First Son
9 posts

Re: Cut scene turns the screen black, then freezes.

Jun 18, 2013

ffush that is exactly where i am and whats happening to me...wth i love this game but **bleep** i dont even know what to do anymore, i'm tired of hard resetting my system

Message 11 of 68 (2,641 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 18, 2013

I have the exact same issue - cut scene in "The woods" just after Joel runs through the door - BAM - black screen. If I pause and try to skip it locks up completely.

Retail boxed disc, Gen 1 PS3 with replacement 500GB disc. Game version 1.01

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Message 12 of 68 (2,614 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 18, 2013
Message 13 of 68 (2,612 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 18, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQn4etnT6cU check out my video on the freezing......

Message 14 of 68 (2,581 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 19, 2013
bump
Message 15 of 68 (2,548 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 19, 2013

I'm in the same boat.  I finished "Into the Woods", got through part of the cutscene.  It went to a scrambled screen, then black.  This happened every time until I finally just walked away and let the Playstation sit untouched.  I came back around 10 minutes later and found that the game had progressed...I was at the next starting point.

Now every cutscene freezes and/or goes to a black screen or doesn't start at all.  This is really, really discouraging, as I'm missing all of the story.

I have a launch-version PS3 and have had zero problems with the system.  I'm playing Last of Us with subtitles on.

Message 16 of 68 (2,542 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 19, 2013
Interesting that it seems to be happening at that cut scene for a lot of people!
Message 17 of 68 (2,516 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Exactly, there is something about that cutscene that is affecting a large number of us, i still have yet to make it passed it.

Oh and a big thank u to ND, i am so frustrated by the last of us that i didn't turn on my system and therefore i didn't do the firmware update that is bricking systems, so uh yeah thanks.

And the next time u post something about going on a vacation, u might want to make sure your "masterpiece" is actually playable.

Message 18 of 68 (2,428 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 20, 2013

still nothing, i tried restarting the chapter and i get to the same spot and the same thing happens, someone else suggested just leaving it so i did that, after an hour it was still at the screen. i am around 50-60 times of having to hard reset now at this spot... its ridiculous

Message 19 of 68 (2,360 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 20, 2013

As VivoMortuus suggested; I deleted The Last Of Us game data, ejected the disk, turned the PS3 off then on again, put the disk back in and didn't update anything. When the game loaded, a message came up telling me the save game data was corrupt so I deleted it and started a new save game.

It seems to be working fine at the moment other than a 15 minute load time just after the car crash. This was the only thing wrong so far and I'm crossing my fingers that it continues to work properly, I just wish it was on PC too though because the PS3 clearly can't handle these kind of games.

I won't mark this issue as resolved yet as it could flare up again or be caused by multiple things, but good luck to everyone else currently being punished for their early purchases. 

Message 20 of 68 (2,352 Views)
0 Likes