Deep Silver announced a new mission-based DLC pack will be released for Dead Island. The Ryder White DLC campaign follows the story and perspective of the main game’s antagonist character and allows players to experience the events on Banoi through his eyes. Players will take on the role of Ryder White as a playable character in a single player campaign with several hours of gameplay as well as brand new weapon blueprints.
Dead Island’s Ryder White DLC will be available on January 31, 2012, for $9.99 on PS3.
The game is getting a day 1 patch.
Patch details include:
* Fixed map synchronization when player joins during map load.
* Fixed saving player re-spawn position when playing in co-op mode.
* Fixed occasional inability to complete sidequests in Laboratory.
* Improved enemy awareness (zombies).
* Fixed occasional bug with NPC’s hands bend (IK)
* Fixed spawning enemies in some quests after joining co-op game.
* Fixed showing locations on invisible NPCs.
* Fixed potential path blocker when quest “Knockin’ on heaven’s door” was completed before talking to Dominik during the “On the air” quest.
* Fixed displaying gather rings near some doors.
* Fixed enemy reaction to fire.
* Fixed enemies’ health and stamina bars in co-op.
* Fixed filtering of games in lobby.
* Volume of pickup’s engine has been increased.
* Fixed a number of issues causing game instability.
* Fixed the switching of maps upon player death.
* Fixed enemies unable to reach the player on some arenas.
* Thrown items cannot be picked up by co-op players for five minutes.
* Items from freshly opened containers cannot be picked up by other players for five seconds to prevent theft.
* Fixed animation glitch when trading with team members.
* More than one player can use a ladder at the same time.
* Fixed stomping execution animation when target’s attacked by a second player.
* Fixed the infinite respawning of shooting enemies.
* Fixed not hiding menu if players die inside a vehicle.
* Fixed item level calculation when playing New Game Plus.
* Added information about players requesting pause in co-op.
* Fixed A.I. animation glitch after fast-traveling or using a map portal.
* Added distinction between quest checkpoints and other types of saves.
* Fixed bug causing all inventory to disappear.
* Fixed reloading and kicking. After the clip goes in, the reload is a success.
* Purna can gain bonus rage from both “Grim Inspiration” and “Inspiring Kick”.
* Only “Walker” type enemies increase the extra XP of the “Combo” skill from Xian’s Survival skill tree.
* Health regeneration is disabled during grabs.
* Focus on items in shops not changing after selling or buying.
* More HP for NPCs in escort missions.
* Butcher enemies won’t spawn at all during escort missions (hooray!)
* Fixed tracking after loading checkpoint.
* Increased minimum vertical distance to count a waypoint as passed for NPCs (they no longer wander back-and-forth).
^ Looks fun.
GDC 11 zombie slaying interview:
A Deep Silver spokesperson stated that you won’t be able to kill kids in the game, due to the fact that they didn’t feel that it was appropriate. This is something that no doubt will disappoint a lot of people who might have been looking forward to the game.
Why have it in the trailer then?
Dead Island's developers call it a "first-person zombie-slasher/action-RPG." It's still unclear what the balance will be among those descriptors. Players will be able to choose from a cast of pre-set characters, including a former rapper named Sam B (the only character revealed so far).
If you have any doubt about how serious the Techland developers are about the setting and storyline they've created, watch the trailer.
The player is cast as a guest vacationing at the posh hotel. When the zombie outbreak occurs, he and a handful of other guests remain uninfected. They set out on a mission to escape the island, but along the way, they'll uncover the secret behind the mysterious outbreak. Although Dead Island is a story-based experience, it's built for co-operative play, and Deep Silver says up to four gamers can drop in and out of the game seamlessly. But if you don't want to play with friends, you can also play through the game alone.
Although the player starts out as a simple tourist with minimal zombie-killing skills, his traits will improve along the way, thanks to a mini role-playing system built into the game. Although Deep Silver isn't spilling all the details yet, we know there will be a leveling system and a skill tree. As the player progresses, his stats will increase and he'll gain access to new combat abilities and animations.
More Info Here: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1150440p1.html
It's scheduled for a 2011 release but no specific dates have been revealed yet.
That’s a brilliant trailer. Music is perfect.
Thanks for the info! After seeing trailer I got instantly interested in how this game will be, and so far it's looking really good. If the mood is like how it's showed in the trailer then it looks like I'm hooked.
Something's I noticed in the trailer:
.The man cutting off the zombies arm, and heads may be showing that you can dismember the zombies to help you survive
.The girl getting knocked out the window= use of environment and struggle QTE (quick time events)?
.Man blocking the door= Baracading zombies out of rooms when completely out numbered?
.The girl running away from the zombies looks like it indicates that there will be scenes where you must run instead of fight?
.Look closely at the mans shirt. It says "15 June", possible release date?
Can't wait to see more out of this game.