Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Re: possibility of a starhawk dlc/ warhawk 2 kickstarter?

Apr 4, 2013
I do not want a no hawk game....that would be terrible
Message 31 of 44 (146 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1282 posts

Apr 5, 2013
I'd give them$100

Sweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet KittySweet Kitty

Emmett kitty is hungry.
Message 32 of 44 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10349 posts

Apr 5, 2013

CrazEkid360 wrote:

I've really contemplated over the years how they could improve upon Warhawk in it's successor. I really have not come up with much. Better graphics is obviously a must. Though it should largely retain the same art style. Fixed flight mode.-maybe force pro-flight for all. WH dlc is included. Allow all three DLC to be played in one game. New customization. Retain sticky targeting system. Some new modes should definitely be included. Definiitely keep the highish time-to-kill and of course keep equipable knife. Anything you do to differentiate yourself from COD/BF is a plus.

Essentially, a direct sequel to WH. New maps, maybe a bump in player count. WH has a big following. The game sold 1million+ just on disk. Probably sold over twice that if you include downloadable version. Factoring in DLC, the game was very profitable for Sony. WH2 would generate so much hype for PS4. 

Some good ideas, but stickey aim is what you do if you cant make the gun play work.

COD has extreme autoaim, stcikey aim makes them similar, like you said do what COD doesnt, and so IMO stickey aim has to go, its like COD autoaim but even stronger.  Why cant i aim my own gun in a shooter?

That would be some good DLC for Warhawk.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 33 of 44 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10349 posts

Apr 5, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Incendio_Wolf wrote:

Incendiohawk  Smiley Tongue

Battlehawk? Nah...

WarStarWolf!  A combination of the best ground aspects of SH and WH without any hawks in it, all ground vehicles Smiley Tongue

That would be ok if LBI was in charge, if any more competent studio was doing it I would prefer to keep the hawks but make them equal to or lesser then some of the ground vehicles.

Like the ideas before about splitting the hawk into several versions fighter,bomber, etc.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 34 of 44 (131 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
51054 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Incendio_Wolf wrote:

Incendiohawk  Smiley Tongue

Battlehawk? Nah...

WarStarWolf!  A combination of the best ground aspects of SH and WH without any hawks in it, all ground vehicles Smiley Tongue

That would be ok if LBI was in charge, if any more competent studio was doing it I would prefer to keep the hawks but make them equal to or lesser then some of the ground vehicles.

Like the ideas before about splitting the hawk into several versions fighter,bomber, etc.

That is fine too as long as one vehicle isn't ridiculously op compared to the rest Smiley Wink

Message 35 of 44 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Apr 6, 2013
^ stop doing that Smiley Sad
what if the game went semi free to play? I know unchaerted 3's switch to an F2P model was a huge success both finacially and for the growth of the player base. allowing players access to all maps up to level 10 or 20 on only say, zones mode (it shows off the gameplay nicely I think) for free would definately increase the player pool, then charging a few pounds for each additional mode (including co-op) or to increase the level cap, or maybe to unlock certain BnB features could bring in a sizable income as the gameplay sells itself.
on the topic of a warhawk 2, I think after starhawk it really needs BnB, it's like the one unique feature the series has. maybe a BnB v2 would work, with a more modular design to each piece, for instance, square bunkers allow walls to easily attach to each side, can be stacked or have otherthings stacked on top of them (like sniper towers or turrets) and if say two were placed next to one another then they could join to form one larger bunker. that small change opens up huge new possibilities for fortress building in game and other similar changes would go along way. add an increased building/player cap and make a few alterations to the available vehicles (a weak, fast hawk that can go between hover and flight and a slow strong hawk that can go between mech and flight for instance) and maybe a better co-op mode and the game will be absolutely the best multiplayer out there. no need for single player this time though please. just give the co-op mode like a cutscene featuring your dude or something. and a free play survival mode... that'd be great
Message 36 of 44 (104 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6552 posts

Apr 6, 2013
^genius
Message 37 of 44 (91 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1023 posts

Apr 7, 2013

I'd give money to a HAWK kickstarter, but who would be developing in this fantasy idea ?

Message 38 of 44 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6552 posts

Apr 7, 2013
I would defiantly want some people who worked on starhawk or warhawk to make the next hawk.

I think it would be a great idea for a bunch of hawk fans to work on making the next game. The fans know the games and what they like about starhawk and warhawk. For Halo 4, many of the developers were all fans.
Message 39 of 44 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Apr 7, 2013
well sony santa monica currently own the franchise' development rights, they could make it in house or give it off to another developer. I'd have thought that some of lightbox or maybe even eat sleep play would be intrested also.
having fan developers would be good to a point, however I 'recon if you give the game over to some of the die hard warhawk fans you'd end up with another starhawk situation of the game just not selling. the thing is, the next hawk game has to compete with big games from the battlefield franchise, something that warhawk never did. as the saying goes, the times they are a'changin' - warhawk wouldn't be the success it was back in '06 if it were released today with newer graphics as alot of people want. if the next hawk game wants to sell, it needs BnB, it needs an aesthetic design that is unique and stands out from the military style of battlefield (and sadly, warhawk) it needs to create a more stand out yet still easy to understand arsenal as opposed to the generic looking guns of warhawk and it needs to update certain aspects of its gameplay to get with modern trends ( pressing o shouldn't be stop still and crouch for instance, I know my nephue really struggled with that, he'd press it to try to roll from grenades and end up just crouching and slowly hoppping away) Lightbox proved it was willing to at least try to 'get down with the kids,' something I don't think that many warhawk fans would be willing to do given more control over their game.
of course listening to fan suggestions would be a good idea this time, but certaain things need to be compromised to ensure the continuation of the franchise

Message 40 of 44 (67 Views)