Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
18 posts

Re: What's the Scariest Game or Games You Ever Played?

Dec 7, 2012

PS1 hands down RE1:smileysurprised:When that doberman bust through the window i **bleep** a lil! PS2 The Suffering Series which had horror and alternate endings which could be picked up where u left off of from the 1st  one. PS3 DEAD SPACE no ? Your attached from under the floor, sides of the wall, ceiling & in elevators! You can CUT OFF ALL LIMBS & USE SOME TO PIN ENEMYS TO WALLS OR CUT OFF LEGS THEN STOMP EM TO DEATH WHILE CURSING THEM OUT!!:robotsurprised: This has ripped the HEAD off the king of survival horror (resident evil ) and placed the crown upon it's limb cutting head!

Message 21 of 66 (673 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Dec 7, 2012

PS1 hands down RE1When that doberman bust through the window i **bleep** a lil! PS2 The Suffering Series which had horror and alternate endings which could be picked up where u left off of from the 1st  one. PS3 DEAD SPACE no ? Your attached from under the floor, sides of the wall, ceiling & in elevators! You can CUT OFF ALL LIMBS & USE SOME TO PIN ENEMYS TO WALLS OR CUT OFF LEGS THEN STOMP EM TO DEATH WHILE CURSING THEM OUT!! This has ripped the HEAD off the king of survival horror (resident evil ) and placed the crown upon it's limb cutting head!

Message 22 of 66 (671 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Bobsfed wrote:

The first scary game I played was the first Resident Evil. I remember that game used to make me jump right out of my seat. Silent Hill was pretty creepy too. I got a thicker skin over the years and it takes a lot to scare me now. But I'd have to say Silent Hill The Room is my choice for scariest. It really left a dent in my sanity lol. It's one of those games that really stuck in my mind, and it really makes you think after you complete it.

To be honest the only game I ever played that really weirded me out was Linger in the Shadows.  Yes its a PS3 game and its obscure and to be honest I felt like the game was trying to steal my soul!   Seriously that is how I described the feeling the game gave me, it was just weird and eerie...but i did get 100% for the trophies :smileytongue:.

It wasn't scary as much as it was just very weird at times

Message 23 of 66 (588 Views)
Splicer
77 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

Resident Evil 4 I'd say is the least scary of the series, though I did enjoy it. It was funnier than it was scary though, how could you not laugh at that little turd Salazar? RE4+ they switched from a survival horror game to more traditional shooter. They are alright for what they are. RE5 was just okay, not very good. Resident Evil 6 is pretty cool, the multiplayer is nice.

Silent Hill is pretty obvious, I think it's the leader in that genre.

As for scariest I'd say definitely the Condemned series should get a mention. Amnesia as well, and absolutely the Fatal Frame series. I think not having 'weapons' makes games way scarier and that largely goes for Condemned as well.

There was a little known Dreamcast game from Japan called Illbleed that should be mentioned as well. Very unique take on survival horror, it had a lot of scary content as well, but the graphics were a little too cartoonish. Speaking of older games, the original Alien vs Predator made me jump many times back then. The multiplayer, being a marine and having aliens all over the ceiling and walls. Beepbeep..beepbeepbeeppbeep...dead.

Message 24 of 66 (510 Views)
Splicer
64 posts

Feb 5, 2013

The scariest game I played was Silent Hill downpour. This video game had a lot of Psychological fear and monster popping out at you. For instance, the black void chasing you and eating your flesh if you get to close. Even though the game was average, the scare factor was definitely there.

Message 25 of 66 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
447 posts

Mar 23, 2013
SH 3.
SH
REmake
Haunting Grounds.
I know you're looking at my posts GS2
Message 26 of 66 (394 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4222 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

Although I haven't played it, I'd like to add "Siren: Blood Curse" to this discussion.

I played the demo, loved it, then downloaded the first pack of episodes. It sat there until my PS3 broke down.

I re-downloaded it when I got my PS3 back, and it has still just sat there for several years now.

I just can't bring myself to play it. Even the music alone (when you highlight the game on the XMB) creeps me out. lol

I'm sure one day I'll finally start on it.

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Bobsfed wrote:

The first scary game I played was the first Resident Evil. I remember that game used to make me jump right out of my seat. Silent Hill was pretty creepy too. I got a thicker skin over the years and it takes a lot to scare me now. But I'd have to say Silent Hill The Room is my choice for scariest. It really left a dent in my sanity lol. It's one of those games that really stuck in my mind, and it really makes you think after you complete it.

To be honest the only game I ever played that really weirded me out was Linger in the Shadows.  Yes its a PS3 game and its obscure and to be honest I felt like the game was trying to steal my soul!   Seriously that is how I described the feeling the game gave me, it was just weird and eerie...but i did get 100% for the trophies :smileytongue:.

It wasn't scary as much as it was just very weird at times

hahaha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. I agree, that game was hiding something... :smileyindifferent:

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 27 of 66 (366 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4222 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I'm sure a lot of these wouldn't really "scare" me or creep me out now, but each one will hold a special place in my heart for how they made me feel the first time I played them.

My top 10 (in order of release)

• Friday the 13th (1989)
  • Alone in the Dark (1992)
  • Resident Evil (1996)
  • Nightmare Creatures (1997)
  • Resident Evil 2 (1998)
  • Silent Hill (1999)
  • Silent Hill 2 (2001)
  • Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (2002)
  • F.E.A.R. (2007)
  • Dead Space (2008)

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 28 of 66 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Mar 27, 2013
I remember Fatal Frame being pretty scary when I was younger. I want to go back to it to see if it has the same effect
Message 29 of 66 (356 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Apr 12, 2013
•1• Fatal Frame III •2• Fatal Frame II •3• Siren II •4• Silent Hill 3 For some reason most of these games were darkly beautiful too. SH3 is up there because it was my first Survival Horror game. Anyways, play these games with headphones alone in a dark room and tell me if they aren't scary as all hell.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• A cup of ginger tea with Lucifer our beautiful Lord and Savior would be quite exquisite, wouldn't you agree?
Message 30 of 66 (307 Views)
0 Likes