Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 01 2013
By: Skaxus First Son 1 posts

Dead Island: Riptide (Spoilers?)

2 replies 111 views Edited May 1, 2013

The Dead Island franchise is one of my favortie zombie bashing games ever made, though Left 4 Dead 2 is a great game, killing zombies doesn't feel as grusome as Dead Island makes it. Now about Riptide.

Riptide, sequal or not, is the continuation of the first Dead Island, and though Dead Island wasn't known for a good story, Riptide dilivered a DECENT story at least. The questlines were mainly fetch quests, and I have no problem with that, because it lets me encounter more zombies and more blueprints to kill and create. And that ending, good or not, left the game open for a whole new cast of characters, as the old cast (Maybe) turned, on a new island. But the sales of the game are making me very worried. Riptide sold less than half of the first game did on its first week, and reviews for the game are very biased and very low. Is anyone else worried about Deep Silver throwing out the 3rd Dead Island title? Because with sales this low, its going to make the producers a bit sceptical about making another...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (111 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11066 posts

Re: Dead Island: Riptide (Spoilers?)

May 1, 2013

The success of the first Dead Island might have been done through word of mouth. That plus the brilliant marketing strategy to showcase a CG trailer that had no connection with the game after all. At the time gamers didn't have a zombie-based RPG like Dead Island turned out to be. Cooperative, people probably told all their friends, "Hey, come check this out and play the game with me!" Given Dead Island's glitchiness, I know that turned people off. Maybe customers got their heads screwed on this time and figured they'd head into another disaster, and not the good kind.

Dead Island: Riptide is pretty much the same game as last time. It's still a cooperative, island-based, zombie-mauling experience, but it's still broken in certain ways. Sure enough people could pick up and play  through Dead Island for the second time, but there's also the factor of the even more attention-getting zombie game coming soon known as The Last of Us. Most gamers probably have their eye centered on Naughty Dog's vision this time around.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6178 posts

Re: Dead Island: Riptide (Spoilers?)

May 2, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

The success of the first Dead Island might have been done through word of mouth. That plus the brilliant marketing strategy to showcase a CG trailer that had no connection with the game after all. At the time gamers didn't have a zombie-based RPG like Dead Island turned out to be. Cooperative, people probably told all their friends, "Hey, come check this out and play the game with me!" Given Dead Island's glitchiness, I know that turned people off. Maybe customers got their heads screwed on this time and figured they'd head into another disaster, and not the good kind.

Dead Island: Riptide is pretty much the same game as last time. It's still a cooperative, island-based, zombie-mauling experience, but it's still broken in certain ways. Sure enough people could pick up and play  through Dead Island for the second time, but there's also the factor of the even more attention-getting zombie game coming soon known as The Last of Us. Most gamers probably have their eye centered on Naughty Dog's vision this time around.

What parts are you saying is broken, I havn`t finished the game yet, but havn`t encountered very many problems?

Riptide is also a step in the right direction, I also found the story to be decent so far, I am enjoying the story so far, and did find it's a step up from the previous, also a good game. The other stuff they added to the game was improvments as well. I also agree with the above poster, the first game had many big glitches, which put many people off from the game, which is to be expected, no one likes glitchy games.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (88 Views)
0 Likes