Oct 20 2011
By: BluMorpho Hekseville Citizen 429 posts

What is the best Dead Island Melee Weapon?

10 replies 11259 views Edited Oct 20, 2011

I'm sure you have all made your own weapons or maybe you have found some you like the best...

What weapon do you prefer and why?

I started out loving the basic crowbar, but now this is my favorite weapon...

katana.gif

I'm sure before long I'll have another preference!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (11,259 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5577 posts

Re: What is the best Dead Island Melee Weapon?

Oct 20, 2011

well, like you I started out liking the crowbar the best, but I soon moved on the Machete's, I have the Short Circuit mod on it. I like it because, well, it's good for slicing the zombies up, plus the added bonus of electricution. I just perfer it, although I don't have a sword for back up, plus an extra machete, my main machete is an Orange mechete, so it's pretty good.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (11,259 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
429 posts

Oct 21, 2011

Yea I like the machetes too. They hold up pretty good and you can find a lot of them. Have you tried squatting on cars/dumpsters and decapitating them? Love it!

I thought I didn't like the axe too. Its so big and heavy (I'm Purna) that its hard to swing fast. I did find i love it on top of trucks though! I squat and hack on top of the big meat trucks LOL Its funny!

Oh yea but I do like the electrocution mods. I electrocuted myself a bit the first time I used it. I tried to kick a zombie that I electrocuted with the High Voltage mod and it shocked me! LOL

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (11,259 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5577 posts

Oct 22, 2011

I havn't tried standing on cars to decapitate, I did however stand on a car with 10 zombies and threw a molotov, which sent me flying back, but did earn me a trophy.

and I don't really like axes to much either, I only used it against the  Butcher for the trophy, and found it slow.

and, lol, ya, I sometimes take damage like that, because I am to close to the zombie, luckly it's not very much. It's always fun to electrocute a Thug or Ram, they go down pretty fast, however you usually have to do some attacks because it wares off before the die if they have lots of health left. However they can't can't attack while being electrocuted.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (11,259 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
429 posts

Oct 24, 2011

Oh standing on cars to decapitate is great! Try the axe on the trucks too - its pretty handy. I'm using a mace now, but I still like the axe better.It really chops and sometimes it actually takes off an arm or a head! The mace just strikes a blow.

I agree in normal ground situations I wouldn't use an axe. By the time I raised it and struck the zombie I'd already be eaten! LOL

I electrocuted a few thugs. At the far gas station where the electrical lines are down I drove my truck over it and just hung out there while I attracted zombies to get electrocuted. The noise they make is hilarious!!! Its well worth a shock mod just to have the mobility to shock them like that without being near a downed line! LOL

I've been avoiding the rams. I sometimes throw all my knives at them then try to grab them back, but I lost a really good one that I had upgraded so I've started to just run by them. I did once have a cool set up where I jumped onto a car that had a burning car next to it and the ram followed me and get set on fire! I kept taunting him till he'd return and eventually he died of burns! LOL

This is what I love about this game - so many things you can do for a laugh!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (11,259 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5577 posts

Oct 24, 2011

ya, by the way, I don't find rams to hard, as long as you are not in a narrow passage, I just wait till they charge, and move out of the way, then they are stunned for a few seconds so you can get it in a couple hits. I find they go down pretty fast this way. Also not sure if you know this, but rams automaticlly die if you knock them down, although that is easier said then done, since I belive they are immune to knock down effects, although a car works fine to knock them down.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (11,259 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 2, 2013
My opinion would be the Deathstalker mod on a Zed's Demise and I am using Purna at level 60. The Zed's Demise I am using right now has a level 1 damage of 2449 and upgraded to level 4 has over 3000 damage and slaughters almost every enemy in just 1 hit.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (8,211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 21, 2013

I'd hafta say my favorite melee weapon is the eviscerator.....for those that don't know what the eviscerator is it's a machete. Anyhow the reason I love this powerful machete is because you can totally slice and dice the heads and arms right off the zombies.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (6,311 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1031 posts

Feb 22, 2013

chaos_789 wrote:

well, like you I started out liking the crowbar the best, but I soon moved on the Machete's, I have the Short Circuit mod on it. I like it because, well, it's good for slicing the zombies up, plus the added bonus of electricution. I just perfer it, although I don't have a sword for back up, plus an extra machete, my main machete is an Orange mechete, so it's pretty good.

Yepp

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (6,290 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 18, 2013

the BEST weapon in dead island is the car:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (5,773 Views)
0 Likes