Oct 24 2012
By: Arron_Rift Uncharted Territory 1176 posts

Would transports even be fun in Starhawk?

8 replies 269 views Edited Oct 24, 2012

Hey guys,

I was thinking about, with LBI dumping Starhawk and all, how we will probably never see the addition of those transports that many people were wanting. But I was thinking about it and wondering:

Would air and/or ground troop transports even be very fun with Starhawk?

My thoughts: (feel free to skip)

Now I admit that I never played Warhawk other than the demo (it was before my time), but I think we can all agree that Warhawk and Starhawk are fairly different games. Warhawk seemed more focused on capturing objectives and gaining land, which made vehicles capable of flooding objectives with 6 troops very helpful.

However in Starhawk, if we want to flood a point we just drop some spawn beacons or use "squad leader". Additionally, vehicles are much more readily available in Starhawk than Warhawk, and so an organized team could easily just have a group of 6 people attack a point on 6 individual sidewinders instead of in 1 troop transport, perhaps even with greater effect. As far as encouraging teamwork goes, I think it may be more effective to simply encourage individuals to clump together and move as a group (somehow...)

These are just my thoughts on the issue, though I'm still not sure. What are your thoughts?

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2548 posts

Re: Would transports even be fun in Starhawk?

Oct 24, 2012

you make a fair point but if you could launch pods out of a dropship you could be able to include firepower and poding in.

ps you should play warhawk some more its awesome

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Oct 24, 2012

I don't even think the dropship/transport in Warhawk was that much "fun".  It was mildly useful in a handful of situations, but it really required a team effort and was too slow to be "fun" for the pilot.  So, I don't think it would be "fun" in Starhawk either.

I always just imagine that the dropships already exist in Starhawk.  It's what we spawn in from anyhow.  I figure that the outposts serve as a beacon (hey, they call them that) that maps the surrounding terrain and sends a signal up to the dropship saying, "it's cool to deploy here."

photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Oct 24, 2012

republic gunship baby!!! no I thought about this too.  But, I think overall it would be to slow

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (223 Views)
Wastelander
870 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Unfortunately we'll never know.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3070 posts

Nov 14, 2012

This is not very old :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (144 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Nov 15, 2012

I would have loved them!!!! It would have been amazing, the dropship was lame in some ways, but it took out tanks adn you could win the CTF games in seconds with them. THe problem was the other players were stuck inside with lame missles (like the starhawk missles). The dropship destroyed jeeps and tanks in seconds and could scare off hawks. As for the APC, it was amazing, it kept the battles going and reduced hawks hover attacks. Nothing more fun that rpg with apc and shield, hawks run the second they take one hit.

Welcome to Craibwoud

LBP2: U.S.S. OK
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Nov 15, 2012
If they made a dropship, they should make it so it has weak guns but stong armor.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (119 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
45157 posts

Nov 15, 2012

I think the APC would be cool in this game but the dropship probably wouldn't be very useful considering everything in the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (104 Views)
0 Likes