Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8507 posts

Re: Why People like WH over SH?

Mar 1, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

BEN_drowned__ wrote:
Hawks in SH seem easier. In the WH demo, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I never took the time to learn. SH actually feels like a shooting game, while WH feels like a Lost Planet with good controls.

Which game has on screen indicators for dogfighting?   Yeah SH flight is easier!

I have never once successfully evaded a missile lock in Warhawk.

Of course I have used Chaff, but mostly I just hugged the terrain and hoped.

Also with Hover I would get inside buildings and under those domes out in the middle of nowhere, that is how I passed the missile training thingy Warhawk has.

I never got why they dont tell you how to dodge in either game?  Or does the Starhawk single player explain the organic dodge?

To me it is the same as snap aim, something you have no way of knowing and it gets used against new players every round until they either figure it out or quit.  This is one of the main flaws for both games IMO.

Admittedly most people who are "good": at either game's flight were taught how to do it by someone else, who likely played the game for 3000hrs to figure it out.

Correct me if I am wrong here.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 81 of 149 (225 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48845 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

BEN_drowned__ wrote:
Hawks in SH seem easier. In the WH demo, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I never took the time to learn. SH actually feels like a shooting game, while WH feels like a Lost Planet with good controls.

Which game has on screen indicators for dogfighting?   Yeah SH flight is easier!

Also with Hover I would get inside buildings and under those domes out in the middle of nowhere, that is how I passed the missile training thingy Warhawk has.

I never got why they dont tell you how to dodge in either game?  Or does the Starhawk single player explain the organic dodge?

To me it is the same as snap aim, something you have no way of knowing and it gets used against new players every round until they either figure it out or quit.  This is one of the main flaws for both games IMO.

Admittedly most people who are "good": at either game's flight were taught how to do it by someone else, who likely played the game for 3000hrs to figure it out.

They did put a training mode for dodging into warhawk in a patch but it didn't have it originally.

Yeah its a "figure it out on your own" type of thing for sure.   I flew NF in warhawk, I never did the spin to win though I did the 270 to win  lol  (i'd almost go upsidedown back and forth and it would break everything for me).  

Message 82 of 149 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8507 posts

Mar 1, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

BEN_drowned__ wrote:

They did put a training mode for dodging into warhawk in a patch but it didn't have it originally.

Yeah its a "figure it out on your own" type of thing for sure.   I flew NF in warhawk, I never did the spin to win though I did the 270 to win  lol  (i'd almost go upsidedown back and forth and it would break everything for me).  

Yeah that is what I called the missile trainer thingy above, LOL.

Only way I could pass it was to hide under those domes in the middle of the map.

Like little umbrellas, brellas, brellas, hey, hey, hey.    (Ill Scarlet, not the bit3h)

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 83 of 149 (199 Views)
Splicer
41 posts

Mar 3, 2013

I like them both equally. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

PSN: DarthPlanet97
 photo StarHawkProp_zps80f9f398.png
Message 84 of 149 (171 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1186 posts

Mar 3, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:
Yeah its a "figure it out on your own" type of thing for sure.

That was "everything" Warhawk at the very beginning. Sink or swim to the Nth degree.

But once you learned to master a few things it was very rewarding.  When they added the training levels I was like, "oh, now you show me how things need to be done". :smileytongue:

Message 85 of 149 (156 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 3, 2013
Starhawks story mode is useless. You really only need to play the first two levels. Everything else is common sense
Message 86 of 149 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6411 posts

Mar 3, 2013
I agree. LBI should have just put in a training mode. They probobly wasted a few months developing props and the environment for the single player. I would have rather had more stuff for the mp.
Message 87 of 149 (138 Views)
Gaming Beast
2176 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 4, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

BEN_drowned__ wrote:

To fly inAdmittedly most people who are "good": at either game's flight were taught how to do it by someone else, who likely played the game for 3000hrs to figure it out.

I agree with you Philly I was taught to fly in WH...In WH missiles work no top pilot is flying around 20min dodging all.

Flying is actually easier when you learn it in WH get on someone but  and shoot homer it hits and they are less spinning in WH.

Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f photo Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f-1_zps1e55fc20.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wii bowling : dream 4 Arvada 2 GG Arvada

Wii tennis : dream 3 Stash 1 GG that last shot rite on the line.
Message 88 of 149 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2176 posts

Mar 4, 2013

Spin all you want your not getting away from the LG it has range. Unlike the flak in SH

Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f photo Dark-Wallpaper-Gothic-Background_zps160a06ac-1_zps1cd2b98f-1_zps1e55fc20.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wii bowling : dream 4 Arvada 2 GG Arvada

Wii tennis : dream 3 Stash 1 GG that last shot rite on the line.
Message 89 of 149 (117 Views)
Fender Bender
4168 posts

Mar 4, 2013

I like it better because I'm used to it I guess, Starhawk is good for what it is, but when you've played Warhawk since 2007 and then SH is supossed to replace it, it has to meet a very high standard, which for me it really didn't, I wouldn't mind trying it again some day, but to me its never going to replace Warhawk.

Message 90 of 149 (96 Views)
0 Likes