Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Re: starhawk related

Feb 6, 2013
PSASBR would have been so much cooler if it was a 3d 3rd person game!

I might have actually bought it!
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 36 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7426 posts

Feb 6, 2013
I disliked the super system. It's the only way to win. No matter what else you do you have to hit them with a super.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 36 (153 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1790 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Exactly, an exact copy of SSB would of saved PSABR.

rndmjosh.png
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 36 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7270 posts

Feb 6, 2013
@Lee: i think i might get it still. I reserved it but never picked it up.

Im broke #_#
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 36 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Feb 6, 2013
Randm is right about the clone thing, if it were cloned it would've been better.

and TX it is starhawk related because SMS was the parent company in charge of ALOT of titles this generation. both of them are PSABR and the other Starhawk. Like lee said, there's that big connection, and if you read the article there are hints as to what's to happen to the future of our game.

PSABR sold more copies than starhawk, and has even been reported to sell 'on track' whatever that means because digital sales aren't even published. The point is that SSM stated that DLC wasn't finished for PSABR, and Superbot, a company that was made for this purpose was let off.

LBI was also made for the sole purpose of Warhawk/Starhawk development apparently. It did worse than PSABR, and if SSM would rather support PSABR DLC content, then where does that leave us by association?

One thing I think SONY messed up in with their dependence on SSM is that their facilities and their name was whored out all too liberally this gen. What does SSM have to offer a game like Unfinished Swan, or Journey for that matter? They'r'e the people that made God of War, does that qualify to house some massive online gaming servers? honestly, what online game did they have that necessitated the use of their facilities for the development and deployment of Warhawk?

As far as I can recollect, Ascencion is their first game this gen that is wholly SSM that they're doing multiplayer. Nihilistic would have been the helm of a better network infrastructure, but with the way how the IPs have been going down the ranks, everything is getting lost by the wayside.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 36 (135 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2506 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

GOW71 wrote:
I disliked the super system. It's the only way to win. No matter what else you do you have to hit them with a super.

i guess i was right... you wanted a smash clone or a typical brawler game...

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 36 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
477 posts

Feb 6, 2013

i understand your point cluster.    And i did read everything before i posted.  If it was me i would have merged it.  But its not me and i respect that it is allowed to stay.  before the mod deleted posts it just looked like this thread was only dividing the community more.  And i know that wasn't the intention.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 36 (128 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2506 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Southern_DuDe_20 wrote:
@Lee: i think i might get it still. I reserved it but never picked it up.

Im broke #_#

just in case you do decide to get it, download kat and emmett next tuesday. they're free for 2 weeks and you don't have to have the game to get them.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 36 (127 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7426 posts

Feb 6, 2013

a_leenail1992 wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

i guess i was right... you wanted a smash clone or a typical brawler game...

No you miss what I am trying to get at.  Supers are all well and good to have but if someone is at zero health I HAVE to use one to kill them off.  I don't give a hoot about a clone, never played SSB.  But if I have put in the work and got you down to zero health and somone else jumps in with a super a split second before I do an kills you because it is the only way to get a kill. That's bull.

You like the game, I don't. No need to bicker. I'm not trying to make a point at you. Just telling you why I don't like it.  Enjoy the game to your hearts content buddy.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 36 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7270 posts

Feb 6, 2013
@leenail i was gonna get them even if i dont get it. Just to support :smileyhappy:

But also when lbi got canned, Dylan hinted at 'some' DLC that he will pay for.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 36 (105 Views)
0 Likes