Oct 05 2013
By: CazewokGuy First Son 3 posts

Can't connect to factions, connection bar freezes

9 replies 2192 views Edited Oct 5, 2013

Hi

Recently I have been completely unable to connect to factions mode. The 'connecting' bar that comes up after you select multiplayer goes up to about 20%, and then freezes. Music still plays in the background, and I can access the xmb fine by pressing the PS button, but when I try to quit the game I get the triple beep followed by a restart. The most annoying part about this is I bought the game about a week after it came out, and have played about 10 hours on multiplayer with no connection issues at all before the 1.03 patch..

Is anyone else having problems like me? I've looked around the web and it seems not many are experiencing this problem.

I've tried deleting the game data which saves on the hard drive of the ps3 and reinstalling it, and I've also redownloaded the patch. Both have done nothing to fix my problem..

I can't see how my router and port connections would be the issue as I have no problem connecting to any other online services on my ps3, but is that maybe the next step I should take? I don't even know what ports I need to allow.. My ps3 says I have an NAT type 2 connection so that's not a problem

If anyone has any suggestions on what to do, or can tell me if naughty dog are fixing this in a patch I'd really appreciate it, cheers

Message 1 of 10 (2,192 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Can't connect to factions, connection bar freezes

Oct 6, 2013

I'm having the same issue too.  I have an older ps3, maybe gen 1 or 2.  Is that what you have?  I noticed other ppl aren't having this issue and i'm assuming they have a newer ps3.  I have a hard time just getting to the menu screen.  It takes forever to load.  Once I get into Factions, it takes 10 mins to load the menu screen there.  Then if i try to join a game, it takes forever then eventually just boots me out to the menu again.  is this the same for you?

Message 2 of 10 (2,184 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Oct 6, 2013
Thanks for replying, and my ps3 is a slim model, I think that's gen 2? I don't have the fat model though and I gather those are the consoles with the most problems looking at other threads.. My main menu screen takes a pretty normal time to load up though, and when I look at the extras and dlc sections it connects to ps store fine.. Sounds like you can actually get in to the factions menu though, which I haven't accomplished. I'll keep trying though to see if I can fix it, and I've emailed naughty dog about this, if they give any useful info I'll let you know.
Message 3 of 10 (2,173 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Oct 6, 2013

My problem's been fixed but unfortunately I'm not sure if it will help you - after leaving my frozen 'connecting' screen for aaagges it finally asked me to re-enter my online pass code. Now I've done that I can connect fine, so it sounds like my problem is different to yours, sorry mate

Message 4 of 10 (2,169 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Oct 18, 2013

I am having the same problem also. I got the game when it came out and played some hours online and out of no where I have not been able to connect ever since then. After each patch I hope that I will be able to play online, but no luck at all. Really need the help to get back online. I tried deleting everything and no luck at all. NEED SOLUTION NOWWWWW. PLEASE.

Message 5 of 10 (2,129 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Oct 19, 2013
We need a disc for digital trade in!!!
Message 6 of 10 (2,122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 5, 2014
Brand new game, connecting screen freezes at the end of the loading bar entire. Re-installed all game data and network access. Cant access xmb or anything. Ps3 turns into a brick. Have to unplug it from the wall to get it going again.........PATHETIC!!!
Message 7 of 10 (2,002 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 8, 2014
My problem is exactly the same as yours Cazework guy. Mine is superslim model and my console also restarts with 3 beeps when i quit the game. Will try to re enter the code. Hope it works. Thank you man
Message 8 of 10 (755 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 19, 2014
When it freezes I left it there for a little while it said it couldn't connect then it went to the menu and it was faded and I couldn't access anything so I turned it off and back on and it froze like normal but I didn't wait again
Message 9 of 10 (628 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 10, 2015

Im having the same problem. In fact i cant even play the game because its also freezes. I ve tried turning it of and waiting for several minutes. My conection is ok, the Blue ray its ok. What shall I do?

And its true, the game took forever to start. And now all the waiting its for nothing.

Message 10 of 10 (315 Views)
0 Likes