Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 25 2013
By: Arron_Rift Uncharted Territory 1288 posts

"Astrohawk" on PS4. My suggestion for the ultimate Warhawk/Starhawk hybrid

[ Edited ]
16 replies 300 views Edited Feb 25, 2013
Hey guys!

I've been hearing alot of talk lately about another hawk title for PS4 and what all it should and shouldn't be, and the other day I had a LOT of cool ideas about this that I thought I'd share with you guys. Since I have more ideas than I have time to write them, I will probably add to this thread over time (so check back every now and then), but here's the basic idea:

What if they made an entirely new hawk title that took place between Warhawk and Starhawk, connecting their general timelines and taking the better aspects of both! We could have limited amounts of B&B (mostly bunkers and walls with very limited amounts of turrets and other "noob" items), we could have more intricate and complete permanent structures around the bases, we could have HUGE player caps and build limits yet semi-limited vehicle spawning,  we could have hawks that can both fly, hover, AND walk, and we might even be able to have the huge flying-fortresses that were originally planned to be in Warhawk! (as seen in this picture)

warhawk-ps3-20060117000718622.jpg

What would you guys think of this? (Feel free to go ahead and comment now, without reading the rest, as below is just more details of my idea :smileyhappy:)
--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 1 of 17 (300 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1288 posts

Re: "Astrohawk" on PS4. My suggestion for the ultimate Warhawk/Starhawk hybrid

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013
Here are some additional ideas that I had for this.

Premise and Backstory

The Space Race Begins...
We return once again to the world of the Eucadians and the Chernovians, and they are still determined to fight each other until the bitter end, and yet much has changed. Decades have passed since the battles of Warhawk, and there is still a century or two left to go before the events of Starhawk are set to begin. Though land has been ravished by endless warfare, Lady Eucadia still stands, and several years ago the Eucadians almost pulled a victory out of the war. But that was before Rift energy entered the picture...

It all started with a spark. A screaming blue spark that streaked closer and closer until it exploded in the planet's atmosphere, scattering fragments of the meteor all across the planet... fragments embedded with Rift crystals. The largest of these fragments splashed down just off the shore of the Chernovian's "Omega Factory." It changed everything. Empowered by their knowledge and driven by desperation, the Chernovian's were the first to unlock the mysteries of the Rift energy, mysteries that would power engines of destruction that were inconceivable mere months before. Though the Eucadians would not lag behind for long, this momentary gap in their technologies turned the tide in the war, as the Chernovians devastated their foe and quickly gained the upper hand in the conflict before they once again became equals locked in endless warfare...

As the conflict raged on, it quickly became apparent that more Rift energy would be needed to maintain it. Scientists discovered that similar meteors had struck many of the other planets and moons in their solar system, and so both teams quickly developed colossal "Super-carriers" to transport their armies to the stars. With both teams vying for control of this neutral territory, battles quickly became a race over who could fortify their own position and launch their attack the fastest. Such demands gave way to the "Rapid Fortification Deployment System" (Build and Battle) which was capable of deploying troops and light equipment directly from the Super-carriers to the battlefields far below via "Drop-Pod" technology...

...Let the Space Race begin....
--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 2 of 17 (299 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Someone at Sony hire this guy. He put much more effort into writing these 2 posts than anyone ever put into writing Starhawk's story.
Message 3 of 17 (279 Views)
Wastelander
661 posts

Feb 25, 2013
What about the other nations?

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z98/VillDoc/escjsc2-small.jpg

Destroyer Of All , Killer Of None

Message 4 of 17 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1288 posts

Feb 25, 2013

escjsc wrote:
What about the other nations?

0_0

There were other nations in Warhawk? I thought there were only two...:smileytongue:

Message 5 of 17 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2273 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Stop asking for anything Starhawk and Warhawk related. It's doubtful Sony is looking to hire Lightbox again for the mess that was Starhawk.

Message 6 of 17 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1288 posts

Feb 25, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

Stop asking for anything Starhawk and Warhawk related. It's doubtful Sony is looking to hire Lightbox again for the mess that was Starhawk.

I don't think i'd have to be Lightbox again (their work aside, I agree that Sony probably is none to happy with them for missing three years worth of deadlines to say the least).

Might I point out that, to my knowledge, all three of the Hawk titles have been made by different companies. The fans seem to be the only ones who stick around, ironically :smileytongue:

Message 7 of 17 (266 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6521 posts

Feb 25, 2013
I want it!!!
Message 8 of 17 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Feb 25, 2013
I had the same idea a while back. It would be nice to know the mid story. KUDOS!
Message 9 of 17 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Omega should be remastered to look starhawkish to become Scourge. But not quite Scourge but a happy-medium of inbetween.

Since it is a mid-story, all the Warhawk maps should be redone(except destroyed capital. How much more 'destroyed' do we need on that map). Like a Warhawk look with a Starhawk taste.
Message 10 of 17 (254 Views)
0 Likes