Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 25 2013
By: BEN_drowned__ Wastelander 561 posts

Why People like WH over SH?

148 replies 465 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

I said this before, only really good pilots prefer Warhawk. Flight may be better, but the ground game in WH is terrible. They run like their marching, they look cartoonish, and it has more noob aim that Starhawk. I don't know what ground player likes WH better. 

Message 1 of 149 (465 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1288 posts

Re: Why People like WH over SH?

Feb 25, 2013
Agreed, I think you hit the nail on the head. I think the tighter controls and the ability to hover are what won over the pilots.
--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 2 of 149 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Hawks in SH seem easier. In the WH demo, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I never took the time to learn. SH actually feels like a shooting game, while WH feels like a Lost Planet with good controls.
Message 3 of 149 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

Feb 25, 2013

no, Warhawk is better in all aspects. Im not going to go into deep detail right now. but one of the main reasons and this is a big one for me is the addiction factor. Warhawk gave you so much to work for and gave you things to play for. Ribbons after each round for playing well, badges and medals to show off and a very in depth profile all your friends can look at. The ranking system was actually good, and seeing players at high ranks actually meant something. unless they padded that is. With each new rank you unlocked new custom paints and gear for your character. The colorization of it all made you have tons of different looks. Theres just a lot of things and i myself didnt even remember how much better Warhawk is than Starhawk until i started playing again a few weeks ago.

Message 4 of 149 (447 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1043 posts

Feb 25, 2013

I think SH is all around more balanced thatn WH I liked WH but not anything compared to SH I do agree that its probalby more of a pilot preference. Thats just my opinion

Message 5 of 149 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

BlueKnight345 wrote:

I think SH is all around more balanced thatn WH I liked WH but not anything compared to SH I do agree that its probalby more of a pilot preference. Thats just my opinion

If Wh is more of a pilot game, then Sh is more of a grounders game?

Message 6 of 149 (438 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1043 posts

Feb 25, 2013

I jsut think its a more blanced game, I feel like the ground game is better than WH

Message 7 of 149 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Feb 25, 2013
I honestly like both :smileyhappy:
Message 8 of 149 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Feb 25, 2013

BEN_drowned__ wrote:

I said this before, only really good pilots prefer Warhawk. Flight may be better, but the ground game in WH is terrible. They run like their marching, they look cartoonish, and it has more noob aim that Starhawk. I don't know what ground player likes WH better. 

There are plenty. No reason to name names or get into it.

Message 9 of 149 (425 Views)
Wastelander
870 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Thanks for the good post Swift. Remember being a Sargeant/low rank and seeing the General's star above an enemy and thinking; "Crap, better watch out for that guy." There were a ton more youtube vids too. Remember monkeyboi's videos? Dude was annoying, but would make great WH vids with great music and editing. There were many more as well. Heck, I got turned on to some bands I'd never heard of because of WH. The community felt tighter back then too. Maybe it was just the times though? Anyways, I played both games last night and WH is simply more fun (even though I was rusty and did awful, I was rusty in SH too). Of course this is just my opinion, but I know many share it. To me, fun factor is most important and WH wins in this department.

Message 10 of 149 (412 Views)