Jan 11 2012
By: kentari First Son 3 posts

Survival Horror Study (Questionnaire)

3 replies 65 views Edited Jan 11, 2012

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum. Just wondering if anyone would like to help me do a questionnaire for these games:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Silent Hill Homecoming

Calling (Wii)

I know it's a little off topic since this is a playstation forum, but I figured it's worth a post since Silent Hill Homecoming is on the PS3. Basically I'm writing up a dissertation on what scares people in video games, it's probably a common topic but I've had trouble finding any hard evidence to help me so I decided to make a questionnaire for field study (aka grabbing a crap ton of opinions from people who've played the games).

The reason I've picked those three particular games is because they're Survival-Horror and pretty different from each other. I could have picked the really popular ones like Resident Evil, Fatal Frame, Dead Island, Dead Space etc. But I needed some to be unpopular and some that had a low age rating... I sadly couldn't pass up Amnesia for any of those great ones out today.

If you've played any of the above games, please help me fill in this questionnaire? It should only take a minute or two and it's just a click away.

http://www.skauert.net/horror_questionnaire/

I will post the results if I get enough, just if anyone is interested. My goal is to at least get 20 for each game

Thank you for your time!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (65 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Survival Horror Study (Questionnaire)

Jan 17, 2012

There has been a slight change, the games being studied are now: Silent Hill: Homecoming, Dead Space 2 and Amnesia: the Dark Descent. Please if anyone has the time, take a look at my questionnaire

Thank you for your responses so far. There is enough for the other two games.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (65 Views)
Splicer
84 posts

Jan 18, 2012

I would add:

1.Haunting Ground

2.Rule Of Rose 

3.Clock Tower 3

4.Kuon

5.Obscure

Winner of 8vs8 Starhawk Facebook TournamentImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (65 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 22, 2012

Honestly, I would have, since I know about most of those games, but I had to limit my study to 3 games. Thanks for the suggestions anyways.

I've gotten up to 69 results today, so I've taken down the questionnaire to analyse.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (65 Views)
0 Likes