First Son
1 posts

Re: Cut scene turns the screen black, then freezes.

Jun 21, 2013
My husband and I got suck at the same place. We fixed it by waiting till Ellie was through to go in the door. Then the cut scene played. It froze ten times before that and we tried all the different things but that worked. I hope it will work you too.
Message 21 of 68 (5,490 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 21, 2013

I have been having some intermittent freezing and game loading issues with this game from the start. At one point the screen was not even rendering the backgrounds properly. I choose to wipe all of the The Last of Us data that had been created from the start. (Save game, game and update data).

I then restarted the game but without connected to Playstation Network or updating to 1.01. I had no issues what so ever, so after playing for a while I installed the 1.01 update. Again no issues until I got to The Woods chase cutscene.

Here the game froze on the black screen. Pressing the start button froze my PS3.

After reading Cattywonkis suggestion of waiting for Ellie to go through the door. As she didn't run straght through the door, instead choosing to just stand beside it I was forced into engaging with the enemies for a few waves. I must of accidently backed into the doorway because the cutscene kicked in. I was not connected to Playstation Network at the time.

In closing I recomend engaging the enemies for a period and then going through the door. Please let me know if anyone else has success with this method or any other.

Message 22 of 68 (5,479 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 21, 2013

the last 2 suggestions may have finally worked for me, or it was all just a fluke lol. I've waited for ellie before, and i have fought some waves, and still nothing. This last time what i finally got to work was i deleted all my game data ( i have done this before ) i restarted the chapter and when i got back to the spot i basically ran into ellie until she went through the door first, i was then into the cutscene and perfectly fine.

Mind you i have done all this before even restarting the chapter so frankly i have no idea what works and what doesn't but thanks for everyones help, hopefully this stuff get figured out.

Message 23 of 68 (5,465 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 21, 2013
I can't get ellie to go through the door first. I fought off the clickers until I was out of ammo and still stuck having to go through the door first and still with the proverbial black screen. I can't even quit the game or turn off the ps3 during the black screen. I have to unplug the system.
Message 24 of 68 (5,464 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 21, 2013

u cant just hold the power button down until it beeps and resets? thats what happens to me but i can shut it off.

i had to run into ellie to get her through the door, literally just run into her.

Message 25 of 68 (5,458 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 22, 2013

I can't progress in my game due to cutscenes locking up.  I originally ran into this problem where most of you did, at the scene where we run through the door.   I waited it out, and after about 10 minutes the video caught up with the audio and I was deposited at the next starting point.  I missed a cutscene...which made me mad, but oh well. 

Now, EVERY custscene is the same story.  Unwatchable.  I will *sometimes* get audio, and after about 5 mintues some bits of video in fast-forward framerates, then a complete lockup. 

I can't play this game.  Please, please someone fix this. 

Message 26 of 68 (5,441 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Same here. Last try only Ellie's audio was missing, but is enough to ruin the experience.

Message 27 of 68 (5,437 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 22, 2013

i'm assuming u did but make sure u do the checklists

1. Delete and reinstall game data, if u have the season pass or any other dlc remember to go and re-download that

2. skip or reinstall patch (some people dont and it works for them)

3. Try chapter select, for a lot of people this actually works for them.

I hope those work for u, as i never had the other problems i had only run into the woods door issue (granted that resulted in about 50-60 resets). Hopefully nd is working on something so hard that they forgot to keep us updated :/

Message 28 of 68 (5,427 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 22, 2013

I have the same problem, except mine happens at the very end of the game. *SPOILER* I get in the elevator in the hospital with Ellie, the screen pans up to say floor P2, the doors start to open, then it freezes. There's no sound, only a black screen. I can't quit the game, reset the PS3, etc. The only thing I can do to recover is unplug the power cord and plug it back in. Holding the power "button" does nothing except beep at me, although nothing happens.

This is on a launch 60gb PS3, with an upgraded 500gb drive.

-----------------------------------------------
Samsung UN65D8000
Xbox 360 Slim
PlayStation 3
PlayStation Portable
PlayStation Vita
Nintendo Wii U
Nintendo 3DS XL
Message 29 of 68 (5,420 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Jun 22, 2013

This is a complete mess up.  Last Friday I had the problem with the freezing screen at the Bill cut scene.  Tried everything, i.e. deleing update, no signing in, starting whole chapter over again, but nothing worked.  I had to delete my save and start the game over from the beginning, so I lost almost 4 hours of play time.  Anyway, started over and just completed the Financial District stage and get to the cut scene and the exact same thing happened.  Cut game off, restart, delete update, delete game date go through stage again.  I get to the cut scene and black freeze screen.  Not only that it completely froze my system to where I had to actually unplug it, then plus the power source in again to get it started.  This has NEVER happened in any other game.  I have a 160GB Slim.  I am at 46% complete with about 6 hours of game play in.

Anyway, I'm not going to play the game.  No way I am going back and starting all over again.  I can only hope that Naughty Dog gives us some type of patch that eliminates these game freezes.  I don't mind if I have to start the chapter over, but I do not want to start from the beginning again.  This is ridiculous.

Naughty Dog--please help us!!

Message 30 of 68 (5,409 Views)
0 Likes