Apr 03 2013
By: chickenbonetom Treasure Hunter 7613 posts

Doom 4 is Real, Id “Promises to Meet the Very High Expectations Everyone has for This Game”

[ Edited ]
3 replies 611 views Edited Apr 4, 2013

doom-4-header2.png

Rumors of Doom 4 have been around for a couple years now, but Bethesda and Id Software never actually came out and debuted it to the public. In a statement sent to Kotaku today by Pete Hines, Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations at Bethesda, he revealed that Doom 4 is in the works:

An earlier version of Doom 4 did not exhibit the quality and excitement that Id and Bethesda intend to deliver and that Doom fans worldwide expect. As a result, Id refocused its efforts on a new version of Doom 4 that promises to meet the very high expectations everyone has for this game and this franchise. When we’re ready to talk about the Doom 4 Id is making, we will let folks know.

Systems for Doom 4 have yet to be determined, but if a Kotaku source is to be believed, it will arrive on next generation consoles.

Note: Article From Playstation Lifestyle

Message 1 of 4 (611 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11359 posts

Re: Doom 4 is Real, Id “Promises to Meet the Very High Expectations Everyone has for This Game”

Apr 4, 2013

Never have gotten around to playing Doom 3, but if Doom 4 ends up attracting and surprising me then I could probably see myself playing the game like with the earliest editions. Years ago though the lineup from id Software didn't capture my interest, particularly titles such as Doom 3 and Quake 4. Even Rage isn't a game I've raged about. Hopefully they're aiming for an improved direction this time.

Message 2 of 4 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Re: Doom 4 is Real, Id “Promises to Meet the Very High Expectations Everyone has for This Game”

Apr 5, 2013

Wow you gotta be kidding. So after all this waiting the first thing they tell us in like 5 yrs is it prob won't be out for another 3 yrs and now we have to buy a Next-Gen system just to play the new Doom game. Not even any footage or anything from the new Doom.

Message 3 of 4 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Apr 5, 2013

xripurjeansx wrote:

Wow you gotta be kidding. So after all this waiting the first thing they tell us in like 5 yrs is it prob won't be out for another 3 yrs and now we have to buy a Next-Gen system just to play the new Doom game. Not even any footage or anything from the new Doom.

Well we haven't got any confirmation that they're moving Doom 4 to Next-Gen systems yet so hopefully that's not the case. Or if they do hopefully they will be making a PS3 Version as well. As far as seeing some footage of this game that's been in development since like 2008 that sure would be nice lol. All this told us is that we can expect to wait even longer than we thought for anything Doom 4 related.

Message 4 of 4 (105 Views)
0 Likes