Dec 28 2013
By: jtpa007 First Son 2 posts

Bugs @ the Dam?

2 replies 122 views Edited Dec 28, 2013

Being that I am off for work for two weeks for the holiday I finally had time to make my way through the single player campaign and encountered two bugs at the Dam level, one I was able to get by the other I was not.  

The first one happens right after you tell Tommy about Ellie and the shootout starts and you get outside to the bridge.  I threw a smoke grenade and ran all the way to the door across the bridge to the next area and killed 3 guys then nothing would happen, the door would remain shut and no more bad guys would come out.  I restarted the encounter and was able to get by it, by holding back and shooting everyone from a distance, anyone else run into this one?

2nd bug I can't bypass is shortly after that, once you get back inside to the room where Ellie and Maria are holed up and kill everyone in this area.  The girls open the door and start to come out and I guess a cutscene is supposed to happen, but in my case the screen just goes black and nothing happens. I am able to hit the PS button and quit the game.  It takes a minute and then the system beeps twice and reboots so it looks like a crash.  I've reloaded a few times and also restarted the chapter and the same thing keeps happening.  Any ideas?  I really don't want to have to start from scratch and I'm dying to play all the way through.

BTW I have an original 60GB fatty that I upgraded the HDD to 250GB if that makes a difference.  Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Re: Bugs @ the Dam?

Dec 28, 2013

Don't know this glitch, and if you tried to google it and did not find an answer:

Uninstall Main game and Updates, and re-install. But keep the save games!

Maybe you have a corrupted installation.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 2 of 3 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Re: Bugs @ the Dam?

Jun 14, 2014
So i tried this right after you posted to no avail and gave up, getting distracted with other games. About a week ago i deleted all game data and saves, installed update 1.07 and started the game over from scratch, got to the same point and it crashed again Smiley Sad. When i load my save now it starts to load, then the music stops and the screen goes black. I tried putting the system in safe mode and ran the file system check and it came back that it was corrupted. I ran the repair but still no go. I backed up all my data, put in a new hdd, copied everything back over, removed all data and update and tried again and same thing. I reinstalled the game again and the update and this time it loaded the save to 35.12% and then hung. Any other ideas? I will try reloading the chapter tomorrow from the start and see what happens. Has anyone else seen a hang here or am i the only one? I really wanna finish this game already!
Message 3 of 3 (75 Views)
0 Likes