May 22 2013
By: HotrodMan60 First Son 9 posts

Zombie games!

9 replies 244 views Edited May 22, 2013

i LOVE zombie games, but for reasons unbeknownst to me, i have no zombie games! does anyone know any good zombie games with active online/co-op?  dead island riptide looks cool, but ive heard mixed reviews about it. it seems there are lots of pros and cons to all the zombie games ive looked at.

Message 1 of 10 (244 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11539 posts

Re: Zombie games!

May 22, 2013

If you want a zombie game with co-op, I'm afraid most of the games out there that meet these standards aren't much good. The best ones would actually be that of Call of Duty series. Call of Duty: World at War features cooperative zombie play for up to four people online. Surviving in different locations, with perks, electric fences, and eventually giant wolves that will rip your lights out, the zombies experience here is rather fun.

While an okay gaming franchise, Dead Island is marred by glitches and other faults that won't grant you a quality gaming experience. Still playable though, the two games out already are not the greatest cooperative RPG you could possibly play, but they're far from the worst.

Other cooperative zombie games that come to mind would include the likes of Dead Nation, as well as titles like Left 4 Dead and Zombie Apocalypse. None of these games were outstanding in any form from what I've played of them, but opinions do differ and you may have a different view on the matter.

Message 2 of 10 (236 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4299 posts

May 22, 2013

Although it may not be the zombie game experience you are looking for, I would recommend trying TellTale's "The Walking Dead."

It is a single-player story driven game. It is well worth your time.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 3 of 10 (233 Views)
Fender Bender
3693 posts

May 22, 2013

Try Dead Nation. It's great.

Message 4 of 10 (225 Views)
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

May 22, 2013

Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City.  Not that good, but you might enjoy it for the coop.

Message 5 of 10 (222 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 31, 2013

I love zombie games too. like everyone has been saying there DEAD ISLAND 1 & RIPTIDE, THE WALKING DEAD. theres only 1 good zombie game on PSN called DEAD NATION. so those 4 if I was you, i would check out ASAP. lol

On that note I REALLY wish PSN would recieve STATE OF DECAY, DEADLIGHT, & DAYZ. those 3 zombie games looks awesome!

Message 6 of 10 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Dead island 1 is fun and CHEAP... do not .... DO NOT buy riptide its an awful waste of money and the first is by FAR superior.

"His name was Robert Pulsan"

READ MA BLOG YO "http://tevilblog.blogspot.com/"

If i ask questions that means i already googled it and got no where.

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is slaying a ratholos over and over again and expecting different rewards".

Message 7 of 10 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Jun 5, 2013

If anyone has a 360 check out State of Decay. I downloaded it this morning and it seems pretty good. The graphics are a little rough but over all I have been having a blast. It has been getting half decent reviews. I also am one of the few that really enjoyed Dead Island. 

Message 8 of 10 (135 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

Jun 6, 2013

StaticRaven wrote:

I love zombie games too. like everyone has been saying there DEAD ISLAND 1 & RIPTIDE, THE WALKING DEAD. theres only 1 good zombie game on PSN called DEAD NATION. so those 4 if I was you, i would check out ASAP. lol

On that note I REALLY wish PSN would recieve STATE OF DECAY, DEADLIGHT, & DAYZ. those 3 zombie games looks awesome!

walking dead was fun but not as replayable as they would make it seem, but very fun one time through,

deadisland 1 yes, part 2 NO

Dead Nation, I got for free so I am biased but I would not have payed for it. Its just a top down shooter, nothing more.

"His name was Robert Pulsan"

READ MA BLOG YO "http://tevilblog.blogspot.com/"

If i ask questions that means i already googled it and got no where.

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is slaying a ratholos over and over again and expecting different rewards".

Message 9 of 10 (128 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4299 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

thepunisher-1970 wrote:

If anyone has a 360 check out State of Decay. I downloaded it this morning and it seems pretty good. The graphics are a little rough but over all I have been having a blast. It has been getting half decent reviews. I also am one of the few that really enjoyed Dead Island. 

I've been following that title since Undead Labs announced their ambitious open world, zombie apocalypse title back in 2011 (when it was just known as "Class3."

I will definitely be picking it up in the very near future.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 10 of 10 (120 Views)
0 Likes