Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 06 2012
By: merlin5198 First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

Dead Island

14 replies 103 views Edited Jan 6, 2012

I have 2 questions about the game. I've beaten the game a few times now, with all the characters, but there are 2 things I still can't figure out.

Question 1: In my inventory I have an item called "questitem_masterkey" not sure what that's for...

Question 2: This is the tough one.  On the way to the tombs, after you cross the bridge. If you go down into the river, I found a hidden secret switch near the waterfall and I can figure out what its for. Does anybody know?

Message 1 of 15 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Re: Dead Island

Jan 7, 2012

Those are tricky questions! I have no idea so I've featured your post! Maybe it will get some attention and some one else can answer this for you! I'm really curious now what those are

Aloha!

BluMakaira by S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Message 2 of 15 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
610 posts

Jan 9, 2012

Did you like this game? Is it good?

I was apprehensive about buying it, due to some  graphical

problems they were having with it. Did the patch fix it?

Is the story, single player mode as bad as a couple of

reviews I'd read about it?

Message 3 of 15 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
406 posts

Jan 12, 2012

The story line is pretty basic:Four peoples lives randomly converge on a tropical island shortly before a zombie outbreak.They can team up and help the survivors escape(multiplayer)or you can go it alone.I've tried both modes and despite some inventory issues and a slight lag in loading the graphics I'm pretty happy with this game.Its really easy at first but it gets harder.I guess I personally have the most fun figureing out the most efficent way to kill the various types of zombies in whatever "formation" they are in.

Message 4 of 15 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Jan 12, 2012

I Agree! I actually enjoyed playing this. Its one that is perfect for when you actually have a fair bit of spare time. I'd find myself playing this for hours and not even realize that I had. That's because you're not locked into missions - you can do what you want to do and totally explore the island. Because of this and the number of weapons you can have (and make!) you can really hone in on your playing style. If you want to run from zombies you can or if you want to stand and fight you can do that too! Whatever gets you to the next point! I really love that about the game.

Aloha!

BluMakaira by S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Message 5 of 15 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
406 posts

Jan 12, 2012

It sounds like you finished the game,did you finish the "Trust me,I'm a doctor" challenge?I'm havin a tough time with it.

Also I read somewhere that the Bloodbath DLC was free for those who pre-ordered,which I did.Is this true?

Message 6 of 15 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6456 posts

Jan 12, 2012

free bloodbath arena  was for the limited edition version only which was gotten from gamestop if you preordered it.

to the OP. The item you mentioned is pointless, apparently it doesn't do anything. as for the second thing, it's not  really much, if you hit the switch, it makes flames or something come out of a statue, can't remember where it was. havn't tried it myself, but heards from other people who did it.

Message 7 of 15 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
610 posts

Jan 12, 2012

This sounds like a fun game. The reason I didn't get it early on was

I'd read that it had some bugs and issues, that needed patches  to

resolve these certain issues the game had problems with.

I'm assuming they've fixed them now, or at least they should

have been fixed by now.

I didn't like Dead Rising 2,and if it's anything like it, I'd rather not

bother thanks. lol

Are there things to do besides killing zombies on your own, or

with the same group you start out with? You can only save

survivors on multiplayer?

How aboutRunning into a group of people,

and trying to help them kill off

zombies attacking them?

Thanks for the info, BM and BB!

Message 8 of 15 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
406 posts

Jan 13, 2012

I like it.The story line isn't very immersive but the enviroment and audio effects have a way of drawing me in.I've never tried DeadRising so I can't comment on that but all the scenarios you asked about do happen...and more.

Message 9 of 15 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 13, 2012

I have every Trophy for this game including the ones for DLC. I love this game. I think its great!

Message 10 of 15 (103 Views)
0 Likes