Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6349 posts

Re: Scariest moment's in a horror game that made your heart race!

Nov 24, 2012
It's pretty silly, but the first night I had Dead Space I had the living crap scared out of me. I was on the warship, just moving around cautiously. It was the dead of night, my lights were off, and I was deeply absorbed in the game. As I trudged through the dark halls....my Mom opened the door behind me, telling me that her and dad were going to bed. Well, needless to say I threw my controller in surprise. xD
Message 11 of 14 (398 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4420 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Wow, old post.  Just saw this one, and figured, what the hay.  I have some input.

Dead Space, Part 13, you come out of the Vacuum and into this room with an incredible amount of noise, flashing lights and steam.  Turns out there are no dangers in there, but it really catches your attention.  Great work Visceral!

Almost peed myself on that one. :smileyvery-happy:

Moble

Message 12 of 14 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1681 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Squished wrote:

Silent Hill 1 where you have to go down the dark alley and you come across these mutated "meat looking" children.  I never played after that.  This was very near the beginning of the game.

lol...I know, right??

Silent Hill was the scariest game ever.  There's an argument to be made for Silent Hill 2, but Silent Hill was just frigging brutal.  There were times when I'd play the game for 20 minutes and just have to stop playing.  I love the horror genre, I've read every worthwhile book that Stephen King has ever written, and there I was...a grown *** man, had to stop playing the game because I was getting freaked out.

That game ****s with you.  Like Squished says...one of the first things that happens in Silent Hill is you come across a mutilated and rotted corpse that was crucified to a chain link fence...and then some freakish looking demon kids come out of nowhere AND KILL YOU.

Silent Hill.  Pick any five second sequence in that game and chances are they're some of the scariest five seconds ever.

Message 13 of 14 (271 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Definitely Resident Evil 2 back when I was 10-11 years old. Those lickers scared the crap out of me. xD

Message 14 of 14 (204 Views)