Reply
Mar 01 2013
By: GOW71 Keyblade Wielder 7422 posts
Offline

"NO SKILL" Server 3-2-2013

[ Edited ]
40 replies 303 views Edited Mar 1, 2013

Ok yeah yeah, I get all the jokes that could potentially come from the name of this server. So feel free to launch them out there, I did that intentionally. Now that I got that out of the way:

 

This weekend I have an unusual amount of free time to my lonesome on Saturday.  For giggles I will host a room where hopefully everyone who signs into it will play with one stipulation: ALL SKILLS MUST BE REMOVED. Hence the "no skill" server.

 

It will consist of mixed maps and loadouts. 15-20 minute games. FWF on sometimes... not others.

 

It will be password protected and I will post it here when the room goes up.  Feel free to invite others as long as they agree to switch skills OFF.  

 

It will go up early and be up until noon or so, later if I am lucky. Hope to see you there!

 

**Exception: Fast Learner perk is OK to have equipped.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 41 (303 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/08/2012
Offline
6405 posts
 

Re: "NO SKILL" Server 3-2-2013

Mar 1, 2013
Can we still use that skill that gives us more XP?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 41 (297 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/08/2013
Offline
1043 posts
 

Re: "NO SKILL" Server 3-2-2013

Mar 1, 2013

That sounds like a great idea just let me know the time and I will try and make it, no more snap aim sounds great.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 41 (293 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7422 posts
 

Re: "NO SKILL" Server 3-2-2013

Mar 1, 2013

BlueKnight345 wrote:

That sounds like a great idea just let me know the time and I will try and make it, no more snap aim sounds great.


That's not  skill you an un-equip. I mean the perks like engine-mods, turret jammer, those things that you can select.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 41 (288 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7422 posts
 

Re: "NO SKILL" Server 3-2-2013

Mar 1, 2013

thesupertman wrote:
Can we still use that skill that gives us more XP?

That one I'm ok with as it does not change any ability at all. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 41 (286 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/31/2008
Offline
1094 posts
 

Re: "NO SKILL" Server 3-2-2013

Mar 1, 2013

But the Added XP skill DOES give them an advantage.  They are going to be more likely to top the leaderboard for the match because of it.

 

It's your match, but a skill is a skill.  Turn 'em off.

 photo StubbornPuppetSig2011-1.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 41 (281 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7422 posts
 

Re: "NO SKILL" Server 3-2-2013

Mar 1, 2013

StubbornPuppet wrote:

But the Added XP skill DOES give them an advantage.  They are going to be more likely to top the leaderboard for the match because of it.

 

It's your match, but a skill is a skill.  Turn 'em off.


That doesn't really count for anything though just that they earned more xp and name is on top.  It doesn't change gameplay at all.  I don't call having your name at the top of list at end of match an advantage. Just that you gathered more XP.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 41 (277 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/08/2008
Offline
7992 posts
 

Re: "NO SKILL" Server 3-2-2013

Mar 1, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

BlueKnight345 wrote:

That sounds like a great idea just let me know the time and I will try and make it, no more snap aim sounds great.


That's not  skill you an un-equip. I mean the perks like engine-mods, turret jammer, those things that you can select.


Well at least the snap aim will be the same for everyone.  That sharp shooter perk or what-ever is probably what he refers to.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.


dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 41 (276 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7422 posts
 

Re: "NO SKILL" Server 3-2-2013

Mar 1, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

BlueKnight345 wrote:

That sounds like a great idea just let me know the time and I will try and make it, no more snap aim sounds great.


That's not  skill you an un-equip. I mean the perks like engine-mods, turret jammer, those things that you can select.


Well at least the snap aim will be the same for everyone.  That sharp shooter perk or what-ever is probably what he refers to.


Yeah the marksman perk... the one I have on ALL THE TIME :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 41 (274 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/14/2009
Offline
1012 posts
 

Re: "NO SKILL" Server 3-2-2013

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

if it's password protected, it's non ranked so the extra xp perk doesn't matter. how are you going to be able to enforce, or even tell if someone is using perks?  either way I'll join if I see the server up when I'm on.

 

edit:  whats FWF? nevermind figured it out.  :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 41 (269 Views)
Reply
0 Likes