Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
536 posts

Re: if you could add to SH, what would you Add?

Dec 23, 2012

Here are a couple of common suggestions I heard and I agree with. Old Warhawk maps, drop-ship, APC, snow maps ( I mean WICKED snow, poor visibility, wind, sliding), complete custom map builds and server options.

My ideas...

BnB attack drones.

Anti-air homing missile turrets like Warhawk. I really miss them, it was a big balance item on hawking abuse.

Trooper Airstrike.

I would also like to see custom vehicle add-ons...... IE. add a rocket launcher pod, add a force field, add an auto turret, add a bladed auger, add a heavy cannon,  add rocket boosters, add physical armor.

Starhawk hover mode.

An ignition lock on my vehicles so the enemy can't use my stuff when I exit or a vehicle jacking move if the vehicle is going to be unsecure so I can snatch out drivers

Life meters for troops and vehicles ( if I am missing this, please clue me in)

A way to turn the avatars "here I am" triangle off , maybe when they crouch or only have a revolver or something.

A brand new heavy-mech. I crave more mechs. I really want all the vehicles to turn into mechs that would be a dream.

A microphone on every PS remote so everyone can communicate since it is a team play game. sorry for the cheap-shot but play this game with a headset, it is a whole new experience, Maybe their should be headset only servers.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the game as it stands. I wish more people played.

Message 41 of 99 (193 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1189 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

Dark-Quaker wrote:

Here are a couple of common suggestions I heard and I agree with. Old Warhawk maps, drop-ship, APC, snow maps ( I mean WICKED snow, poor visibility, wind, sliding), (don't forget some darker maps) complete custom map builds and server options. (Yes, more customizable loadouts choices and server rules for games)

My ideas...

BnB attack drones. Yes, this would be a far better training tool than the story mode and help get small player count games more interesting till more joined.

Anti-air homing missile turrets like Warhawk. I really miss them, it was a big balance item on hawking abuse.

Trooper Airstrike. Yes, I was deadly in these. I wouldn't camp in them but watch the sky and map and jump in with just enough time for a lock.  

I would also like to see custom vehicle add-ons...... IE. add a rocket launcher pod, add a force field, add an auto turret, add a bladed auger, add a heavy cannon,  add rocket boosters, add physical armor. There was supposed to be such add-ons but we lost LBI before they could be added.

Starhawk hover mode. Sorry, no. Hawks have enough advantages in this game already. Plus, the craft's design doesn't make any sense for a hover mode. Aren't jetpacks annoying enough?

An ignition lock on my vehicles so the enemy can't use my stuff when I exit or a vehicle jacking move if the vehicle is going to be unsecured so I can snatch out drivers. Cool idea, nothing worse than using a Hawk to grab the flag and then have said Hawk kill you on the way out. I now mine my own Hawk when landing in enemy bases. Love the mine kill nearly every time I'm heading out with their flag. :smileyvery-happy:

Life meters for troops and vehicles ( if I am missing this, please clue me in) Not a big deal for me but many have asked for it since the beta and being able to turn things like this on or off would have been a fair balance.

A way to turn the avatars "here I am" triangle off , maybe when they crouch or only have a revolver or something. Agree, the lack of stealth other than with a "skill" is stupid. Maybe if you are just packing the revolver since there's no "knife only" choice (like Warhawk). Crouch too would work. Why not both.

A brand new heavy-mech. I crave more mechs. I really want all the vehicles to turn into mechs that would be a dream. We all like new stuff as long as it's balanced.

A microphone on every PS remote so everyone can communicate since it is a team play game. sorry for the cheap-shot but play this game with a headset, it is a whole new experience, Maybe their should be headset only servers. PS3 users just don't use headsets, even when included in the game much. One of the reasons I like the PS3 over the Other-Box because generally us PS3 users are less social and don't need to be constantly trash talking each other in every game. But I'll agree Starhawk is better when teams communicate. But too often only people with nothing really to say talk the whole game and force everyone else to rush to the mute button. 

More of everything sums it up and mainly more "player's choice" stuff. Couldn't agree more with most of your list.

