Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 21 2012
By: Arron_Rift Uncharted Territory 1257 posts

"Viper" Armored Assault Cycle DLC (Please Read)

[ Edited ]
8 replies 710 views Edited Aug 15, 2012

Hey everyone!

I figured that a lot of you are probably still hopped up on motorcycle action from the new "Dark Knight Rises" movie, so I thought now would be a good time to post my idea for an alternative to the Sidewinder.

I call it the "Viper" Armored Assault Cycle (Though we could call it "Viper", "AAC", or "Battle-Bike" for short :smileywink:).

In essence, it would behave much like the current bike, except it would have more health, a passenger seat, and a front-mounted cannon. The passenger would be able to fire all troop weapons in a 180-degree radius in front of the vehicle. The driver could use the cannon, after a long cool-down time, to fire an electric blast that would immobilize any infantry or vehicles within a small radius of the impact. However, to balance this, it would be slower and more expensive than the Sidewinder, would be unable to jump, and would perhaps take 1-2 seconds to mount/dismount, making the driver less able to bail.

This would essentially make it an ambush vehicle, as it would be great for roaming the map, finding wandering infantry, stunning them and running them over. This would also be great for nabbing flag carriers who are running away on a Sidewinder, as the driver could immobilize them with the cannon while the gunner tears them to shreds. Just imagine what a gang of these could do! I'd pay good money for this!

I may draw up some pictures and add more detail if this idea gets enough comments/kudos, but I think I'll try and keep this first post short-and-sweet.

Edit:

Well, I finally got some time to draw up a picture of this baby on 8-14-12 after hearing all of the talk about how LBI should counter the Sidewinders. Here it is!

does this   work.JPG

It could easily look anyway LBI wants it to, but I picture it looking kind of like a sleek, rugged snowmobile: propelled by treads and steering with two giant steel blades on the front (I kinda like this game having tanks with wheels and bikes with treads :smileytongue:)

An armored shell would close around the driver, protecting him from snipers (and making it look less like the passenger is hugging his boyfriend like when people normally ride on the back :smileyvery-happy:). However, this would make it take a second or two to get in and out of the drivers seat (as the panels must open and close) and so this vehicle would be worse than the Sidewinder when it comes to escaping your vehicle's destruction.

What do you guys think? Any questions or suggestions?

And in case LBI is listening, how much would you be willing to pay to gain access to this in-game?

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 1 of 9 (710 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1257 posts

Re: "Viper" Armored Assault Cycle DLC (Please Read)

Jul 21, 2012

Oh, and armyluke has a similar idea that you might want to check out here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Starhawk-General/Two-types-of-Sidewinders/m-p/37606323/highli...

(I plugged my idea there, so I thought I should plug his idea here, to be fair :smileyvery-happy:)

--------------( Semi-official Starhawk Suggestion Central (Updated 09-05-12)-----------------

----------------------------------------------------Built to Destroy----------------------------------------------------

Message 2 of 9 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 21, 2012

Arron_Rift wrote:

Hey everyone!

I figured that a lot of you are probably still hopped up on motorcycle action from the new "Dark Knight Rises" movie, so I thought now would be a good time to post my idea for an alternative to the Sidewinder.

I like this idea, this seems like a good one. I have to ask a few questions though.

- If the Viper cannot jump, how many blasts from a tank or the MG's from the Razorback or Hawk could it take?

- What kind of loadouts do you see this vehicle in?

- I imagine you would make this slower than the typical SW, so how much slower would it be?

I ask these questions because it would seem to me the idea is solid but when out there in the battlefield it would be moving target practice kinda like what the RB is as of right now.

Message 3 of 9 (684 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4677 posts

Jul 21, 2012

side-car??  I'm down.  

Message 4 of 9 (682 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Jul 21, 2012
Sounds nice, but basically it's a Razorback that's actually useful without a 3rd passenger. :smileyhappy:
Message 5 of 9 (669 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1257 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2012

HottLixx86 wrote:

Arron_Rift wrote:

Hey everyone!

I like this idea, this seems like a good one. I have to ask a few questions though.

- If the Viper cannot jump, how many blasts from a tank or the MG's from the Razorback or Hawk could it take?

- What kind of loadouts do you see this vehicle in?

- I imagine you would make this slower than the typical SW, so how much slower would it be?

I ask these questions because it would seem to me the idea is solid but when out there in the battlefield it would be moving target practice kinda like what the RB is as of right now.

Only got a minute to post, but I'm thinking maybe it could survive about 2 tank shots.
It's main strength would be a gunner and the stun cannon, which I imagine would make it pretty dangerous to those who rely on speed, making it almost an "anti-sidewinder" vehicle.

It would probably be a little slower than the current bike, essentially a tiny RB with a stun gun instead of a turret, and perhaps the normal bike could be sped up a little to make up the difference.

Message 6 of 9 (622 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1257 posts

Jul 23, 2012

Also, I was thinking about this some more, and perhaps this bike could have blades on the front, allowing it to damage vehicles and maybe even structures by ramming them at top speed.

I'm thinking this ramming attack should only work after it had a good 30 foot straight-away to pick up speed, and would do the damage of about one MAW blast. Perhaps ramming could have it's own button like Optimus Prime in "Transformers:war for Cybertron", it which you go extra fast but can't really turn while it's activated.

What do you guys think of this?

Message 7 of 9 (585 Views)
PlayStation MVP
48860 posts

Jul 23, 2012

Arron_Rift wrote:

Hey everyone!

I call it the "Viper" Armored Assault Cycle. In essence, it would behave much like the current bike, except it would have more health, a passenger seat, and a front-mounted cannon. The passenger would be able to fire all troop weapons in a 180-degree radius in front of the vehicle. The driver could use the cannon, after a long cool-down time, to fire an electric blast that would immobilize any infantry or vehicles within a small radius of the impact. However, to balance this, it would be slower and more expensive than the Sidewinder, would be unable to jump, and would perhaps take 1-2 seconds to mount/dismount, making the driver less able to bail.

This would essentially make it an ambush vehicle, as it would be great for roaming the map, finding wandering infantry, stunning them and running them over. This would also be great for nabbing flag carriers who are running away on a Sidewinder, as the driver could immobilize them with the cannon while the gunner tears them to shreds. Just imagine what a gang of these could do! I'd pay good money for this!

I may draw up some pictures and add more detail if this idea gets enough comments/kudos, but I think I'll try and keep this first post short-and-sweet.

What do you guys think? Any questions or suggestions?

And in case LBI is listening, how much would you be willing to pay to gain access to this in-game?

I would ike this.

I would also like my old suggestion of just putting a weak, kinetic rifle style power, turret in the front of the sidewinder we can use to shoot at stuff.  (I saw weak like the kinetic rifle because otherwise you'd have people like me sidewinder "sniping" all your build items)

Message 8 of 9 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1257 posts

Aug 15, 2012
Just wanted to point out that I modified the first post and added a picture (Please excuse my skills with Paint :smileywink:)

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Message 9 of 9 (528 Views)
0 Likes