Dec 01 2011
By: timuk1 First Son 26 posts

Why are guns so weak? We shoot at each other from such long distances

11 replies 23 views Edited Dec 1, 2011

If you shoot someone with an rpg it should kill them one hit.

The rifle also takes ages to kill someone.

the rifle and the rpg are the only ones I have used and they are so weak!!!

There should be some emphasis on gun on gun play.

Lightbox, if the guns are too weak in the open beta people will be put off buying this game, not all but A LOT(cod fans who play this)

make the rifle a 6 shot kill, not a 20 shot kill.

I understand 6 shot's sounds like pure cod and is just over powered but here's the thing, this isn't cod. In this game you will be shooting someone a mile away and the recoil isn't high for close range but at long range it's almost useless but the low damage is the problem. The crosshairs get so big and you give them so many shot's no kill, know what happens? they run away because they know they can even if they have little hp left.

I get too many assists in this game. Make the rifle and the rpg more powerful because in this game people shoot at each other at much greater distances than cod so increase damage, decreasing recoil won't help because that takes away the aim skill factor which can be practiced.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8187 posts

Re: Why are guns so weak? We shoot at each other from such long distances

Dec 1, 2011

I thought I read they increased assault rifle power from a distance and made it so when you shoot the head it does more damage? Or maybe that was just an episode from Bobby' World that intermingled with my subconscious. No, it was definitely real.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2066 posts

Dec 1, 2011

i was thinking why not remove the weapons all together? instead create a new building which is called Newstand.  When you build it, it creates a small convienience store which sells local newspapers, magazines, and CIGARETTES!!!! Team Deathmatch becomes much more intense when you can only win by convincing opposing players to purchase and smoke the cigarettes over the course of fifty or sixty years and to ultimately die of lung cancer! The winning team becomes the team that creates the best cigarette marketing strategy. Obviously tweak the game so years go by 2 or 3 times real time. GET ON THIS LB!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8187 posts

Dec 1, 2011

AustinM2000 wrote:

i was thinking why not remove the weapons all together? instead create a new building which is called Newstand.  When you build it, it creates a small convienience store which sells local newspapers, magazines, and CIGARETTES!!!! Team Deathmatch becomes much more intense when you can only win by convincing opposing players to purchase and smoke the cigarettes over the course of fifty or sixty years and to ultimately die of lung cancer! The winning team becomes the team that creates the best cigarette marketing strategy. Obviously tweak the game so years go by 2 or 3 times real time. GET ON THIS LB!

This def adds a certain air of replayability that most games seek but rarely meet. Well put.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5461 posts

Dec 1, 2011

Ever play Warhawk? I don't think you did. Your obviously a FPS fan or something, cause your now in a world where its actually harder to win than if its like real life.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1451 posts

Dec 2, 2011

The damage does seem to be a little weaker than the original. Either that or i just have been away for too long to remember. However, it is a beta + if the damage is weak for you, it is weak for everyone else as well. Learn to play the game as it was made.

">
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4232 posts

Dec 2, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/CI3fg.gif

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Dec 2, 2011

Call of Duty: Starhawk

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
999 posts

Dec 2, 2011

I remember a topic about the guns being weak, But some advice, saying anything now will just get you a bunch of people that compare the game to warhawk. Idk about your Cod thing, but yea the weapons need a tiny adjustment, i mean look how long it takes to destroy a supply bunker with a rpg!

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Dec 2, 2011

LazyShady wrote:

I remember a topic about the guns being weak, But some advice, saying anything now will just get you a bunch of people that compare the game to warhawk. Idk about your Cod thing, but yea the weapons need a tiny adjustment, i mean look how long it takes to destroy a supply bunker with a rpg!

Look at how long it takes an RPG to destroy a tank in Warhawk.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (23 Views)
0 Likes