Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 11 2012
By: TimbosTNT First Son 13 posts

Again, Condemned 2 update problem!?

[ Edited ]
17 replies 7375 views Edited Dec 11, 2012

Before i get the official response(s) from the guru's let me just state the following:

I have:

*Checked other threads about this problem, most of them centered around 2009.

*Tried an official solution of waiting for the update screen to flash the white aura around the "OK" normally and hear the sound in the background (about 8 - 10 seconds of a wait) before i press X for ok or Circle for cancel.

*I have even tried waiting all the way until the game's small prelude cutscene before the "press start" button screen play out entirely before i press ok for the update.

*I have tried being signed into the PSN when popping in the disc with any of the other said options, and also not being signed in (but still connected online, just not signed in) with no change in results.

Any of the options listed comes to the same result; my PS3 says Please wait and then freezes before doing the 3 rapid beeps, then resetting itself. (this doesn't happen when i cancel the update but it does happen when i try to exit the game after refusing the update).

No matter what the course of action i take is, the result is the same however i try it. I know its not my internet connection, i have recently bought a new and stronger router & modem. I even tried getting the update on another PS3 that is physically located closer to the router, which gets flawless signal strength, again with all possible combinations of attempts stated above with the same result.

I dont know what the problems with any of the updates could have been in 2009 but i might have a guess that maybe someone, somewhere could look into or know who to ask about finding out? (hey its a long shot)

I recently (3 days ago from me posting this) had to re-download my update data for Call of Duty 4 (i lost all my update data in a hard drive change) And i had difficulty getting the PS3 to accept the last update COD4 received, so my PS3 reset itself, and then finally after a 4th attempt, while not being signed in, it worked (i had to wait for the screen to reload the update version screen for some reason).

The only correlation i see with both games (besides the genre type, First Person Perspective) is that neither game have trophy support but have some type of online servers. Now i know that COD4's online servers are still active -no surprise there- but i have no idea on Condemned 2, not that its terribly important to me, i bought the game for its story mode.

***Im just wondering if the last system update that the PS3 had maybe hinders a games version update download if there is no trophy support for that game? Maybe it wasnt a priority patch in the last system update?***

Anyways while checking another game site's forum out of curiosity another gamer on his/her PS3 is having the same issue. I just want to know if there could be any guesses or answers given, or do i have to go buy an Xbox 360 copy to ensure a working Condemned 2 experience?

Message 1 of 18 (7,375 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Again, Condemned 2 update problem!?

Dec 14, 2012
Unique Snowflake
SilentPhish
Re: Condemned 2 update problem

hey i dunno if anyone is still reading this thread but i tried all the solutions and nothing worked for me. i FINALLY got it to work with the following suggestion posted by  loooooolilu over at the GameSpot forums:

"ok well i bought the game and it showed me the update window but the ps3 would just restart after that but i found the solution to this problem i think cuz it worked for me lets on u guys. all u have to do is connect ur ps3 to the internet by wired connection don't do wireless ok so after u get ur connection wired turn on the ps3 sign in like normal but after u sign in disconnect the internet cable start the game and when its saying like sega and stuff connect the cable again and the update window should appear and won't freeze.

hope it helps thats how it worked for me."

loooooolilu, if you ever read this: THANK YOU!!!!

Message 2 of 18 (7,314 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Well that does indeed sound interesting, but having a wired connection to my PS3 isnt possible for me.  The large screen TV i have couldnt fit anywhere close to where id have to connect it for viewing the solution with. Nor do i have an ethernet cable long enough to span a distance of 50+ feet from my router to where the PS3 is.

but thank you for finding this, unique solution.  this person who figured this out really, really didnt want to give up and use every possibility they had open to them. i unfortunately dont have those options available to me.

still though i cant help but wonder why there is an issue with this game's update to begin with. 

either way i went with the only option i had available to me, but thanks again for trying to help.

Message 3 of 18 (7,298 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

silversha wrote:
Unique Snowflake
SilentPhish
Re: Condemned 2 update problem

hey i dunno if anyone is still reading this thread but i tried all the solutions and nothing worked for me. i FINALLY got it to work with the following suggestion posted by  loooooolilu over at the GameSpot forums:

"ok well i bought the game and it showed me the update window but the ps3 would just restart after that but i found the solution to this problem i think cuz it worked for me lets on u guys. all u have to do is connect ur ps3 to the internet by wired connection don't do wireless ok so after u get ur connection wired turn on the ps3 sign in like normal but after u sign in disconnect the internet cable start the game and when its saying like sega and stuff connect the cable again and the update window should appear and won't freeze.

hope it helps thats how it worked for me."

loooooolilu, if you ever read this: THANK YOU!!!!

Thanks a lot. I can now update the game using this method. But my PS3 still resets after quitting Condemned 2. The PS3 also resets before shutting down if I try turning PS3 off from the XMB pressing the PS button in game. I deleted all data of the game but no solution. Mine is the super slim PS3 with the latest firmware (It came with 4.21 anyway).

Message 4 of 18 (7,252 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Well iv got to tell you  that it is not your psp it may be just certain games   mine is clean and has no scratches  I can't get it to update either 

the white  light  on the*( OK) never lights up and  mine is skipping  but its only the sound that is doing that  not the video  strange indeed  HMM

I think there should be a test sent  and a way to prove that perhaps it is  defective  disk or data on the disk  if  the skipping thing is unrelated to why it wont update  look into   maybe  a recall is in order  or maybe tell me what's making mine skip  <<but its only the sound doing it >>

Message 5 of 18 (7,156 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 6, 2013

ill try it   now and we will see 

Message 6 of 18 (7,155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 6, 2013

It worked   good job at solving that one thanks       Solution    is    CONFIRMED  on my end   again thanks  

Message 7 of 18 (7,152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Does your PS3 reset when you quit the game?

Message 8 of 18 (6,968 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Mine resets when I quit no matter what. It took long enough to get it patched with pretty much zero support from Sega, and now this problem arises. There's pretty much zero info about it online besides this thread. I even searched the Sega forums for a good hour, but nope. Whenever I quit/turn off the system when Condemned 2 is open, it freezes for about 10 seconds then emits 3 beeps and reboots. Definitely not good, and I don't play it much because of that. Pretty lame. 

Message 9 of 18 (6,929 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 21, 2013

Well if anyone is still looking for a solution to the problem where PS3 resets on quitting the game, I have found one -

The game was not updating no matter which approach I tried so I decided to skip the update. On quitting the game would cause the PS3 to reset.

I tried to play the game without logging into the PSN account - same result.

Solution -

The only way to ensure that the PS3 doesn't reset after you quit the game is to see to it that the PS3 does not have access to Internet from the word go till the time you quit the game.

Worked for me on PS3 slim with latest firmware.

Message 10 of 18 (6,221 Views)
0 Likes