Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 19 2012
By: The_Evil_Nick Uncharted Territory 1778 posts

Dead Island - just got it but freezes

[ Edited ]
5 replies 437 views Edited Sep 19, 2012

Hey guys Just bought dead islan GOY Edition for something to play online with my buddy but for some reason he cant connect at all, and sees no on in the lobby (i can see him tho) and mine freezes up after a while of online.

no other game freezes so i know its not the system and I did read this was an issue like a year ago with the game, but has it NOT been fixed after all this time?

thanks

Why are games such crapola now?

"His name was Robert Pulsan"

READ MA BLOG YO "http://tevilblog.blogspot.com/"

If i ask questions that means i already googled it and got no where.

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is slaying a ratholos over and over again and expecting different rewards".

Message 1 of 6 (437 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11130 posts

Re: Dead Island - just got it but freezes

Sep 23, 2012

Even with the fixes in place Dead Island still had problems. I don't think I was ever able to send an invite to my friends, but somehow they were able to send an invite my way.  The lobby system in Dead Island just wasn't designed as well as could be imagined. As the development team is in the process of working on the sequel it's doubtful that they'll be correcting past bugs for the first game a year afterward.

Message 2 of 6 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

Sep 24, 2012

really bothers me that games that never funtioned correctly and blatantly siphoned money from consuemrs with a faulty product will just start working on a sequel.

my game froze up 3 times again playing with my buddy last night.

he got the regular version and had to download all the patches.

i got the GOTY edition with the patches included and mine freezes WAY more than his.

this is BS

"His name was Robert Pulsan"

READ MA BLOG YO "http://tevilblog.blogspot.com/"

If i ask questions that means i already googled it and got no where.

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is slaying a ratholos over and over again and expecting different rewards".

Message 3 of 6 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1135 posts

Oct 6, 2012

oh

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 4 of 6 (388 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Apr 1, 2013

I just got dead island GOTY and need people to play. plz add me. mine froze when someone added to my game :smileysad:

Message 5 of 6 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2706 posts

May 4, 2013

Not liking what I'm hearing, I'm about to buy dead island goty and I really hope the online isn't as bad as people have been saying.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 6 of 6 (154 Views)
0 Likes