Too bad many of us here have been asking for all that for a year now since the beta started. :smileysad: 

Message 42 of 99 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 24, 2012
I would like to address that some of these are a bit redundant. The stealth skill actually works, but besides that, when you crouch you are also off the radar. Just as well, hidden under layers or behind rocks also hide you from the radar most times.

this is me helping
Message 43 of 99 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 24, 2012
Addendum, life meters have been added to structures. The person and game have other indicators though. And I know when my limits are.

this is me helping
Message 44 of 99 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
536 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect the game format to change but it's nice to put game suggestions out there.

I have played some games on PS3 where people are very social. DC universe and Red Dead Redemption are good examples. And I have met some nice people on SH. Of course I have been guilty of being over-social. What can I say? I play into the wee hours and sometimes I get loopy from the lateness. Trash talking will always exist, it is unfortunate but it is also kind of comical when it doesn't go overboard. At my age I am impervious to any words I hear but I feel bad for the younger audience. Headsets should be about team work, so much more can be accomplished. I don't like "All talk".

Anyway, I was drawn to this game because I was a huge WH fan who found that game very late in it's career. I was always a big fan of mech stuff like Robotech, Voltron and Tranzor Z to name a few.

I would really like to see a GREAT mech game. While Starhawk is not that game it is still very satisfying.

Message 45 of 99 (164 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6541 posts

Dec 24, 2012
They should just take some things out of warhawk and add new textures and put it in starhawk!!!!! SMS should do this with maps and vehicles!

But they won't.
Message 46 of 99 (153 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8545 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

Dark-Quaker wrote:

I would really like to see a GREAT mech game. While Starhawk is not that game it is still very satisfying. 

There was a series of great mech games back in the mid-to-late 90s called MechWarrior.  The Mechs in MechWarrior were just mechs (not capable of transforming into other vehicles), but the games were simply awesome, especially 2, 3 and 4 when online multiplayer was added.

Doing some research writing this post, I came across MechWarrior Online, which is an officially licensed online MechWarrior game currently under development (and in open beta) on the PC platform.  Looks promising, but since I'm on a Mac, it's likely that I won't be able to check it out.  Sadly, it probably won't make it to the PS3, either.

Message 47 of 99 (145 Views)
Pistol Proficinado
590 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

BBurgSteve wrote:

Dark-Quaker wrote:

There was a series of great mech games back in the mid-to-late 90s called MechWarrior.  The Mechs in MechWarrior were just mechs (not capable of transforming into other vehicles), but the games were simply awesome, especially 2, 3 and 4 when online multiplayer was added.

Doing some research writing this post, I came across MechWarrior Online, which is an officially licensed online MechWarrior game currently under development (and in open beta) on the PC platform.  Looks promising, but since I'm on a Mac, it's likely that I won't be able to check it out.  Sadly, it probably won't make it to the PS3, either.

The Mechwarriors games were fun! I only had Mechwarrior 2 and mercenaries though.

Those games really gave you the impression of piloting a bipedal tank. Mercenaries was the better of the 2 I played, since when you blew up a mech's leg, it would fall. And you could shoot the cockpit (located in the head) and salavage the mech afterwards. I'm glad the franchise (comming from the Battletech franchise) is making a gaming comeback, though I also won't be able to play it (I don't want to waste HD with bootcamp).

This generation the only true mech games we have (HD port of ZoE excluded) is the Armored Core series. AC V was ok as a single player game (with the costomisations you can create a mech to fit your strategy), unfortunately the online wasn't properly implemented. AC V was the mech game I wanted to love, but only ended up liking it.

We need more mechs!!

@Dark-Quaker: If you understand Japanese, I suggest you import 2nd Super Robot Wars OG. It's a SRPG and the mechs in the SRWOG series are just amazing.

Message 48 of 99 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 24, 2012
SRPG? I never heard that term. What's the 's' stand for?

this is me helping
Message 49 of 99 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6541 posts

Dec 24, 2012
I want to add c4 into starhawk. That would be awesome!!!!!!!

It would be cool to throw it at a hawk. Then you could watch it explode on your command.
Message 50 of 99 (118 Views)
0 Likes