Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 11 2013
By: JERM7 MVP Support 4692 posts

Siren PS2 classic

1 replies 328 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

So the PS2 game Siren is coming next week to the PS3 as a PS2 classic:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/10/crafting-the-horrifying-world-of-siren-out-on-psn-tuesday/

I am considering this game but from what little I can find, it doesn't look like I'll pick it up; it sounds like it's the same as the PS3 game but with worse graphics and controls :smileyindifferent:.  I had heard, as wikipedia states it, that, "Blood Curse is a "reimagining" of the first installment in the series, Siren," but I can't find any detailed information about what that means.  I'm wondering if the PS3 one was a remake primarily with improved graphics and controls (similar to Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes) or a completely different take on the game's story and setting (similar to the upcoming Tomb Raider and DMC: Devil May Cry).  

So I was wondering if someone can clarify things for me, preferably if you have played this game and Siren: Blood Curse on PS3.  Namely, what are the differences between the two?  Can they really be considered two separate games?  Are the stories the same, but carried out in different ways (different levels)?  Is it completely different - story, characters?   Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Message 1 of 2 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Re: Siren PS2 classic

Jan 11, 2013

its alot scarier and more intense but yes, the mechanics are quite bad and clunky.  also the save system is unforgiving. its really hard, theres a reason it got rebooted. only hardcore gamers should get it. its that hard n frustrating but if you can endure, you will love it. its very scary and demented. ps3 siren is better but not as scary. give and take

also the u.s. ps3 siren is censored. bummer

Equality for all
Message 2 of 2 (322 Views)