Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 10 2012
By: EvilChamp Hekseville Citizen 254 posts

Zones = Ugly Stepchild of LBI

13 replies 198 views Edited Aug 10, 2012

We got new maps, awesome tweaks like changing your skills by simply pushing triangle and even an eject button while using vulture. AWESOME. 

But *nothing* for zones. Nada. Zilch. Zones is not fine the way it is. I was seriously expecting to see something done with zones when reading the massive update put out by LBI. Nobody cares about it I guess. 

Excuse me while I beat my ugly stepchild, Zones. 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Starhawk-General/My-Beef-With-Zones/m-p/37465827/highlight/tr...

"Best fun you'll ever have for $8. Next!" - What my drill sergeant said after I threw my first grenade.
Message 1 of 14 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Re: Zones = Ugly Stepchild of LBI

Aug 10, 2012

THAT IS NOT TRUE.

They actually made Zones worse by adding a better pod.

You're welcome.

Message 2 of 14 (193 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48845 posts

Aug 10, 2012

EvilChamp wrote:

We got new maps, awesome tweaks like changing your skills by simply pushing triangle and even an eject button while using vulture. AWESOME. 

But *nothing* for zones. Nada. Zilch. Zones is not fine the way it is. I was seriously expecting to see something done with zones when reading the massive update put out by LBI. Nobody cares about it I guess. 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Starhawk-General/My-Beef-With-Zones/m-p/37465827/highlight/tr...

I like zones the way it is but wouldn't mind seeing that XP reward for each level brought up/down implimented :smileywink:.

Message 3 of 14 (179 Views)
Wastelander
575 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Yeah, that POD drop is going to be a real deal breaker.  Look out OX tanks. :smileyvery-happy:

Bilsebob photo Fallout_zps06947524.jpg
Message 4 of 14 (174 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48845 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Bilsebob wrote:

Yeah, that POD drop is going to be a real deal breaker.  Look out OX tanks. :smileyvery-happy:

It will make zones more fun for me personally but then again I think its hillarious when someone pod drops me :smileyvery-happy:

Message 5 of 14 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Aug 10, 2012

EvilChamp wrote:

There isnt anything wrong with zones.now when it comes to adding in capturable bases for CTF/TDM,then we can talk.also that Cypress map looks sick!!!Hopefully LBI Follows this style of map for all future dlc maps.Not the jungle theme but all the cover and corridors for ground troops.

Message 6 of 14 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

Aug 10, 2012

Detroitmademe wrote:

EvilChamp wrote:

There isnt anything wrong with zones.now when it comes to adding in capturable bases for CTF/TDM,then we can talk.also that Cypress map looks sick!!!Hopefully LBI Follows this style of map for all future dlc maps.Not the jungle theme but all the cover and corridors for ground troops.

The cypress map does indeed look sick - but read this post if you haven't it was ranked top kudos post for a long time on this site, mainly because it made so much sense: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Starhawk-General/My-Beef-With-Zones/m-p/37465827/highlight/tr...

I hate to be that guy that b****hes about getting a nice present (thank you LBI) but *nothing* on zones? Really? Not even awarding people for bringing down a lvl 3 zone to lvl 1? That is a game changer! 

"Best fun you'll ever have for $8. Next!" - What my drill sergeant said after I threw my first grenade.
Message 7 of 14 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Aug 10, 2012

We still don't know all that will be included in the next patch, as it will apparently be a large patch as well. They might have something for Zones. Although Zones is one of the game modes there's not much complained about in the forums, it just kind of sits off on the sidelines watching other things get argued over, minding its own business. What changes do people want to see in Zones (besides the 2500 point matches, that's all I really see mentioned)

Message 8 of 14 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Aug 10, 2012
Sweet jesus t!ts Are you people ever happy with anything, seriously!
MarsBarMan
Message 9 of 14 (138 Views)
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Aug 10, 2012

i agree that u should get  a little extra for capturing a level 3 base but i also understand y LBI doesnt just throw points at u for every little thing u do.i dont think u should recieve points for building ur zone to a level 3,also theres enough incentive to capture zones imo because if you dont you'll lose.theres not alot of incentive to capture the flag in CTF, but if you dont you'll lose.thats a good enough reason for me.also in ur msg u mentioned that u had 10 caps but wasnt ontop of the scoreboard while the guy who had the most kills was.dont forget that destroying enemy structures is just as vital as capping zones.thats probably the reason he was on top.remember the name of the game is build to kill,kill to build.

Message 10 of 14 (134 Views)
0 Likes