Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: Working On Survival Horror Franchise

Sep 3, 2012

It is and I do agree that the story has been too long, also I haven't really played Slient Hill just the demo of the fourth one.  I'm heavily looking into Silent Hill and I'm gaining influence from Silent Hill too with weapons and core-mechanics.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 29 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6385 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

It is and I do agree that the story has been too long, also I haven't really played Slient Hill just the demo of the fourth one.  I'm heavily looking into Silent Hill and I'm gaining influence from Silent Hill too with weapons and core-mechanics.

the  1st one is classic good ness..   Just remember  struggle is what horror , make them feel  death..  If want good   some good old games to try to get   idea of struggle.   pick up or play a little bit of the "the thing" for ps2.. they  dont make  games like anymore..

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 29 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 3, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

the  1st one is classic good ness..   Just remember  struggle is what horror , make them feel  death..  If want good   some good old games to try to get   idea of struggle.   pick up or play a little bit of the "the thing" for ps2.. they  dont make  games like anymore..

I currently don't own a PS2, and I remember playing the first bit of it for the PS2 but I always got stuck at the start and had no idea what to do.  Although, I have looked up a couple of things about The Thing and I do know what you mean.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 29 (326 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11419 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

I currently don't own a PS2, and I remember playing the first bit of it for the PS2 but I always got stuck at the start and had no idea what to do.  Although, I have looked up a couple of things about The Thing and I do know what you mean.

There is always the Silent Hill HD Collection although one might argue that too many elements in Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 were tweaked when this collection was put together. With that being said, you should really play some of the earlier Silent Hill video games.

In my honest opinion, psychological horror isn’t something to be pushed to the side in favor of traditional or classic survival horror. If I were to take inspiration from Silent Hill then it would be from its unsettling atmosphere, its symbolism, and its psychological horror themes. Some of the best (i.e., the most memorable) survival horror video games that I have played were actually psychological horror video games.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 29 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 3, 2012

SweetPoison13 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

There is always the Silent Hill HD Collection although one might argue that too many elements in Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 were tweaked when this collection was put together. With that being said, you should really play some of the earlier Silent Hill video games.

In my honest opinion, psychological horror isn’t something to be pushed to the side in favor of traditional or classic survival horror. If I were to take inspiration from Silent Hill then it would be from its unsettling atmosphere, its symbolism, and its psychological horror themes. Some of the best (i.e., the most memorable) survival horror video games that I have played were actually psychological horror video games.

Psychological Horror is my favorite so I'm definitely looking into that.  I would never push that aside for the sake of having a classic horror games, one of my characters I have in mind has Joker influence.  Although he isn't complete, he will be playing a part in that area.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 29 (317 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Ok so I will be brief. 

Potential.
     Basiacally you don't have to scare me at every chance but you just have to let me know you can. 

Examples: Dead space, Slender
     Walking by a vent in dead space is horrific, it throws you **bleep** and enough to stop some one from doing anything else but playing the game. 

The big "F*** Me" moment

In bioshock it's when you look up and your suddenly right next to a big daddy. In dead space it is when the music crescendos suddenly and you know a necro is right next to you. In slender it's when your screen blurs up. Make a sign that I'm about to be **bleep**-ed over and then **bleep** me over. 

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 29 (296 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 16, 2012

I have to enemy characters in mind that are fairly stalker like, although one is brief the other is a character that basically towers over the main character and is very scary in looks as well.  There's a part in the game when you truely witteness how intimidating this being is.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 29 (293 Views)
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Good. Tall things invoke the fight or flight response and increase primal fear. I am looking forward to this. 

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 29 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 16, 2012

That they do, and I have an idea in mind in which you would probably soil yourself if you saw it in real life.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 29 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 21, 2012

I want to know you guys are thinking and feeling when you watch this music video and listen to the song.  Don't think too hard, just post what comes to mind.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 29 (271 Views)
0 Likes