Nov 27 2013
By: supdawg26 First Son 3 posts

What kind of survival games are there

6 replies 228 views Edited Nov 27, 2013

HI, im keegan i was wondering what proper survival games are out there. ones that are like you are stranded somewhere and need to survive on resources.

Message 1 of 7 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11707 posts

Re: What kind of survival games are there

Nov 29, 2013

In thinking of proper survival games over the years, some that come to mind would include the likes of various games in the Resident Evil series as well as stuff like Friday the 13th and the newest edition of Tomb Raider.

Resident Evil 4 in particular is one of the greatest survival experiences out there. You'll be able to buy new weapons and spacing to carry them within your inventory based on limited funds. The enemies are often great in number and protecting your ally throughout the entire campaign can turn out to be difficult, but very fun and fascinating.

Other survival games that come to mind would include titles like Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater or more recent titles such as I Am Alive and How to Survive. In How to Survive you end up on an island with zombies and other creatures all around. You'll have to use the resources at your disposal to take care of everything, including tasks for the human characters you'll meet along the way.

Message 2 of 7 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Dec 4, 2013
Here is a list of some Survival Horror games on the PS3:

Dead Space - VERY scary.
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Code Veronica
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Silent Hill HD Collection
Silent Hill Homecoming
Silent Hill Downpour
Siren: Blood Curse
Deadly Premonition

Additionally, there are also several great PS1 horror games, such as Resident Evil 2 and Silent Hill, on PSone classics on the store.
ALSO, out of that list, I highly recommend Dead Space. It had a perfect blend of horror and action, and I almost shat myself a few times. Dark and Scary space ships... oh man.
Message 3 of 7 (206 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 8, 2013
Dead Space 3 really comes into its own when played in the dark with surround sound. Sound effects are one of the best of the best for this genre

Message 4 of 7 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Dec 9, 2013

Dead Rising 2! Not very "horror"-y, but it's lots of fun, requiring almost everything in the environment be used as a weapon.

Message 5 of 7 (184 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12352 posts

Dec 19, 2013

You could also try a survival action video game like The Last of Us. It’s not exactly a survival horror video game but it’s worth checking out.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 6 of 7 (159 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 27, 2013

i would wait for a few months if you want to experience horror on the playstation. outlast releases this winter 2014 and that is a really scary game!!Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7 (144 Views)
0 Likes