Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
546 posts

Re: sup

Dec 18, 2012

i just want to say good talking with you guys.   Respectful debate and i really appreciate it.  

Message 111 of 139 (159 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49143 posts

Dec 18, 2012

TX11 wrote:

i have to say you guys gave some good reading on the 2 games.  Respectful too.  Buttered you said in warhawk the other team couldn't control your vehicles.   I have 1200 hours in warhawk man and one of the best strategies to use is to take the enemies hawks so they don't have any because in warhawk vehicles don't respawn until they are destroyed weather the enemy team has em or not.   

To me personnally what makes warhawk better then starhawk was the pace of gameplay.    In starhawk BnB slows down the battles,   aiming slows down the battles (not to mention stupid **bleep** snap aim)  skills create a so called imbalance weather its a perfect imbalance or not its still an imbalance. 

I do understand what you are saying samo but disagree.  In warhawk the balance was always equal between the players.  You were considered to be skilled by rank and score at the end of everygame.  Not by hitting triangle and changing your skill.  This dumbing down with flight in starhawk is just dumb canned dogdes   arrows and big circles.  Just WOW!  

I for one understand starhawk is not warhawk and won't ever even be close.    With that said i don't think starhawk sucks its just not at warhawks level.  LBI should have let hosts set up everything in starhawk just like they did in warhawk.    Leaderboards in starhawk are lame if you can call them that.     I don't really want to get into bashing starhawk.

Warhawk sucked at release worse then starhawk did.  Points didn't even count until a month after release.  But with warhawk  Incognito was able to support the game for over a year unlike starhawk.  People blame Sony advertising and that wasn't it.  They blame santa monica and thats not it either.  LBI made some decisions to make the game more noob friendly and take skill out of the equation not completely but in some ways it no longer matters. 

LBI is the victim of their own bad decisions with this game.  Stupid **bleep** single player and prospector would have given more time to online to be better if time wasn't wasted there.   LBI changed a lot in starhawk compared to warhawk and kept some things from warhawk but very few. 

I didn't want warhawk with new paint but i thought that LBI would at least carry over some of the things that made warhawk great.    LBI tryed to please several different demographics, and in turn ended up not pleasing any.  Sales numbers prove this.  Warhawk vets are more vocal about this then others because of the love they had for Warhawk and incognito.  This is why warhawk vets are borderline angry with the way starhawk is.          

XMB kicks are the worse how can a company put a game out that does that.  AND NEVER FIX IT.    Its sad to me to see the downfall of LBI.  But thats capitalism at its best the game dropped the ball big time and because of it we may never see a TRUE SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR   

This is just my opinions  i don't hate starhawk but i truely do see all the shortcomings.  LBI has no one to blame but themselves for their demise. 

Well said TX.  Not much more to add other than I agree.  You know our point of disagreement on the spiritual successor thing from our other conversations but at least we see the basics the same.  

Message 112 of 139 (152 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Dec 18, 2012

This thread has been a good read.

Message 113 of 139 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
546 posts

Dec 18, 2012

this thread has been a good example of how a community can disagree   agreeably               

Message 114 of 139 (144 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 18, 2012
I think we agreed about alot of things we disagreed on.

this is me helping
Message 115 of 139 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8839 posts

Dec 18, 2012

The spiritual successor thing was definitely a bad move. On top of that, LBI geared the game towards us by saying it would appeal to us etc. Which is an obvious thing to do to get it to spread by word of mouth. I guess it's just unfortunate that the game they geared to us was terriblee

photo ButteredSconesSig-1.jpg
Want to play League of Legends? Sign up here: https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/index?ref=51b9087ba6e0c793407146
Message 116 of 139 (119 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

Dec 18, 2012

I think that's why the outrage and sense of betrayal from the Old Guard, and a lot of us late gen players.  We felt like they used us as free marketing, a springboard if you will, then YOINK gave us something with about 5% Wh DNA and 95% something else.

That  95% something else can be a helluvalotof fun and all when you play with friends btw.  But then again, a lot of normally not so fun things with strangers can be a lot of fun with friends.

Like... going to jail, floating down a river into Deliverance Country, etc etc.

Message 117 of 139 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 18, 2012
:/

Soooo you don't mind getting baseraped with friends?

this is me helping
Message 118 of 139 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 18, 2012
Also, scones, the media and the hype were doing a horrible job of selling me this game. Who else was LBI going to turn to for a testing group?

this is me helping
Message 119 of 139 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5809 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

Samokoske wrote:
:/

Soooo you don't mind getting baseraped with friends?

Hahah. Not nearly so much as I mind getting baseraped with strangers.

At least with friends there comes a point we start acting silly just for the lulz, like one night in WH on that god forsaken Archipalego map.

Me and Derry72 got at the base of ladder in homebase, started doing a tbagging, flamethrowering, bio-field mosh pit thing. Several others joined we laughed our arses off while the other team raped and pillaged. 

Or that night a little kid kept asking someone with the WH axe to see it.... (and I'm having a brain fart on his name, crap, he's on my FL!)  Anyway.... we goofed off looking at that guy's axe so long, annnd did the mosh pit thing there too, that the baserape was coming to us unaware and by then we'd attracted 6 other people to our party... and BLAMO.  TOWed.  All of us.  And it was funny.

I just get gamerage when I get stuck with a team that's getting baseraped and I don't know any of them. :smileytongue:

Message 120 of 139 (100 Views)
0 Likes