Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
49220 posts
 

Re: Who's Really Good?

Mar 14, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

Rift_-_Maker_ wrote:
Me :smileyhappy: . Lol just kidding. Depends on what you define as OP or glitches. Like do you consider the snap aim a glitch? I think that snap aim should be a skill.


I like cheese :smileyhappy:

Technically snap aim can not be a glitch as operates exactly as intended by the game developers as stated by Dylan Jobe in a radio interview.

 

He considered spin to win "pretty exploitable" and did not want that for Starhawk, this was from the same radio interview.

 

If anyone wants I can post a link.

 

But perhaps the jumping snap aim could be seen as a glitch?

 

Besides the fact that all the vehicles have full on auto-aim, I would say snap aim is the lesser of all the evils.


razorback/grizzly have snap aim too!

Message 41 of 132 (129 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 02/08/2012
Offline
536 posts
 

Re: Who's Really Good?

Mar 14, 2013

Hey Pilgrim,

I have to say that as a n00b, snap aim is actually kind of difficult for me to use while jumping. I die a lot while attempting this.

I am not the best video game player, but I think that when you get really good at this game you should prob outgrow the snap-aim. I bet the really good players are better without using it.

Is there a snap-aim for grizzly's? Cause I can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn with them. Mostly, I use them to run and jump over obstacles like walls.

 

 

Message 42 of 132 (129 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/08/2008
Offline
8743 posts
 

Re: Who's Really Good?

Mar 14, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:

Rift_-_Maker_ wrote:
Me :smileyhappy: . Lol just kidding. Depends on what you define as OP or glitches. Like do you consider the snap aim a glitch? I think that snap aim should be a skill.


I like cheese :smileyhappy:

Technically snap aim can not be a glitch as operates exactly as intended by the game developers as stated by Dylan Jobe in a radio interview.

 

He considered spin to win "pretty exploitable" and did not want that for Starhawk, this was from the same radio interview.

 

If anyone wants I can post a link.

 

But perhaps the jumping snap aim could be seen as a glitch?

 

Besides the fact that all the vehicles have full on auto-aim, I would say snap aim is the lesser of all the evils.


razorback/grizzly have snap aim too!


But their auto-aim is stronger then their snap aim.

 

Just like the KR does have auto-aim/sticky-aim, but the snap aim is stronger.

 

See this vid of the razorback sticky-auto-aim.

 

 

And for fun a vid of the KR snap aim way back in beta when no one knew about it, I had to make this vid so the forum die hards would believe me.  Back then no one ever believed me so I had to shove vids down throats constantly to prove I was not lieing, LOL.

 

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.


dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 43 of 132 (125 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Pistol Proficinado
Registered: 07/07/2012
Offline
590 posts
 

Re: Who's Really Good?

Mar 14, 2013

Dark-Quaker wrote:

Hey Pilgrim,

I have to say that as a n00b, snap aim is actually kind of difficult for me to use while jumping. I die a lot while attempting this.

I am not the best video game player, but I think that when you get really good at this game you should prob outgrow the snap-aim. I bet the really good players are better without using it.

Is there a snap-aim for grizzly's? Cause I can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn with them. Mostly, I use them to run and jump over obstacles like walls.

 

 


The grizzly has auto aim. If you use L1 to aim it won't work, so always use "hip fire" with the grizzly. Against vehicles, you don't need to be precise (except for a hawk when it's flying high), however for troops, you need to be.

 

Message 44 of 132 (121 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
49220 posts
 

Re: Who's Really Good?

Mar 14, 2013

Great vids philly

Great advice orpheus.

 

Looks like I didn't have to post answers, you got them already!   

 

I dont usually do the snap aim at all, I just don't like it.    I'd rather hip fire or ADS.  

 

 

Message 45 of 132 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/08/2008
Offline
8743 posts
 

Re: Who's Really Good?

Mar 14, 2013

Orpheus_Fool wrote:

Dark-Quaker wrote:

Hey Pilgrim,

I have to say that as a n00b, snap aim is actually kind of difficult for me to use while jumping. I die a lot while attempting this.

I am not the best video game player, but I think that when you get really good at this game you should prob outgrow the snap-aim. I bet the really good players are better without using it.

Is there a snap-aim for grizzly's? Cause I can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn with them. Mostly, I use them to run and jump over obstacles like walls.

 

 


The grizzly has auto aim. If you use L1 to aim it won't work, so always use "hip fire" with the grizzly. Against vehicles, you don't need to be precise (except for a hawk when it's flying high), however for troops, you need to be.

 


And if you get the grizz kinda aimed via hip fire, pressing the L1 will snap it in a bit.  

 

Like I said previous though the auto-aim is the stronger of the two for this vehicle.

 

Of course add jumping to the mix, as with all things in shooter games these days.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.


dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 46 of 132 (117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/08/2008
Offline
8743 posts
 

Re: Who's Really Good?

