Highlighted
Sep 08 2013
By: Tesla-6 First Son 7 posts

Can't download TLoU patch 1.03 (error 80710092)

7 replies 336 views Edited Sep 8, 2013

Hey guys, I don't know where else to turn to and I'm pretty desperate for a solution here. I'll try to keep this short. Like the tile says, I'm having trouble downloading TLoU's newest patch: 1.03. Every time I start the update, it either reboots my system or it directs me to a blackish-gray screen that says "Please wait..." which signs me out and back in. After that, "An error occurred during the download operation. (80710092)" would appear. I tried unplugging everything from the system to my hotspot for a few minutes and plugging everything back in and reconnecting. It still didn't work. I contacted support and they told me it was an issue with the firewall. I'm not a big techie, so I don't really know how to solve this firewall issue. I have a Clear hotspot that isn't really connected to anything other than a power source for charging. So all of the router solutions I've found don't really apply (unless I'm wrong). Any advice would be a big help.

Message 1 of 8 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Re: Can't download TLoU patch 1.03 (error 80710092)

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2013

How is the ps3 connected to the net? Are you using Wifi or running off the modem? Either way if its a modem look for a label with a IP address on it. Its going to be some thing like this 192.168.0.0 or so. If the modem is connected to a router look for the label on that. Then once you have the IP number type it in to the address bar on your PC. Its going to bring up a box that will ask for your user name and password. All lower case for the user name and its going to be   "admin"   the pass word is going to be either on the modem label or the router or password is the password in most cases. Once you get in there you will find a list of control's look for one that say's security. Once there depending on your router or modem you have options to free the fire wall. Like netgear router jest has open for the fire wall if I run jest my modem then I get more options.. I would disable the fire wall then try the patch and its up to you if you with to run one or not. I run my ps3 In DMZ but that's me... If I can help you out let me know I have done a lot of this stuff. One other option is with a pc on go to your network and open that up and if you have sharing on it should have a icon for your router that all you have to do is click on that instead of typing in a IP. The rest still fallows...

Message 2 of 8 (298 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 9, 2013

I'm using one of those Clear personal hotspots. It looks like this:

clearspot4g-angle.png

So I found my default gateway (which I think is what you mean) and did as you said. The box appeared, but it keeps saying the password is wrong. I tried both "password" and the connection password to no avail :/

Message 3 of 8 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2013

Your doing jest fine your half way there. I found you some info that will help at this link. Sorry I was off jest a bit on the password and user name for this kind of set up...   http://www.clear.com/support/download/spots/clear-spot-4g/faq/where-do-i-find-the-password-and-netwo...

Message 4 of 8 (281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 9, 2013

Okay, so your link led me to find another linkw which helped me solve it. I couldn't really find anything regarding the firewall on it, so I'm thinking of possibly DMZ-ing my PS3. From what I've read, I've gotten mixed opinions on it. Some say it's safe since the PS3 isn't really targeted like computers, but others say it's not. What do you think? Btw, thanks a lot for the help so far!

Message 5 of 8 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2013

I have done it with no issues and I have all so port forwarded the ps3 all so in the past. Its really up to what you wish to do I did not find much difference between the two other then the port forwarding is safer to your network. I have my system right now port forwarded and  here's a link for the port #'s used I would start there my self and see how it dose for you..   https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/241/kw/game%20ports

Message 6 of 8 (259 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 9, 2013

So I opted for DMZ-ing it and have successfully done so. The update is now downloading (FINALLY!!!). Really appreciate the help! I honestly wouldn't have even figured out the whole DMZ-ing thing if you hadn't posted that link. Learned something new today and I can play my game now. Love you man.

Message 7 of 8 (253 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Sep 9, 2013
You very welcome happy gaming...
Message 8 of 8 (248 Views)
0 Likes