Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
10 posts

Re: Why People like WH over SH?

Mar 5, 2013
You never played Warhawk when it first came out!

Warhawk used to be dominated by ground in its first few months. No one figure out how to dodge the missle turrets. I remember i would get shot down by flak and missle turrets all the time.

But why is Warhawk > Starhawk
Warhawk was much more fun, and it took a while to master your skills. When I first used the sniper riffle on Archi, me and my friend were laughing so hard. Because it wasnt easy, but at the same time it was funny trying to make those long range hard to see shots.

The maps on Warhawk are legendary. The driving portion of the game took skill. Trying to catch a ride, or even driving across the map. I got lost on Warhawk maps for a while. But it was fun exploring them. Not to mention how many times i drove the flag back to the enemies base. Starhawk is more stupid proof.

Warhawk had a huge community, because so many people were confused about the game. Warhawk forums hit 1 million threads faster than any game. So many arguements over the game and players. If you were good, people recognized you! It took a few years for people to retire from the game. Iam one of the original GI members, and played in GIs first clan match. We murdered the other team bad. Santana is back, is the founder.

Starhawk is an okay game, but for the hardcore, its kinda dumbed down. Auto turrets isnt skill. I got good with flak turrets in Warhawk, and it took a few days to figure out how to take down great pilots with them. Flying is different, the controls arent as tight. But really, Starhawk is dumbed down.

Health regen vs Health bar. The health bar opened up the game more. If you were close to death, you had to move fast and figure things out. Hiding and sneaking around was part of the game, especially when capturing bases.

Ground game. Starhawks ground game is slightly better. Only bad thing about Warhawks ground game was lack of weapons to defend against vet pilots. Especially during base rapes.

Overall i prefer Warhawk over Starhawk. Got Starhawk! Its a little different, but the weapons aids so mamy other things make it less challenging.
Please use plain text.
Message 101 of 149 (239 Views)
PlayStation MVP
47852 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013
A lot of us here posting in this thread right now pre-ordered warhawk Fungus.

Other than that good post.
Please use plain text.
Message 102 of 149 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2176 posts

Mar 5, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

dreamcaster21 wrote:

THE_MANGAAS wrote:

velvet_123_cat wrote:

Flak takes 2 hits (direct to side) in perfect, no dodge conditions. LG takes four. I tested this quite a few times.

I'm pretty sure it takes 3.  Coudl be wrong, but 2 sounds way too easy.

Yeah I have never killed anyone with 2 shots with even my guns going.

I haven't either but I don't doubt Velvet, that guy crushes things when he is in the hawk :smileytongue:

LOL things maybe..Not pilots.

Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f photo Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f-1_zps1e55fc20.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wii bowling : dream 4 Arvada 2 GG Arvada

Wii tennis : dream 3 Stash 1 GG that last shot rite on the line.
Please use plain text.
Message 103 of 149 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Mar 5, 2013

dreamcaster21 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:
I haven't either but I don't doubt Velvet, that guy crushes things when he is in the hawk :smileytongue:

LOL things maybe..Not pilots.

Tee hee. This made me giggle.

Please use plain text.
Message 104 of 149 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Mar 5, 2013
Wh has better drama
Please use plain text.
Message 105 of 149 (206 Views)
PlayStation MVP
47852 posts

Mar 5, 2013

johnjohn69 wrote:
Wh has better drama

In its day maybe but now there is nothing going on over there.  (the online forums i mean)

Please use plain text.
Message 106 of 149 (201 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
934 posts

Mar 5, 2013

It took 6-7 shots of LG to kill a hawk, not 4.

WH is better cause the air game doesn't feel wonky and gimmicky.

SH ground isn't bad, but the auto aim function which auto locks to peoples head's makes it cheap if it auto locked to body shots then it would take mroe skill as there would be far less snap aim abuse.

Pre made cover pick ups and spawn points on all maps for ground troops and even vehicle spawns are better than camping home and spamming what you want. That way you had to go out and fight instead of relying on your Auto Turrets to get you the kill while you camp home base.

WH Drama>SH Drama, hands down.

WH has more genuinely skilled players as opposed to SH at any point in time. (freaking saw MrDurant pull 3-12 in a WH server before ragequitting to prove my point.)

photo 2lucdp0_zps66052a47.png
Please use plain text.
Message 107 of 149 (195 Views)
Gaming Beast
2176 posts

Mar 5, 2013

BellyRanks wrote:

It took 6-7 shots of LG to kill a hawk, not 4.

WH is better cause the air game doesn't feel wonky and gimmicky.

SH ground isn't bad, but the auto aim function which auto locks to peoples head's makes it cheap if it auto locked to body shots then it would take mroe skill as there would be far less snap aim abuse.

Pre made cover pick ups and spawn points on all maps for ground troops and even vehicle spawns are better than camping home and spamming what you want. That way you had to go out and fight instead of relying on your Auto Turrets to get you the kill while you camp home base.

WH Drama>SH Drama, hands down.

WH has more genuinely skilled players as opposed to SH at any point in time. (freaking saw MrDurant pull 3-12 in a WH server before ragequitting to prove my point.)

WarHawk : The plane actually flyes like a hawk.

StarHawk : The plane flyes like a Turtle dove.

LOL@Durant :smileytongue:

Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f photo Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f-1_zps1e55fc20.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wii bowling : dream 4 Arvada 2 GG Arvada

Wii tennis : dream 3 Stash 1 GG that last shot rite on the line.
Please use plain text.
Message 108 of 149 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Mar 5, 2013
someone told me durant glitches or lags. Anyway, that's why the beta was better. Nobody used auto aim. Now, every half decent player uses it. I use it a lot when I have to, but try not to on noobs. Wh is pure snap aim bunny hop action. Btw, I may buy it. Would somebody add me and teach me? Auto turrets suck unless you have a base full. Hawk pilots just A2G and **bleep** people off. Too many glitchers
Please use plain text.
Message 109 of 149 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Mar 6, 2013
Ben add Swift444 hé will help u
Please use plain text.
Message 110 of 149 (160 Views)
0 Likes