Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 27 2012
By: Nocturnal__Gamer Treasure Hunter 5310 posts

Working On Survival Horror Franchise

28 replies 439 views Edited Aug 27, 2012

I'm working a concept for a Survial Horror Franchise, and I'm looking for some little tips.  Nothing obvious or big please, I got that stuff covered.  I just need small little tips that will make the game better, thank you :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 29 (439 Views)
MVP Support
11598 posts

Re: Working On Survival Horror Franchise

Aug 31, 2012

Unsettling Atmosphere >>> Jump-Out-At-You-Scares

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison

Message 2 of 29 (431 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 1, 2012

SweetPoison13 wrote:

I've been keeping that in mind as I work on the concept and looking at some of the best Survival Horror games to keep that in mind.  I'm looking at horror from Japan, U.S and EU and trying to get a perfect mix between all types of horror factors.

Message 3 of 29 (427 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6424 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

I've been keeping that in mind as I work on the concept and looking at some of the best Survival Horror games to keep that in mind.  I'm looking at horror from Japan, U.S and EU and trying to get a perfect mix between all types of horror factors.

choices and consequences, as well  fatigue.  natural  habitats with sim like nature, being  realistic to life. Like if  you fall and break your arm it stays that way.

Last but not least add a little religion and priest who  dams everyones with  scriptures

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 4 of 29 (417 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 3, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

choices and consequences, as well  fatigue.  natural  habitats with sim like nature, being  realistic to life. Like if  you fall and break your arm it stays that way.

Last but not least add a little religion and priest who  dams everyones with  scriptures

I'm looking things like that, I want the game to realistic without being too realistic since it's a video game.  I'm trying to find the perfect mix of realistic features while staying in the confines of a video game such as an example would be MGS3's Survival Mechanic.  As for a character of that kind I have something like that in mind but it isn't complete.

Message 5 of 29 (413 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6424 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

I'm looking things like that, I want the game to realistic without being too realistic since it's a video game.  I'm trying to find the perfect mix of realistic features while staying in the confines of a video game such as an example would be MGS3's Survival Mechanic.  As for a character of that kind I have something like that in mind but it isn't complete.

have you ever played  Im alive.. a consept like that would be stellar. survial in the realest form but with  horror

Mcbuttz78

Message 6 of 29 (410 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 3, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

have you ever played  Im alive.. a consept like that would be stellar. survial in the realest form but with  horror

I haven't played I Am Alive, but I heard it was pretty good.  Also, I'm not exactly trying to make a Day Z.  What I'm trying to do is make a horror game with stellar Survival tactics.  The concept is influenced by classic Resident Evil, so you can see what I'm trying to do without doing too much of one or the other.

Message 7 of 29 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6424 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

I haven't played I Am Alive, but I heard it was pretty good.  Also, I'm not exactly trying to make a Day Z.  What I'm trying to do is make a horror game with stellar Survival tactics.  The concept is influenced by classic Resident Evil, so you can see what I'm trying to do without doing too much of one or the other.

i was n't meaning like day  z. but  something  with that realism..   yea i understand your point of view.. very good btw

Mcbuttz78

Message 8 of 29 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 3, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

SweetPoison13 wrote:

i was n't meaning like day  z. but  something  with that realism..   yea i understand your point of view.. very good btw

Okay, I was just making sure and I do understand what you mean.  Also, in my personal opinion Resident Evil 2 was the first real game I ever played and it kills me to see what Resident Evil has become.  Although that hasn't stopped me from enjoying a gripping Resident Evil plot.

Message 9 of 29 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6424 posts

Sep 3, 2012

re is good franchise. but  i  always thought silent hill was the better game.( please dont kill me llol).,, I agree with you on that assestment  it getting  kinda redundant with the long story.. but  everyone  seem to love it.. I really cant get into  it any more  .. I dont know the story. Sadly

Mcbuttz78

Message 10 of 29 (397 Views)
0 Likes