Mar 14, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Great vids philly

Great advice orpheus.

 

Looks like I didn't have to post answers, you got them already!   

 

I dont usually do the snap aim at all, I just don't like it.    I'd rather hip fire or ADS.  

 

 


I feel like I discovered snap aim.  

 

When I posted about not likeing it in beta I was flamed and trolled pretty bad until I proved it, no one came to my defense on the topic.

 

As such I claim ownership and full license to use it as I see fit.

 

The rest of you have to fill out some forms and submit them to me for approval, there is also a submittal and processing fee to consider.

 

So says Phillyblunz!

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.


dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 47 of 132 (115 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/30/2012
Offline
928 posts
 

Re: Who's Really Good?

Mar 14, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

ArVaDa- wrote:

theres bout 20 players who still play that stand out from the rest in terms of skill. Snap locking isn't really an abusive glitch when everyone does it and if you say you don't your lying to yourself. Without snap lock the rifle is almost completely useless. I like it though considering it still takes a degree of skill to get the timing down right and knowing when to use it. Fast lock takes no skill, though i'm guilty of using it because basically everyone uses it on the ground in tough game.

 

Also being good on the ground isn't all about gun skill, its more about out smarting the other player. Fast lock ruins this aspect a little bit because how cheap it is and easy to use. 

 


Fast lock is no more or less cheap than snap aim or A2G nose-drag-flak in my opinion.   

 

How hard is it to "snap your aim" in over and over while jumping? For me its not hard when i've tried it.  I don't use it for the most part.  To me it takes zero skill to snap aim, the game does all the work making it cheap and easy to use.

 

Nothing wrong with it if you are doing it, its in the game, but that doesn't mean I have to like aim assist :smileytongue:.   I find it as bad as doritos and circles on my screen.


Fast Lock takes zero skill. People like Jayreality just stand still in one spot with a rocket locket holding R1 waiting for someone to boost up. And it takes only a split second to lock on.Granted if you see someone standing still you shouldn't boost up in the first place but you would be surprised by how many kills you can get this way. Not to mention the glitch were you shoot a rocket as someone is boosting down it will always hit them. Fast lock is way worse then snap aiming with a kinetic rifle by far. 

 

And Snap locking with the kinetic rifle isn't as easy as you make it out to be. You have to get the timing right and there is a bit of aiming involved especially if you are shooting at someone at a distance or if someone is right in front of you. Most people can get good snap aiming at medium range though. The only thing i think that is unfair about snap aiming is not everyone knows how to do it, or do it right.

 

Not to mention landing accurate shots on someone while you are boosted up in a jetpack. I feel bad for anyone who doesn't use it because you are just making the kinetic rifle completely useless with how fast the spread on it is. 

Message 48 of 132 (111 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/30/2012
Offline
928 posts
 

Re: Who's Really Good?

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

Dark-Quaker wrote:

Hey Pilgrim,

I have to say that as a n00b, snap aim is actually kind of difficult for me to use while jumping. I die a lot while attempting this.

I am not the best video game player, but I think that when you get really good at this game you should prob outgrow the snap-aim. I bet the really good players are better without using it.

Is there a snap-aim for grizzly's? Cause I can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn with them. Mostly, I use them to run and jump over obstacles like walls.

 

 


No if the "good" players didn't use snap aiming then the kinetic rifle would be useless like i said. Two good players going at it in jetpacks aren't going to be standing still long enough for the rifle to be of any use without snap aiming. Without snap aiming the ground game with jetpacks would be a lot like two CAF pilots going at it with sheild and stealth considering how without fast lock you have to land a perfect rocket shot on someone unless they are dumb enough to boost to high and the shotgun is pretty useless to without snap aiming it. Some times you don't need to snap lock the shotgun but most the time the gun is pretty fricking unacurate without snap aim.

Message 49 of 132 (109 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/03/2013
Offline
561 posts
 

Re: Who's Really Good?

Mar 14, 2013

ArVaDa- wrote:

theres bout 20 players who still play that stand out from the rest in terms of skill. Snap locking isn't really an abusive glitch when everyone does it and if you say you don't your lying to yourself. Without snap lock the rifle is almost completely useless. I like it though considering it still takes a degree of skill to get the timing down right and knowing when to use it. Fast lock takes no skill, though i'm guilty of using it because basically everyone uses it on the ground in tough game.

 

Also being good on the ground isn't all about gun skill, its more about out smarting the other player. Fast lock ruins this aspect a little bit because how cheap it is and easy to use. 

 


I was thinking the same. Sure, the game aims for us, but things like nades, sniper, and rockets to a degree require skill, and some other stuff. Jetpacking Rocket/Riflers that hide at the slighest hint of danger don't count. 

Message 50 of 132 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes