Aug 11 2011
By: dulun18 Big Daddy 18491 posts

graphic for starhawk is a joke right?? (from the trailer)

9 replies 44 views Edited Aug 11, 2011

just downloaded the trailer from PSN (the more recent one  8/10/2011)  .. and um..

i'm pretty sure i downloaded the 1080 one (191MB in size..)  yet.. why does the graphic of the game in the video looked stretch out??

it's like playing a ps2 on the ps3 on a 1080p hdtv....

is it the same for everyone else??

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7319 posts

Re: graphic for starhawk is a joke right?? (from the trailer)

Aug 11, 2011

The graphics of Starhawk definitely do not compete with those of Killzone 3 or Gran Turismo 5, but that is because Starhawk is currently in the latter-half stage of Alpha; this means that the game is not ready to have its graphics polished up - the graphics-polishing will occur during the latter-half of the Beta stage. Not to mention, LightBox Interactive has obviously decided to go with the same artistic style as Warhawk, which had slightly cartoonish graphics.

In the end, graphics are not always everything. I mean, look at Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas: the game had pretty bad graphics, even for the bad-graphic days of the PS2, but Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was still a fantastic game to play and even considered to be the best Grand Theft Auto game to date.

soco signature

bhd clan site
mvp terms
forum rules
Message 2 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18491 posts

Aug 12, 2011

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:

The graphics of Starhawk definitely do not compete with those of Killzone 3 or Gran Turismo 5, but that is because Starhawk is currently in the latter-half stage of Alpha; this means that the game is not ready to have its graphics polished up - the graphics-polishing will occur during the latter-half of the Beta stage. Not to mention, LightBox Interactive has obviously decided to go with the same artistic style as Warhawk, which had slightly cartoonish graphics.

In the end, graphics are not always everything. I mean, look at Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas: the game had pretty bad graphics, even for the bad-graphic days of the PS2, but Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was still a fantastic game to play and even considered to be the best Grand Theft Auto game to date.

no offense.. but graphic is not important.. then i would say we will still be in the 8 bit era..

games will always improve after some developers released games that set a higher bar of standard.. etc...

that's how i like it..

maybe it's just me.. but graphic is not important is kind of an under statement for me..

since there are games that were pretty popular on the psone, ps2.. that i haven't play.. but eh.. once i get used to the ps3 graphic.. i found it's hard to go back..

it's like jumping from dial up to high speed.. or riding bicycle to cars...   there's no going back... for me that is..

Message 3 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1181 posts

Aug 12, 2011

dulun18 wrote:

no offense.. but graphic is not important.. then i would say we will still be in the 8 bit era..

games will always improve after some developers released games that set a higher bar of standard.. etc...

that's how i like it..

maybe it's just me.. but graphic is not important is kind of an under statement for me..

since there are games that were pretty popular on the psone, ps2.. that i haven't play.. but eh.. once i get used to the ps3 graphic.. i found it's hard to go back..

it's like jumping from dial up to high speed.. or riding bicycle to cars...   there's no going back... for me that is..

Well if you need the best graphics to enjoy a game then I feel sorry for you.

Woolley
Message 4 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18491 posts

Aug 13, 2011

WO_oLL3Y wrote:

Well if you need the best graphics to enjoy a game then I feel sorry for you.

---- Woolley

LOL   don't be

that's why we have people who own PS3, 360 and PC.. instead of picking the Wii..

but if about sorrying.. guess i feel the same....  playing PSone games on a PS3??....   

you can play psone games on the psp..   so why turn on a 250W behemot just to play games that even your psp can play?

it's like dial up in the High speed internet era  to me

but eh.. to each his own i guess

so don't feel sorry ....  but be understandable  is a start

*just a note.... notice quite a few HD REMAKE  of PS2 games recent??  wonder why?? 

Message 5 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13631 posts

Aug 13, 2011

dulun18 wrote:

*just a note.... notice quite a few HD REMAKE  of PS2 games recent??  wonder why?? 

Because there's people like me who never had a PS2 nor a B/C PS3 who want to play some great games?

Looking forward to the Ico Collection coming out soon...and the MGS collection...played and platted GoW Collection already.

Message 6 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3370 posts

Aug 14, 2011

I really do not care if the graphics are the same or better that the other games. I would rather have great game play than graphics any day. Warhawks graphics were not so great, but their game play is the best out there. Starhawks graphics are comic like and looks like an art piece, not a game. I think that is great and new.

Message 7 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Aug 14, 2011

The graphics for Warhawk wasn't bad.... they were cartoonish. The buildings and other solid structures were very detailed. It was the terrain that wasn't that detailed. It was wasn't, it was good but not great. I don't really care about graphics as long as the game is great, a blast to play and worth it. Unless the graphics are bad and unpolished, I don't mind. Many great games didn't have exceptional graphics.

Starhawk might not have exceptional graphics like the upcoming Battlefield 3 or something like Killzone or other graphics intensive games because a majority of the PS3's system power is used to support the huge multiplayer functionality and the Real time mechanics. That might be the reason but I have trust in Lightbox and the development team. They don't release games unless it's really polished and great to play.

More than meets the eye.
Message 8 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Aug 14, 2011

gameboy0895 wrote:

The graphics for Warhawk wasn't bad.... they were cartoonish. The buildings and other solid structures were very detailed.

Cartoony yet detailed. One of the things I liked about Warhawk, gave it a different style yet easy to look at.

Message 9 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2277 posts

Aug 15, 2011

As much as I enjoy eye candy, I'd be fine if SH looked just like WH, if that's what was needed to give us the awesome gameplay. Plus, I'd rather see graphics sacrificed to give us more features. More vehicles, more maps, more game modes, more options, video recording, etc.

The Warhawk wiki is here
Message 10 of 10 (44 Views)
0 Likes