Sep 08 2011
By: XxShelbOxX I Only Post Everything 1223 posts

Dead Island Difficulty...

9 replies 1876 views Edited Sep 8, 2011

*SPOILERS*

Okay...in the beginning it seemed pretty balanced. But now, me and my friend are in the middle of chapter 6, and it's almost becoming unfair how strong the zombies are.

We have pretty decent weapons, but they can only do so much when there's hordes surrounding you. Also, we're both level 17.

My problem with the game so far is that now, it seems unbalanced out of no where. The zombies level with you, and like us, are level 17.

We've come to realize, that because of this system, the skill tree is almost irrelevant. Because no matter how strong you get, the zombies are going to be just as strong.

We're not sure how this is going to pan out.

Even with two people playing, it's become really hard to survive. The walkers start hitting you now, and with just one hit by them, 2 almost 3 bars of life are knocked out of you. So get 6 walkers around you, with a Ram, plus those acid guys...It's near impossible to survive. And we find ourselves in that situation a lot in Chapter 6. It seems like there are no breaks anymore..they just keep coming and coming at full force. Which I understand the game is supposed to move like that, but at least change the leveling system to give the players a better chance.

I think the zombies need to be leveled slower than you. Maybe 1 or 2 levels behind. So in our case, the zombies would be level 15. I think that's fair. Otherwise, what's the point of working hard toward so many skills on the tree just for the zombies to be able to counter that?

Is anyone else having trouble with the difficulty? And if you are passed level 6+, how is it going for you? How much harder does it get?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (1,876 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1830 posts

Re: Dead Island Difficulty...

Sep 8, 2011

I read somewhere about this, and it seems there's actually a simple answer for that- the zombies are more hardcore if youre playing with a partner. The difficulty rises with each player, I know I read that somewhere.... no link, tho.....sorry   ive been playing by myself, minus the few levels where someone hopped in with me, and I noticed it was harder when someone joined

Get your Portable ID!
www.facebook.com/thedisastronots
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (1,876 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1223 posts

Sep 10, 2011

Yeah but either way it should be more balanced...even with more players.

I've noticed it getting extremely difficult if you walk around the city of Moresby.

There are the runners EVERYWHERE. And if you die, you will most likely spawn around the same spot causing them to just chase you all over again. It gets insane the higher level you get lol.

Like I said...I think the zombies should level just a bit slower than you do.

I'm level 21 now...so zombies should be like 19 in my opinion.

Meh, oh well.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (1,876 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
575 posts

Sep 14, 2011

the city is tame compared to the jungle and prison the game get insanely hard towards the last few chapters with runners,thugs,and butchers all over the place at once.

invision2212 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (1,876 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6080 posts

Sep 16, 2011

I played through with a friend the whole game. The city is probably the hardest place. But it's still not like "OMG this is so hard it's not fun anymore" At least not in my opinion. Just kick and dodge a lot more. Retreat. Don't be afraid to retreat if at all possible. Lure the zombies to you one by one if you can. Stuff like that.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (1,876 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2805 posts

Sep 19, 2011

the city is easily the hardest place in the entire game, especially if you get inside the quarantine wall. packs and i do literally mean PACKS of "infected" roam around in there. if you think just one or two of those fast things is hard to fight then try having to deal with 6 or 8 of them at a time! yes some well timed kicking and weapon swinging can keep them at bay but eventualy you get tired.

i guess i forgot to care
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (1,876 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 3, 2012
Add me So we can play dead island
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (1,861 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2012

The city was the hardest place in the game, and it didn't even have Butchers. What it did have was an unlimited number of respawning Infected near the sewer part and the quarantine wall. Got swarmed every time I took that route.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (1,859 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Jul 9, 2012

I only had trouble when the zombies got in the way  while I was dealing with the human gangs. The Rams are easy if you attack them with explosives or blunt weapons/swords to the back.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (1,829 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21896 posts

Jul 11, 2012

XxShelbOxX wrote:

*SPOILERS*

Okay...in the beginning it seemed pretty balanced. But now, me and my friend are in the middle of chapter 6, and it's almost becoming unfair how strong the zombies are.

We have pretty decent weapons, but they can only do so much when there's hordes surrounding you. Also, we're both level 17.

My problem with the game so far is that now, it seems unbalanced out of no where. The zombies level with you, and like us, are level 17.

We've come to realize, that because of this system, the skill tree is almost irrelevant. Because no matter how strong you get, the zombies are going to be just as strong.

We're not sure how this is going to pan out.

Even with two people playing, it's become really hard to survive. The walkers start hitting you now, and with just one hit by them, 2 almost 3 bars of life are knocked out of you. So get 6 walkers around you, with a Ram, plus those acid guys...It's near impossible to survive. And we find ourselves in that situation a lot in Chapter 6. It seems like there are no breaks anymore..they just keep coming and coming at full force. Which I understand the game is supposed to move like that, but at least change the leveling system to give the players a better chance.

I think the zombies need to be leveled slower than you. Maybe 1 or 2 levels behind. So in our case, the zombies would be level 15. I think that's fair. Otherwise, what's the point of working hard toward so many skills on the tree just for the zombies to be able to counter that?

Is anyone else having trouble with the difficulty? And if you are passed level 6+, how is it going for you? How much harder does it get?

Did you do all the side missions before heading to the City?

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (1,805 Views)
0 Likes