Feb 28 2013
By: CyborgHippo Uncharted Territory 1577 posts

Will Starhawk be worth my time?

42 replies 331 views Edited Feb 28, 2013

I'll start off with that I'm not a major shooter fans however I do enjoy shooter games like BF3,I tried demo for Killzone and I loved it,and I also enjoyed Bioshock if that counts.

I'm currently looking for a game that will keep me entertained for a good amount of time and I read that there's character customization in this game and trust me,I transform into a girl when it goes to customizing. Now the thing that makes me on the edge of buying shooters now is because of Brink,the wrost shooter game I've ever played.

So I appreciate if people tell me some reviews,and also if the community here is good.
I'm a huge forumer,I seriously wanna achieve that 18,000 post thing like other people on these forums. I've reached at max 7000 forum posts from all posts I made on all the forums I've gone on together. (5000 on one forum,estimating around 2000 separetly from different forums)

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 43 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Re: Will Starhawk be worth my time?

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

Well I've played the game for 300 hours and I am not in the slightest bit tired of it so it CAN be worth your time...

I will say though, that if you're the kind of gamer who dives into a game and expects to do moderately well, this is not the game for you. You will get absolutely decimated (this is the kind of game where it's perfectly possible to go over 100 kills without dying, especially in a hawk. My personal best was 117-8 in lightweight-no hawks) at least a few times, and if this sounds like something that will turn you off, don't get the game because it will happen. 

The real fun in this game comes from strategy, teamwork, and improving your skill and reaping the rewards from it. The game does not babysit you in any way. The better players win. Also the game is very deep IMO in that every strategy has a counter strategy etc especially when you start playing clan battles and organising skills, how to get buildings and vehicles up quickly etc. 

Another thing since you mention you love 'shooters', this game is fairly vehicle dominant and the shooting mechanics are fairly simple. 

If you want to see what the game plays out like at a high level watch the clan battles on this channel http://www.youtube.com/user/davenicolson

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 43 (323 Views)
Wastelander
603 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Yea get it. Great game and a lot of fun. <- sums it up ^_^
Free month of gamefly! - http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/1zh1fl

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 43 (321 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Triazic wrote:

Well I've played the game for 300 hours and I am not in the slightest bit tired of it so it CAN be worth your time...

I will say though, that if you're the kind of gamer who dives into a game and expects to do moderately well, this is not the game for you. You will get absolutely decimated (this is the kind of game where it's perfectly possible to go over 100 kills without dying, especially in a hawk. My personal best was 117-8 in lightweight-no hawks) at least a few times, and if this sounds like something that will turn you off, don't get the game because it will happen. 

The real fun in this game comes from strategy, teamwork, and improving your skill and reaping the rewards from it. The game does not babysit you in any way. The better players win. Also the game is very deep IMO in that every strategy has a counter strategy etc especially when you start playing clan battles and organising skills, how to get buildings and vehicles up quickly etc. 

Another thing since you mention you love 'shooters', this game is fairly vehicle dominant and the shooting mechanics are fairly simple. 

If you want to see what the game plays out like at a high level watch the clan battles on this channel http://www.youtube.com/user/davenicolson

Definitely helped me out a lot on deciding to get this game. I actually love teamwork unlike CoD where teamwork will just get you kill. I don't mind if it's possible to get 100 kills honestly,and I'm a big team player and I like simple games,I can't play fighting games like UMvC3 or Street Fighters in such so I just play Persona 4 Arena a fairly simple fighting game.

I'm still debating though I just need a slight more convincing.

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 43 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1313 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Just buy it.
Twice.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 43 (308 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Considering I can now safely say that this game is my favourite game of all time, I should think it is certainly worth your time :smileyhappy:

As I say, just be aware that you will need to put in a bit of time to learn all the nuances and strategy of each vehicle, loadout, and game mode. For example a noob in a jetpack will fly however they want and they will get crushed by rockets. A good player in a jetpack will be very careful about when they get off the ground and for how long to avoid missile locks. A noob in a hawk will get killed by everything. A good player in a hawk will get killed by pretty much nothing other than other good players in hawks. A noob will attack the flag carrier in CTF. A good player will destroy the vehicle they intend to escape in.

All that sorta stuff. Also raw 'skills' like rifle aim and dodging missiles in whichever flight mode you choose.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 43 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7431 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

Teamwork is essential in this game.... but don't expect to get any just joining random servers.  Find some cool people you like to play with ( a clan if you find it necessary ).  Rare are the random games you can pop in and expect to get a helping hand.

*EDIT Oh yeah. Get the game I love it. It can be a whole lot of fun.... it can also crush your e-ego in the beginning.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 43 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1043 posts

Feb 28, 2013

I have recently been sidelined with an injury and got more time to play games, at the beginning of Feb I got this game and since then I beat the single player and have already logged around 50 to 55 hrs online. So this game can Def be worth your time.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 43 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7271 posts

Feb 28, 2013
GET IT AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO TOO!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 43 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Feb 28, 2013
This game is awesome, and you should AT LEAST try it! You will probobly get owned at first, but don't let that discorage you. BUY IT!! Its cheap and fun!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 43 (279 Views)
0 Likes