Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 29 2012
By: Arron_Rift Uncharted Territory 1288 posts

"Olympian" Sprinter Pack DLC suggestion

8 replies 518 views Edited Jul 29, 2012

Hey everybody!

With the London Olympics now upon us, I figured now would be a good time to post this DLC suggestion. I had this idea a while ago and I'd like your feedback on it :smileyhappy:

(if you're speed-reading, you can just read the white text and skip everything else :smileywink:)

Essentially it would be a lower-body exoskeleton that, as an alternative to the Vulture Pack, would allow for high-speed sprinting (somewhere between that of a tank and a Razorback) when holding down R2 (perhaps with some kind of overheat). (Hopefully this would result in there being more infantry on the map, and if nothing else it would be great to have on hand for if your vehicle broke down in the enemy base.)

Additionally, if you jump while holding R2, you would immediately dive-roll about one-tank-length in the direction you are pressing. (People have been requesting this, both for taking cover and for dodging roadkills)

And if you jump from a crouch, then you would spring about 10 feet into the air, (Great for jumping walls/bunkers) but this would probably have a cool down time.

Hopefully, this would make infantry viable on the battlefield.

I'm thinking that it should be a backpack that unfolds these miltary-grade, spring-loaded exoskeletons and clamps them onto the player's legs. Aesthetically, I'm picturing some kind of mix between the devices pictured below. ( I'm sure a team as great as LBI's could make it look AWESOME!! :smileywink:)

exo-legs.jpg

jumpStilts1.jpg

Portal-2-Long-Fall-Boots.jpg

f20110307093917-jumping_stilts_flyjumper_poweriser_powerizer_powerskip_upwing.jpg

What do you guys think? How much Rift do you think it should cost? Any suggestions as to how this should work?

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 1 of 9 (518 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
305 posts

Re: "Olympian" Sprinter Pack DLC suggestion

Jul 29, 2012

i like the idea and in my opinion a good rift cost would be 3 because thats not to expisive but not to cheap

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
please pay no attention to the troll
Message 2 of 9 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1288 posts

Jul 30, 2012
Oh thanks :smileyhappy:,

Also, do you guys think it should give any kind of an offensive advantage, or would the increased mobility be enough to make it worth equiping?
--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 3 of 9 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4547 posts

Jul 30, 2012

As long as it serves as just a form of transportation, I think it's a great idea.  You're awesome at this kind of stuff Arron (so hard for me to type that right, as my name is Aaron lol.)

-------------------

Warhawk/Starhawk Pro/Advanced Flight til the day I die-------------- [BHD] Better Hide or Die
Message 4 of 9 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

Jul 30, 2012

Cool idea but not for this game. This game needs to be finished before they consider something even remotely like this. DLC plus fractured community and low sales equals hello oblivion.

Message 5 of 9 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1288 posts

Jul 30, 2012

SpaceNun wrote:

Cool idea but not for this game. This game needs to be finished before they consider something even remotely like this. DLC plus fractured community and low sales equals hello oblivion.

Despite the odd wording, I think I see your point.

I'm talking about after they patch up everyone's complains. LBI_Pete hinted that after 1.4 they may start adding new buildings/structures, and this could fit in with however they plan to do that :smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 9 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1288 posts

Jul 31, 2012

SpaceNun wrote:

Actually, LBI_Pete covered this today here

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Starhawk-General/An-introduction-and-details-on-Patch-1-03/m-...

"Fracturing the player base is something that we definitely want to avoid.  To help with this all of the additional maps will be free, and you’ll still be able to join games that include DLC that you don’t own."

Think that solves things :smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 9 (378 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
34 posts

Jul 31, 2012

+1! do it!

Message 8 of 9 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2787 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2012

Love the idea. I can easily see this being paid DLC. It can work out too, if properly balanced. Pretty much, on Fat Princess, those who bought Fat Roles DLC had access to three bonus classes, they weren't anything special, but fun to use. 

If this can be another method of transporation, and also have an associated rift cost, I can see this working. Kudos. 

Should be available through, say, through the Jetpack depot (though I think a more appropriate name should be given to it) and available for 3 rift. 

Message 9 of 9 (349 Views)
0 Likes