Feb 11 2013
By: KilLerRaYzZ Splicer 56 posts

Why are matches so long?

31 replies 332 views Edited Feb 11, 2013

I am new to this game and I am not sure if this is a blasphemist thing to ask or anything, but why are matches so long?  I often play TDM, but there is never a score limit set and the time limit is usually 30 or 45 minutes.  I like to play full matches and not leave early, but this is extremely long.  It's particularly worse if you don't have a lot of PSN friends and end up on a team that is losing pretty badly.  I'm sure most of you love it this way, but why are there absolutely no servers with score-limit matches?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 32 (332 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7272 posts

Re: Why are matches so long?

Feb 11, 2013
OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU! I AGREE WITH EVERYTHINK YOU JUST SAID! HOW OLD ARE YOU? LETS GET SOME DRINKS AND CHAT!

lets be friends......

Lol seriously, i hate it soo much. I dont play Starhawk often because of this. And to make it worst, it is always the same map: Basin Groundpounder.

I could do a match that long, but not if it is Basin or their arent any hawks(i need hawks for long rounds).

But if you want a good mixed room, Check out this room for Wednesday nights

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Starhawk-General/Starhawk-Wednesday-Community-Event-and-Weekl...

And comeback ever so often people post servers here on what they have up. And if you want some people to play with, ckeck out here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Starhawk-General/What-Server-Are-You-In-Locate-Your-Friends/m...
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 32 (328 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
865 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Most people here agree with you, short matches are way better (usually). I feel the longer matches started after the influx of new players after the holidays (and also the addition of longer games around the time).

Like what Southern_Dude said, check out the matches that are organized here on the forums, they're a lot more palatable. Also, try creating your own games every now and then as well.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 32 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Thanks I'll check those out.  But it also feels like this game's population is low, sadly.  I hate browsing servers and seeing that there's only 2 or 3 matches that are almost full.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 32 (317 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
880 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 32 (315 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 11, 2013
^smiled
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 32 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7272 posts

Feb 11, 2013
The population is low. But is growing. Slowly....
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 32 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7441 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Matches are long and usually held by higher ranking players. Why? so they can get some buddies so sign on to their room and then noobies see a room active and battling and join.  

Then higher players maintain good stats. Simple.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 32 (286 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46760 posts

Feb 11, 2013

KilLerRaYzZ wrote:

I am new to this game and I am not sure if this is a blasphemist thing to ask or anything, but why are matches so long?  I often play TDM, but there is never a score limit set and the time limit is usually 30 or 45 minutes.  I like to play full matches and not leave early, but this is extremely long.  It's particularly worse if you don't have a lot of PSN friends and end up on a team that is losing pretty badly.  I'm sure most of you love it this way, but why are there absolutely no servers with score-limit matches?

You are speaking my language.  The ONLY time I set a game to be longer than 20 minutes is for zones and I set the score limit to 2500.  Typically a super duper close zones game (say both teams hit 2400 points) will last 22-23 minutes max.   Usually we are @ the score limit around 15-20 min.

I never make my games longer than 20, its just too long.    

Anytime you see the PSForums (or PSForum if its not on wednesday night) you can be fairly confident the games will end by score, not time.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 32 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Feb 11, 2013
I love 20 minute matches!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 32 (255 Views)
0 Likes