Jul 16 2011
By: Shapeless Hekseville Citizen 300 posts

Your Thoughts on Base Building

13 replies 34 views Edited Jul 16, 2011

Pros, cons, concerns, dreams about base building and the game. Let's hear them. For an interesting perspective check out the article:http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1173973p1.html by JWeezyL.

Pro: customization is always a +

Con: Nubs wasting resources leading to pwnage. I can see some grieving here.

Concerns: Cooldowns and if SM provides free mics. No communication in this game will kill it.

Dreams: I have no dreams for base building but I hope to see: open beta for all, better advertisment campaign than Warhawks, return of the original Warhawk epic clans, SM tournaments implemented immediately - Starhawk should use this idea in advertisements.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2277 posts

Re: Your Thoughts on Base Building

Jul 16, 2011

I like that the battle should become even more flexible and fluid. It also means you don't get an advantage just because you memorized where some pickup is. Since every game will play differently, your decision-making will matter more and your memorization less. I like this because the games will feel more varied more often.

Newbies wasting resources...yes. Then again, they could choose to sit in a turret at home in WH, accomplish little, also leading to pwnage. Just a new way to make a bad choice now. I guess the more right choices you have to make, the more wrong ones you'll make until you learn better.  At least the solo game should train people a bit.

The Warhawk wiki is here
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Jul 16, 2011

ON warhawk I protected myself inside undestructables bunkers from the base rapists!

On Starhawk the buildings looks like they can be destroyed easilly!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Jul 20, 2011

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.  You think a green pea wasting resources now (throwing down land mines in obvious areas and wasting the binocs) is a problem?  Wait till they start throwing down walls and buildings in ridiculous places.

Hoooo boy.

Other than that?  I'm eager to see how BB works.  Every game in WH is different now, every server has a different attitude and feel, and it various host to host and who's playing.  The tactics in Host ABC's AA map may not work in Host XYZ's AA map, etc, but SH seems to offer even more things to keep the games interesting. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2277 posts

Jul 20, 2011

batenswytch wrote:

Wait till they start throwing down walls and buildings in ridiculous places.

SH will offer new possibilities...for making art! Doing a Christo on the map!

The Warhawk wiki is here
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
46866 posts

Jul 23, 2011

Honestly im not sure how its going to work but if we have limited resources as a team for a game i could see some people who aren't good at placing things hurting the experience of the rest.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Jul 31, 2011

im gonna build a square of walls around me and put laser turrets on em so i'll NEVAR DIE!!!

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Aug 3, 2011

I think this will eliminate base rapes entirely.  After you have no cover what is the point of playing?  Unless of course...if there is a sheild generator that you can construct to build up your forces.

S!C Killers
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Aug 3, 2011

I have to disagree, having thought long and hard about this.

IF your team does not use team work and common sense, you're going to have n 0o bs throwing down useless structures all over the place, and from what we've been told, each team has a set limit of structures they can build at one time. 

IF your team fluffs off its limit on useless structures, and the other team spends its structure limit wisely and strategically, you're going to get slaughtered or pinned to homebase, hiding under that bubble shield, which btw, takes the most Rift Energy of any structure to buy.  They do not come cheap.

I understand the devs are working on a solution to this though, so until we see how it all shakes out, we're just going to have to go on faith that they are aware this could cause catastrophic base rapes and are way, way ahead of us in perfecting the system. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Aug 9, 2011

Let's wait for the beta and test our theories out.

More than meets the eye.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes