May 24 2013
By: rojito Treasure Hunter 6997 posts

Dying Light Info

[ Edited ]
12 replies 1256 views Edited Dec 20, 2013

dl

^ Why is that bar in the middle of the screen?

Now, speaking with Polygon, designer Maciej Binkowski confirmed new DualShock 4 features.

For example, turning on your flashlight in-game will see your controller light up, while pressing the touch-pad will call up the game’s menu screen. The team is also working on a mechanic that sees you shouting into your DualShock 4 microphone to alert hordes of zombies away from your co-op buddies.

Online footage sharing is also of high interest to the studio, as Binkowski added, “To be honest, it’s my favorite feature of the PS4. Dying Light is a sandbox experience, there’s a lot of emergent gameplay. We can’t wait for people to use it — there are so many situations happening in the office where someone says, ‘Dude, I just did this and I couldn’t believe it!’ We want you to be able to share those stories. This feature is perfect for that stuff. We can even do things like ‘Kill of the Week.’”

Thanks King_xO-AsSaSSin

Warner Bros. and developer Techland are offering an exclusive PVP mode called "Be the Zombie." In "Be the Zombie," players assume the role of a night hunter – a super fast zombie with a special tendril for navigating the environment – and battle each other for supremacy.

Dying Light, an open-world action game with parkour elements (and zombies) was announced prior to E3 earlier this year. Due on PS4 and PS3 in 2014, Dying Light is the second zombie-based property fromTechland.

Press Release:

Dying Light "Be the Zombie" Game Mode
Available Exclusively for Early Purchasers

Pre-Order Bonus Allows Gamers to Play as Night Hunters in PvP Action
____________________________________________________________________________________
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced "Be the Zombie" mode for Dying Light, a reward for fans in North America who pre-order the upcoming action survival game. Reserving the game early is the only way at launch to get the mode which allows gamers to play as deadly predators and engage in the game's only PvP mode.

The special "Be the Zombie" PvP game mode provides gamers the ability to stalk other players as a night hunter, a lethal predator with unique and deadly skills like superhuman speed, a tendril used to grapple around the game world, special charge and distance attacks, and more. As an extremely rare zombie mutation, the night hunter is an agile, fast and dangerous enemy who emerges nocturnally in order to prevent the destruction of Hives by killing humans.

By playing as a night hunter, gamers will earn experience points and develop the character through its own special skill tree, as well as earn other exclusive rewards and perks. This multiplayer mode gives players an entirely new way to experience the world of Dying Light on top of the story campaign.

Dying Light is a first-person, action survival horror video game with a harrowing day-night cycle set in a vast open world. Currently under development by Techland, the game will be available in 2014 for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4, plus Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system, and PC.

During the day, players will traverse an expansive urban environment overrun by a vicious outbreak, scavenging the world for supplies and crafting weapons to defend against the growing infected population. At night, the hunter becomes the hunted, as the infected become aggressive and more dangerous. Most frightening are the predators which only appear after sundown. Players must use everything in their power to survive until the morning's first light.

^ This looks like Dead Island 2

^ Is that Cole McGrath?

Thanks HorrorGod

Dying Light is a first-person, action survival horror game set in a vast and dangerous open world. During the day, players traverse an expansive urban environment overrun by a vicious outbreak, scavenging the world for supplies and crafting weapons to defend against the growing infected population. At night, the hunter becomes the hunted, as the infected become aggressive and more dangerous. Most frightening are the predators which only appear after sundown. Players must use everything in their power to survive until the morning’s first light.

Survive the Night - During the day, players roam free and scavenge for supplies and weapons. But at night, the world undergoes a deadly transformation: the hunter becomes the hunted as the infected grow more aggressive and numerous, and something far more sinister awakens to stalk its prey.

Free Running Movement - Whether tracking prey or escaping predators, Dying Light lets players swiftly navigate the world by seamlessly leaping between buildings, grappling up walls and pouncing on unsuspecting enemies.

Welcome to the Quarantine - Dying Light is set in a vast open world, delivering expansive and varied environments, a wide variety of enemy classes and a hopeless tale of survival where resources are scarce and the infected are not the only threat.

Brutal Melee and Ranged Combat - get up-close using a variety of light and heavy weapons including knives, bats, axes, sledgehammers and more exotic weaponry or utilize guns and other firepower to take down enemies from a distance.

Choose Your Play Style - Dying Light features four playable characters that can be fully customized and upgraded to match any play style.

Craft Your Weapon - Why use a wrench when you can use a wrench wrapped in electrified barb wire? Dying Light’s sizeable crafting system enables players to create a slew of new, more potent weapons and equipment, as well as specialized ammunition.

Breathtaking Visuals and Gameplay - Dying Light is the first game powered by Chrome Engine 6, a cutting edge incarnation of Techland’s proprietary technology, designed from the ground up for the new console generation, DirectX 11 and other advanced solutions.

dl

dl

- DI: Riptide was made by Techland Warsaw (a secondary studio); Dying Light is being developed in Wroclaw (the original team), the production started right after they finished first Dead Island,
- randomized side quests available through the city,
- larger infected groups than in Dead Island games,
- critical hits illustrated by X-ray flashes (probably similar to Sniper Elite v2),
- the protagonist is also infected by the virus, it will give him super-powers (seriously); one of the examples is a "zombie-sonar" (similar to the Prototype 2 one),
- completing quests during night-time will give more/better rewards,
- more at E3, will probably be playable during the show.

Official game site
First look @ Polygon

^ from Speirek

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (1,256 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3912 posts

Re: Dying Light Info

Jun 7, 2013

Cinematic trailer released today.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/07/dying-light-on-ps4-techlands-post-apocalyptic-playground/

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (1,209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6997 posts

Aug 18, 2013

added video

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (992 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Aug 18, 2013

At first I wasn't interested in this at all. However, with the free running mechanic I have seen in action and the day and night differences I'm starting to get interested in this.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (988 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6997 posts

Aug 30, 2013

added info

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (956 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6997 posts

Oct 1, 2013

added video

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (863 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4382 posts

Nov 13, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (782 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6997 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Now, speaking with Polygon, designer Maciej Binkowski confirmed new DualShock 4 features.

For example, turning on your flashlight in-game will see your controller light up, while pressing the touch-pad will call up the game’s menu screen. The team is also working on a mechanic that sees you shouting into your DualShock 4 microphone to alert hordes of zombies away from your co-op buddies.

Online footage sharing is also of high interest to the studio, as Binkowski added, “To be honest, it’s my favorite feature of the PS4. Dying Light is a sandbox experience, there’s a lot of emergent gameplay. We can’t wait for people to use it — there are so many situations happening in the office where someone says, ‘Dude, I just did this and I couldn’t believe it!’ We want you to be able to share those stories. This feature is perfect for that stuff. We can even do things like ‘Kill of the Week.’”

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (755 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Nov 22, 2013
I do wanna play this at some point but I get very aggressive with games like this xD My husband is always telling me to chill but seriously... SUSPENSE AND PRESSURE MAN!!
Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (713 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6997 posts

Nov 26, 2013

added video

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (696 Views)