drop is IMO the best spawn method. When spawing by appearing on the battlefield, you have to get your bearings and during that time, you're vulnerable.

 

@theDemolisher: Starhawk was just released much too early (and relied too much on statisical data for gameplay balance / feedback). But when a developper signs a financing deal with a big publisher, they usually loose control of their release schedule.

Message 22 of 41 (184 Views)
Reply
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7464 posts
 

Re: Who here miss LBI

Apr 5, 2013

Orpheus_Fool wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

theDemolisher13 wrote:

I think if Sony put more money into Starhawk and Warhawk they would have been big name title like BattleField3 or Call of Duty whatever the hawk games have this gameplay you just can fine anywhere else in the gaming community. I still think they can save SH if they try too bring back the old developers back together or something. But yea it's very sad to see a game like this not reach its true potential.


Yeah SH is so unique and awesome as is WH.  I truly hope they bring another hawk game to the PS4


Even if it's not another Hawk game, I hope we'll see more games that are a RTS / Shooter (hopefully TPS) hybrid. It brings a level of play that's more fun than any "plain" shooter out there.
 

Of course, another hawk game would be great. Dropping a building on top of another player never gets old, and the pod drop is IMO the best spawn method. When spawing by appearing on the battlefield, you have to get your bearings and during that time, you're vulnerable.

 

@theDemolisher: Starhawk was just released much too early (and relied too much on statisical data for gameplay balance / feedback). But when a developper signs a financing deal with a big publisher, they usually loose control of their release schedule.


I like it as well. I always orient myself as I'm coming down which is great. One of things I absolutely love about the game.

Message 23 of 41 (179 Views)
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
48844 posts
 

Re: Who here miss LBI

Apr 5, 2013

Yeah orpheus build and battle bringing the RTS into the shooter is what I truly love about the game.  It is just so fun to build your own stuff, I couldn't beleive a lot of my fellow warhawk vets hated it so much. 

Message 24 of 41 (174 Views)
Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/31/2008
Offline
1094 posts
 

Re: Who here miss LBI

Apr 5, 2013

TESTIFY!

Drop pods IS the best spawn system ever developed.  It gives the player a totally fair way to choose the urgency and conflict level of their spawn-in position.

 photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Message 25 of 41 (161 Views)
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/25/2012
Offline
7276 posts
 

Re: Who here miss LBI

Apr 5, 2013
It also doesnt leave you velnerable while spawning.

Cod, BF, MoH,and other games have that "open your eyes" effect(mostly BF3)where your player is there, but the camra isnt.
Message 26 of 41 (143 Views)
Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/03/2009
Offline
1918 posts
 

Re: Who here miss LBI

Apr 7, 2013

What i cant fathom is =/ Incognito split up shortley after warhawk into two teams. Light box and Eat sleep play... 

Starhawk .. has Warhawks servers quality * well almost =D!*, but is a glitchy game..

Twisted metal is polished to the brim with little gliches but has god awful servers. *ps Tm i prefer* 

You would expect both games to have been just as good as warhawk. 

 

Message 27 of 41 (76 Views)
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
48844 posts
 

Re: Who here miss LBI

Apr 8, 2013

frogmanlego wrote:

What i cant fathom is =/ Incognito split up shortley after warhawk into two teams. Light box and Eat sleep play... 

Starhawk .. has Warhawks servers quality * well almost =D!*, but is a glitchy game..

Twisted metal is polished to the brim with little gliches but has god awful servers. *ps Tm i prefer* 

You would expect both games to have been just as good as warhawk. 

 


That is a good point and I expected it to be at least as stable as warhawk as well!

Message 28 of 41 (78 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 02/01/2009
Offline
2633 posts
 

Re: Who here miss LBI

Apr 8, 2013

i miss the team, because they would of allow you to reach the yellow and black barrier on the multiplayer maps.

 

Whom ever is altering the game for their personal benefit is ruining the beautiful experience for everyone, That's playing this awesome epic video game.

 

Plus the team Light Box Interactive would of created more paid for downloadable content such as:

 

More indepth beautiful maps.

 

More vehicles.

 

 

To whom ever is in charge of The Star Hawk video game...

Please allow Starhawk individual slash players to reach the yellow and black barriers

 

 

THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Message 29 of 41 (69 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/29/2012
Offline
2548 posts
 

Re: Who here miss LBI

Apr 8, 2013

What do you mean by yellow and black barriers?

Message 30 of 41 (61 Views)
Reply
0 Likes