Fender Bender
3293 posts

Re: sup

Dec 18, 2012
Kudos on that. If it were me I'd probably feel the same. And I think that was wrong of them. But coming from elsewhere, I am glad these are 2 different experiences.

this is me helping
Message 101 of 139 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Dec 18, 2012
oh samo.....samo samo samo. Why you no understand?! Lol

The main thing people get wrong with this game is they associated it with the unreleased yet much desired WH 2. LBI's biggest mistake was saying spiritual successor. Had they never said that or placed it in the same boat as WH we'd be in a different spot. I've took part in this same argument for many many moons now and SH is to the point where this should be behind us yet people continue to compare the 2.

Now we normally agree Samo but saying SH doesn't require strategy is crazy. Of course you'll have the games where you can jump in and without thought start killing everyone and win. Do me a favor and press start. Then say hello to the noobs. You haven't played with me a ton but I'm sure you know if you get in a game with me you better bring some strategy and that goes for a lot of us.
New people rooms don't warrant a true outlook at what SH is today. Find a full CTF heavyweight room and you'll find strategy in play.....most of the time. Smiley Happy
Message 102 of 139 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Dec 18, 2012
To me Samo if LBI hadn't directly said it would be a Spiritual Successor and told warhawk vets they will get in beta and then most didn't.
----

We were typing the same thing. Lol
Message 103 of 139 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 18, 2012
Lol. Would you have felt better if i said 'generic 3rd person shooter?'

The similarities can't be dismissed in spite of the rampant alienating differences. Vehicles. 3rd person perspective. Weapons.... am I missing something?

I do like the map diversity in WH i'll tell you that. Too bad you can't build those kind of structures. But the maps in SH are made for BnB. As opposed to premade playground.

this is me helping
Message 104 of 139 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Dec 18, 2012

To you samo they are similarities to me they are not.   This game has very few things that it carried over from warhawk the only thing truely the same is caf and even then it still has canned dodges.   YOu don't have to call it a generic 3rd person shooter its not.    I just believe that starhawk would be better to be judged on its own merits with no comparison to warhawk.  But for someone like me who played sooooo much warhawk its impossible to do.  With what LBI stated before starhawks release i thought i was getting a successor and i feel i got something totally different.  Starhawk is best judged on its own merits but warhawk vets cannot do it without bias.  I acknowledge that.

Message 105 of 139 (94 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 18, 2012
I never said SH doesn't require strategy! I said it requires meta strategy. Meta thinking. And the imperfect balance is a different strategy mechanic to be worked in play with the game's flows strategy. If you believ that was what I said, then what's the point of playing MtG if the guy with the better deck wins? Nono. You might have a better deck, but I can use my tools better. Or I have all the tools you do, let's use counter play to outsmart the other.

this is me helping
Message 106 of 139 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Dec 18, 2012
Honestly that amount of honesty is rare ^
Message 107 of 139 (87 Views)
Fender Bender
2611 posts

Dec 18, 2012
Aw ok. Gotcha. My minds on vacation today.
Message 108 of 139 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Dec 18, 2012

thanks balls but don't forget  im in that awful   BHD  (sorry couldn't help it)   have been for 5 years   LOL   and trust me they don't all agree with me    lol

Message 109 of 139 (78 Views)
Fender Bender
3293 posts

Dec 18, 2012
TX, you are fine. You don't use attrition, you go with the flow, and are capable of logical reasoning through respectful discussion. I can reapect that in even the slowest of people (not singling you or any other BHDs out of the group)

this is me helping
Message 110 of 139 (74 Views)