Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 02 2012
By: Wil_Chade First Son 4 posts

SF:TOS Online?

1 replies 1707 views Edited Jun 2, 2012

Is there going to be a way to plat Omega Strain's multiplayer on the PS3? I loved this game when it came out back in the day. I was a hardcore player. Sadly a house fire destoryed my collection. When I got the games 1-3 last year from PSN, I was happy but when TOS hit in May I was on Cloud 9. I got it last night/ this morning but it won't let me play online. I am assuming everyone has this problem however if anyone knows how to make it work, please share.

Message 1 of 2 (1,707 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Re: SF:TOS Online?

Jun 3, 2012

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to play Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain that you (and many other people) downloaded from the PlayStation Store. I know, it is very disappointing, as we need the online in order to achieve 100% in-game. Like you, I was a hardcore Omega Strain player and was very mournful that Sony shut the servers down. Many fans took that as a slap in the face. They save a buck in server maintenance, but screw the hardcore audience that enjoyed playing this game, and that would potentially buy their next installment.

Now, if you have the Omega Strain disc, you can play it on your PS3 or PS2 by tweaking the IP address. It is sad that the hardcore players have to go to these measures to play a franchise game, that used to be a staple to the PlayStation brand, is still one of the longest running original PlayStation brands, and if Sony put a little bit more effort in this franchise, they could make a profit for themselves and keep the fans happy. We can only hope.   

Message 2 of 2 (1,707 Views)
0 Likes